NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The old girl got a face lift

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
AussieNorts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieNorts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2012 at 1:21am
Paul,

I just need some clarification here I am not sure the rob rail you used is the same to what I have purchased from Nautique Parts.

Is this the same rub rail? Mine is very rigid and has the white backing in it, did yours look like this?

I only ask this as the rail seems too rigid to fit to the boat without some heat, but if it the same as yours I will try as you got it no worries.

Paul also did you measure to find the middle and work from the bow down one side and then the next side?

Sorry for all the questions,am totally new to this job never seen it done or done myself, I am in the dark!!!

I just spoke with my local dealer this morning and he made it sound like it is very hard to do.

Thanks again

Steve
Correct craft.....is there any other boat?
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2012 at 5:43pm
Steve,

That does not look right. Assuming that your 1993 Sport and my 1993 Ski have similar rub rails, I don't think you got the right part.

First, here is a close-up of my rub rail, before it was removed from the boat (other parts of the rub rail were trashed):

I also have spent some time at the Taco Metals Marine Products web site. If you go to this site and wander down to the FAQ's you can get a list of the rub rails that go on Correct Craft boats.

Based upon this information, and the advice of others here on CCF, I believe that the right rub rail for my boat is a V11-3447. This rail is the closest to the OEM rail for our era Correct Craft boats. Note that the rails now only come with a black or a white insert tube now (you can't get say, a blue one, that would match the color of your boat or look like the brochures.

I hope this helps. I'm not sure why you were sent what appears to me to be the wrong part.

Paul - did you get a Taco rub rail? If so, which part number?
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
gcam4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gcam4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 6:09am
Super old thread, but has anyone had any more luck locating tubing for colored inserts?  I'm looking for teal.  I wanted to just flip it around but the screw heads have damaged the insert on the inside and I don't want to use it except as a last resort.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic