Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
sch2oskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sch2oskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer
    Posted: October-23-2005 at 8:54pm
I have a 2004 ski 206 and I love my boat but I hate my trailer.I have a Ram-lin or should I say a crap-lin trailer.I had to take it back to the deal and get them to cut the lower bunks down because the fins on the bottom of the boat was hitting it and cutting the carpet and bent the wheel of my perfect pass and scrached the bottom of my boat.Here it is one year later and the bottom of my boat is scratched from the bunk of the trailer and I'm not to happy with this trailer.Is there anyone having the same thing happen to them?
sch2oskier
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2005 at 10:55pm
I'm not personally familiar with Ramlin. I've
never seen one here in the West. They seem
to be more of an Eastern Trailer. Over on
the Planetnautique site, the reviews have
been 50/50. The 50% who don't like them,
seem to really despise them.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2005 at 6:34am
I have a Ramlin under a new 196 SN. Terrible fit and after less than one season the boat was wearing through the carpet on the bunk. Admittedly the hull is a tough fit, but it should be designed better.

The boat will only rest on about 5' of bunk and not the same on either side. If you tighten up on the safety turnbuckle on the bow eye....you can pull the rear of the boat off of the trailer (it rockers).

No damages though....not yet anyway.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
sch2oskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sch2oskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2005 at 8:48pm
My last boat was a Master Craft and I loved the trailer that it came with. You would think that when you spend alot of money on a boat that they would give you a trailer that fits better than a Ramlin.
sch2oskier
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2005 at 1:03am
To be honest, the Ram-Lin is "overkill" in design and too fancy. It has great features that alloow you to place these large boats in the garage with the swingaway tongue, square tubing design and great paint...but that hull is hard to fit and they could spend a few more hours on the application.

I used a laser level from the stern looking forward and that hull is wickedly designed....but it has the smallest wake at slalom speeds I've ever seen so I can live with the trailer.

If we ever put a lot of hours trailering again, I'm going to remove the carpet and get an old fashioned block plane and remove the high spots.

Good Luck
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic