NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You didn build that !

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 79>
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2012 at 11:17pm
The US has 16 trillion in debt, and has no problem borrowing more. The underlying support for this ability to borrow, is the government's ability to levy and collect taxes. The simple math says that a great deal of taxpayers are going to have to start paying much higher taxes. As we can see from the examples above, the guys at the top (making the rules) have no intention of paying more taxes. Our present tax rates are among the lowest in history for vast majority of the public, but are at THE lowest for those the top. It will not matter who wins the election if you are not near the top or bottom, you better hang on to your wallet.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 4:34am
Originally posted by john b john b wrote:

I understand why you may feel that way about light rail and Amtrak, but they are forms of transportation that are accessible to the general public. GA airports are not. If you don't own your own airplane or want to charter a corporate jet than the airport is of no use to you whatsoever. I think you have to weigh light rail and Amtrak on a scale that includes the impact on cities, roads, parking, use of imported oil and pollution. On an energy efficiency basis light rail is pretty good. I use the Glen Ellyn Metra to Amtrak downtown Chicago to Springfield now and then, it is nice service. US is one of the few developed countries without a good ground based transportation system like light rail. A system like in France, China, or Japan could get me from Chicago to New York in about 5 hours. It is expensive to build, but much less expensive to operate than the airport system we have. I think you just have to choose very high density routes. It may not be the right time to spend money on them right now however.

John, I kind of thought you might not apply the logic across the board, and justify you specific prejudice. Airports, light rail and amtrac are all different degrees of the same thing, subsidized specialty transportation used by a small percentage of the population who pays for them. As a contractor I cannot move my tools on light rail. I have no desire to take a train that cost as much as air but travels much slower. I realize it is suited to very large densely populated areas,(even then it cannot run at break even) but areas like Minneapolis that do not have the density feel the need to get a train to make them look like they are a real deal. Having a rather recent light rail system I can see for myself what it was like before and after the train. It came in at 150% of the cost estimates. Congestion around the line is far worse, because the train gets priority at stop lights it can take three light cycles to cross the track. Congestion is no better on the major freeway arteries that the line serves. There has never been a study that showed reduced pollution after light rail was added. The entire state pays for the operation of the line that serves Minneapolis and three suburbs. For the cost of the line we could have added 12 lanes of freeway, more than doubling the freeway capacity which would have served a far higher percentage of our citizens, specifically the ones who's gas taxes paid to build the line instead of freeway.

The reason we cannot control our government spending is that everyone wants to cut the other guys programs, but they will fight to the death to protect the ones they use.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 10:56am
I didn't know Minneapolis had a light rail. It certainly is a beautiful city in my opinion. Minneapolis may not be a good venue for the rail. And of course, as a contractor, you would not be using it.
On the other hand, it would be hard to imagine Chicago without our L train, Metra, and the South Shore Line. More than 2,000,000 riders use the system each day. Parking is difficult at best in Chicago, and the expressly are inadequate as it is. There is no cost effective way to expand them either. Chicago has more interstate commercial traffic than most cities, since much of the OTR truck traffic passes through it. I80, I90, and I94 all go through to get around the tip of the lake.
I don't want to start an argument, but there are studies that show the air quality is greatly improved by the use of our trains, especially the electric ones. They have just added several platforms to the L trains because of very heavy usage. The trains benefit contractors and tradesmen as well, because if you had to deal with 2,000,000 more cars on the Chicago roads each day, you wouldn't get much done other than sitting in gridlocked traffic. So, where Minneapolis may not benefit greatly from your light rail, Chicago does. It may be just a case of applying the money to the market that can best benefit from it. I agree with you that no one wants to give up funding for their pet projects, even if they are not the best use of that funding.
One other thing, you probably don't "enjoy"the parking rates we do in Chicago.

$10 – 0 to 40 min.

$13 – 40 to 60 min.

$20 – 60 to 80 min.

$24 – 80 to 100 min.

$28 – 100 min. to 8 hrs.

$30 – 8 hrs. to 24 hrs.

$20 – Evening Rate: Monday – Sunday (In after 4:00 p.m. Out by 5:00 a.m.)
$265 – Monthly: Non-Reserved
Special Event Rate: Prevailing rates are posted at the garage entrances. All Rates, including Special Event Rates are subject to change without notice.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 11:17am
Wow, with those prices it sounds like Chicago does not want people down town. I would simply honor their wishes.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 11:27am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

John, I kind of thought you might not apply the logic across the board, and justify you specific prejudice. Airports, light rail and amtrac are all different degrees of the same thing, subsidized specialty transportation used by a small percentage of the population who pays for them. As a contractor I cannot move my tools on light rail. I have no desire to take a train that cost as much as air but travels much slower. I realize it is suited to very large densely populated areas,(even then it cannot run at break even) but areas like Minneapolis that do not have the density feel the need to get a train to make them look like they are a real deal. Having a rather recent light rail system I can see for myself what it was like before and after the train. It came in at 150% of the cost estimates. Congestion around the line is far worse, because the train gets priority at stop lights it can take three light cycles to cross the track. Congestion is no better on the major freeway arteries that the line serves. There has never been a study that showed reduced pollution after light rail was added. The entire state pays for the operation of the line that serves Minneapolis and three suburbs. For the cost of the line we could have added 12 lanes of freeway, more than doubling the freeway capacity which would have served a far higher percentage of our citizens, specifically the ones who's gas taxes paid to build the line instead of freeway.

The reason we cannot control our government spending is that everyone wants to cut the other guys programs, but they will fight to the death to protect the ones they use.

This is why it is hard to have a reasonable discussion with some people.. quick to accuse of prejudice without recognizing thier own.   There are a whole lot of people out there without cars that might not give a darn that you(or I) need roads to drive around on to bring your tools to conduct your business or wish to breath in our smog while they run or bike to thier destinations. They would rather take down our 12 lane highway and put in some straight line shared use paths that dont cause massive runoff that depletes the ground water like all that asphault that they have to pay to maintain, salt, plow, etc for us to make our way to work.

The other think that makes it hard to have a logical discourse is rediculous statements like

"There has never been a study that showed reduced pollution after light rail was added"

In Minnesota maybe, but who needs a study when you can simply do math... where do you get this stuff and why do you keep believing what they tell you.

Personally I think we need all the above.. paths roads clean air standards, trains, planes, buses. It is called infrastructure and historically it is the single biggest indicator of whether a countries economy (and the country itself) will thrive or fail.

As for coming in 1.5 times the budget... I am pretty sure that it was not a government project but instead a government contracted project and that the money went to the private industry that we are supposed to worship as the model of divine efficiency. Like the main line contractor that forgot to take into account part of the work that it bid on.. and then came back to ask for money for the part of the work it "forgot" to take into account when bidding.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 12:31pm
That would help explain why 3 of the nations largest bridge and highway jobs this year were awarded to Chinese companies. They did give the best price! Our government is looking out for us.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

That would help explain why 3 of the nations largest bridge and highway jobs this year were awarded to Chinese companies. They did give the best price! Our government is looking out for us.

Yea, it's a lot like paying the neighbors kid to cut your lawn instead of your own, and then complaining that your kid didn't earn enough to pay for his books in the fall.

srbranum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srbranum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 1:34pm
Looks like we got a lot of Presidential Candidates for 2016 at least from the commentors on this topic.........

Talk, talk, talk,..........and where does it get us? Enough said. That's why I am not on Facebook.

Worry about what we have control over and not what you have no control over, don't read the newspaper and quit watching the gloom and doom news organizations. In 50 years, we definitely won't have to worry about anything for most of us.

Ya'll have a good day.

Roll Tide!!!!
I have to keep her running 'cause I can't afford a new one
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 1:54pm
If we let the professionals do everything it takes all the fun out of youtube
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 5:56pm

Yea, it's a lot like paying the neighbors kid to cut your lawn instead of your own, and then complaining that your kid didn't earn enough to pay for his books in the fall.

It was your President and his Senate that hired them.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 5:57pm

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2012 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Since when does the president and senate participate in the bidding and letting of road building contracts?

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 2:54am
Hey Joe, I lost track of this one when I went out of town last weekend, and I would hate for you to miss out on my wisdom.

Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

This is why it is hard to have a reasonable discussion with some people.. quick to accuse of prejudice without recognizing thier own.

I am well aware of my prejudices, anyone with a view point has a prejudice, I am a little tired of letting the left define them. In Johns argument against funding the airports, his reasoning was not their cost effectiveness or community impact. John stated that we should not fund them for the rich. Insert black, women, homosexual into the argument in place of rich and anyone would see prejudice.

There are a whole lot of people out there without cars that might not give a darn that you(or I) need roads to drive around on to bring your tools to conduct your business or wish to breath in our smog while they run or bike to thier destinations. They would rather take down our 12 lane highway and put in some straight line shared use paths that dont cause massive runoff that depletes the ground water like all that asphault that they have to pay to maintain, salt, plow, etc for us to make our way to work.

Joe, In Minnesota all state funded transportation is paid for from gasoline taxes. About 50% goes to roads and bridges. the rest funds public transit, bike lanes and trails. Simply put the other forms of transit used by the ungrateful that would love to tear out all the pavement is funded by those driving on the roads, bike paths and light rail, and horse paths would not exist without the cars and trucks using gas. The biggest problem we face in Minnesota is the inability to move goods and services in the metro areas due to lack of capacity, but half of the money paid into the system by those that need more freeway capacity is diverted to supplement other uses.

The other think that makes it hard to have a logical discourse is ridiculous statements like

"There has never been a study that showed reduced pollution after light rail was added"

In Minnesota maybe, but who needs a study when you can simply do math... where do you get this stuff and why do you keep believing what they tell you.

There is a "logical" decrease in pollution from those that give up cars for light rail, but many of the users are not car owners, or drive to a rail line to avoid parking costs down town. Then factor in cars waiting to cross the tracks, and the pollution levels around the light rail line are not statistically lowered when measured before and after the lines go in. In other words no health benefit is realised.

Personally I think we need all the above.. paths roads clean air standards, trains, planes, buses. It is called infrastructure and historically it is the single biggest indicator of whether a countries economy (and the country itself) will thrive or fail.

I agree we need infrastructure, but there are many options besides light rail. dedicated bus lanes can be added for a fraction of the cost, or just adding more capacity will drop congestion and improve business productivity. The main north south route in Minneapolis just got an "upgrade" the took away a traffic lane and gave it to bicycles. this solution increases travel time and congestion for a lane that only gets minimal use for half of the year.

As for coming in 1.5 times the budget... I am pretty sure that it was not a government project but instead a government contracted project and that the money went to the private industry that we are supposed to worship as the model of divine efficiency. Like the main line contractor that forgot to take into account part of the work that it bid on.. and then came back to ask for money for the part of the work it "forgot" to take into account when bidding.

One of the main drivers of the cost increase involved moving underground utilities never included in the scope of the government contracts.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 3:14am
Today's out of control government news.

5 million spent by veterans affairs for two conferences including 52 k for a parody video and 84 ks on promotional items like pens and hand sanitizer.
Again, If the government has this kind of money to blow, they have no right to ask for more taxes from anyone. this is obviously a general cultural problem within our government where there is no respect for the source of their funding.

Here is the link to the FOX story.
link
I would have prefereed to cite the AP version so no one would claim bias, but somehow they did not report the story, but the AP's crack political reporters did get this scoop today "Michelle Obama Workout Routine: First Lady Hits Gym Before Dawn –- And Before Hubby "
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 3:20am
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Cars in china

Cars in the US

boat in china

Boat in the US

Individual liberty or the collective? You decide.

Trains in Minneapoplis

My wallet

1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2012 at 3:54am
Joe Biden was in town today. Hard to get much done with one hand protecting my wallet. (that line never gets old) He is still trying to explain away the "You didn't build that" comment. Under that reasoning can Obama make any claims to have done anything in office? Bin Laden, sorry Mr President you didn't build that. Obama care? Sorry Mr president you didn't build that.......
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2012 at 2:43am
Today's out of control government spending. In today's episode Barry pays off the "news" shows that have been his biggest supporters. Now we understand why he really needs more tax money, its an election year and he needs some positive press.

"The Obama administration paid a PR firm nearly $500,000 in stimulus funds to run a barrage of ads on White House-friendly cable programs promoting its green job training program.

According to government records, the Labor Department paid the money in late 2009 to a company that negotiated a media buy on MSNBC's "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" and "The Rachel Maddow Show." The ad was set to run more than 100 times -- 14 times a week for two months.

It's unclear how many people might have gotten involved in the green job training program because of the ads. But in terms of direct economic impact, the official online entry on the contract listed zero jobs created as a result of the payment."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/22/labor-department-spent-500g-in-stimulus-funds-on-ads-during-olbermann-maddow/#ixzz24KwKyprt
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 9:55pm
Mitts motorcade went right in front of me on my way home from the grocery store last night. I didn't even know he was in town. About 7 state patrol cars and one ambulance. At least they don't completely shut the roads down for him yet. I was honored just to watch him pass.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2012 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

They look a little crumpled in china today. Two trains crashed, injuring 24, also a bridge collapsed killing three. The 6th bridge collapse in china in a year. Kind of like living in Minneapolis where the focus has been on mass transit instead of highway infrastructure for the last several decades. We only lost one bridge though.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 1:32am
I liked the zinger Mitt gave Obama today when he was speaking in Detroit. He said "I am from right here in Michigan, people know where I am from, and they don't ask to see my birth certificate".

Oh my god, the lame stream media went nuts. Obama's surrogates can say and do anything, and the lame steam media lap dogs don't say a thing. Isn't it sad what has happened to the media in this country. They are actually assisting Obama's campaign anyway they can. Never mind fair and objective journalism.     
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 7:36am
seen that 2 Dave, and then says "I know that he is a US citizen.
that the *************** he throws out there to make one believe and they just dont know any better
"the things you own will start to own you"
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 11:46am
He must have figured if Obama could make jokes about it, so could he......

From a CBS News article.....

President Obama celebrated his Irish roots again Tuesday evening, with a St. Patrick's Day reception at the White House.

Irish Prime Minister Edna Kenny presented the president with a Certificate of Irish Heritage. Upon accepting the certificate, Mr. Obama joked, "This will have a special place of honor, alongside my birth certificate."

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 12:31pm
Mitt said nothing about the birth certificate, although his comment will certainly play well with the birther crowd. What he brings up is where he is from, where he grew up and what he learned. Barack was not raised here in his formative years, The dreams of his father are not the American dream, Obama seems to have little understanding of America being based on INDIVIDUAL rights and responsibilities. This is a distinct and marketable difference between the two candidates that should be pointed out. The fact that it will drive the left and the media nuts is just a bonus.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 1:07pm
Dave....Correction.....Mitt did make a comment about a birth certificate. His own, but, he still mentioned "birth certificate". Oh my god, gasp, gasp, gasp!!

The birth certificate is like the "third rail". Apparently we are not supposed to touch that third rail.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 2:01pm
Hey Dave, Haven't heard much from you lately it is good to see your posts. My boat is running like a champ. If you get into MPLS let me know, and we can go for a spin.

You are correct, but when he mentioned his birth certificate it was not in a way that made me think birther, it was to bring up the differences in influences in their childhoods.

Its fun to get something off the top rail now and then, its costlier, but its a better buzz.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 2:28pm
Yeah, I have been taking a break on the posts lately. Been following the discussion on here though. You are doing yeomen's duty carrying the conservative message. I actually thought it was funny Mitt mentioned the "birth certificate" issue. He ain't no wimp!! I just find it amazing how the Left can get away with anything, and the media doesn't say a word, but, let ole Mitt just say two little words, and the "Accomplished Media" goes beserk. Can you say.....IN THE TANK!

Would love to get out for a run behind the '87. I was in Mpls all this week, but, on a whirlwind tour with customers or co-workers. We ought to go out for some tubing and then burgers/beers afterwards. Would actually like to get out to Medicine Lake at some point and ski that long channel for old times sake. That was my home lake when we live in Plymouth in the 80's.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Hey Dave, Haven't heard much from you lately it is good to see your posts. My boat is running like a champ. If you get into MPLS let me know, and we can go for a spin.

You are correct, but when he mentioned his birth certificate it was not in a way that made me think birther, it was to bring up the differences in influences in their childhoods.

Its fun to get something off the top rail now and then, its costlier, but its a better buzz.

I like to think of CCs as being "off the top rail".

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 3:48pm
An interesting read about the VERY unlikable Mitt Romney. Also, for what its worth, I have heard him mention that he would like to take Obama on in the slalom course. Sounds like he is a skier too! What's not to like about that?

Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable!

A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, we struggled to understand why. So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this "unlikablility."

Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:

1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.

2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.

3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)

4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.

5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School...and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.

6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America?

7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!

8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America 's scorn.

9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.

10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that moneyHIMSELF..... as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad. Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans.

My goodness, it's a strange world, isn't it?

Personal Information:

His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney.

He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old.

His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan.

He was raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.

He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they have five children.

Education:

B.A. from Brigham Young University, J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University.

Religion:

Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints.

Working Background:

After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.

After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.

In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States.

In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.

He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.

In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.

Some Interesting Facts about Romney:

Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts, turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.

Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies

like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply and many others.

He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.

He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.

He was an unpaid bishop and state president of his church for ten years.

He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.

He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.

He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.

Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.

And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income. Just for comparison purposes, Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or ..0013%.

Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:

He will show us his birth certificate.

He will show us his high school and college transcripts.

He will show us his social security card.

He will show us his law degree.

He will show us his draft notice.

He will show us his medical records.

He will show us his income tax records.

He will show us he has nothing to hide.

Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and an excellent citizen for President of the United States.

You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility. I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the current regime has gotten us into. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone     with Romney's background can do it. But, on the minus side, he never was a"Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US. [Oooops!]

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 4:06pm

I like to think of CCs as being "off the top rail".

Yes, along with CCFans.

1987 Ski Nautique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2012 at 5:00pm
Ki
Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

An interesting read about the VERY unlikable Mitt Romney. Also, for what its worth, I have heard him mention that he would like to take Obama on in the slalom course. Sounds like he is a skier too! What's not to like about that?

Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable!

A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, we struggled to understand why. So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this "unlikablility."

Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:

1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.

2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.

3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)

4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.

5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School...and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.

6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America?

7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!

8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" deserves America 's scorn.

9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.

10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that moneyHIMSELF..... as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad. Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you unrelatable to Americans.

My goodness, it's a strange world, isn't it?

Personal Information:

His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney.

He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old.

His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan.

He was raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.

He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they have five children.

Education:

B.A. from Brigham Young University, J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University.

Religion:

Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints.

Working Background:

After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.

After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.

In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States.

In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.

He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.

In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.

Some Interesting Facts about Romney:

Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts, turned it into Staples; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.

Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies

like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama, Home Depot Supply and many others.

He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.

He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.

He was an unpaid bishop and state president of his church for ten years.

He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.

He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.

He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.

Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.

And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income. Just for comparison purposes, Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or ..0013%.

Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:

He will show us his birth certificate.

He will show us his high school and college transcripts.

He will show us his social security card.

He will show us his law degree.

He will show us his draft notice.

He will show us his medical records.

He will show us his income tax records.

He will show us he has nothing to hide.

Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and an excellent citizen for President of the United States.

You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility. I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the current regime has gotten us into. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone     with Romney's background can do it. But, on the minus side, he never was a"Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US. [Oooops!]

You just brightened my day, I can't stop laughing.
Signed, The Reverend, John B.
WAITING IN ARKANSAS FOR JESUS with Mitt and his believers.
Hey, I think I saw him at the burrito shop, is his last name Rodriguez?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 678910 79>
  Share Topic