NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interrior colors...suggestions!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interrior colors...suggestions!
    Posted: October-22-2005 at 5:52pm
Soon I will replace carpet and vinyl in an Orange promo Nautique...Yellow was the original color...not going with yellow.
Thinking black carpet and black & orange on the seats. Will it be to hot??? Anyone have black vinyl? It gets hot in the summer in Illinois...black would look good...but we do want to be able to sit!Do I need to worry about the seats being too hot?
What other color combos might look good???
Suggestions are welcome!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2005 at 6:53pm
Stang,

I personally wouldn't want black inside my boat. Just too damn hot IMO. I guess, it depends upon how much you intend to use it, and how much you intend to show it.

If I recall, Orange and Black were a pretty hot color combo back in the late 60s and early 70s. Seems like my Dad had a Cougar and an El Camino with those color combos.

Anyway, check out the 72 Brochure in the reference section here on the site. There is a picture of an Orange Mustang with Black Interior. Gotta admit it looks pretty good, and it looks real good if you put it in perspective of the era it was made.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2005 at 8:19pm
Well...too hot, that is a consideration.But black and orange...what a look!!
stang

The Super Air

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2005 at 7:03am
if you didn't get to happy with the black and used it as an accent, instead of the main body/color of the interior then I wouldn't think it would be to hot. You could also throw a beach towel over them when your swiming or having fun and not sitting in the seat where the sun can heat them up.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2005 at 11:26am
Black as the accent color is a good way to break color up if I went with orange as the main color!If the rear cushions were black on the sides(72 has three cushions and a back snap in piece),add some black each end on the passenger seat Etc...there would be enough black without the heat factor....might just be the way to go!
stang

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2005 at 11:27am
stang; Black and Orange? Wow! How cool! Like '79 says, carry an extra beach towel..............john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2005 at 11:37am
Stang,

I think you should look at JBears Upholstery
on his 80. I believe the same scheme would
look good in your orange boat. Just replace
the maroon center strip with an orange center
strip. In other words, white as the basic
upholstery, with a black/orange center striping scheme. Using this color scheme, you
could use the grey carpet which is a bit
cooler in the sun. I think this combo would
look good, but also look appropriate to the
period in which the boat was made.
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2005 at 11:44am
BKH; Good point. Grey carpet is always cool on the feet, here in FLA or at our place in TN. Like the idea of doing the stripe. Just moved the '80 to what I hope is safer storage. Gotta go out side now to board up for Wilma. How's the new job, if I can be so nosey as to ask?...john
"Loud pipes save lives"

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2005 at 12:42pm
Yeah...thinking more on those lines...grey carpet???Maybe
Maybe orange with a black stripe and black sides!
stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2005 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Gotta go out side now to board up for Wilma. How's the new job, if I can be so nosey as to ask?...john

Stang, sorry for the threadjack.

JBear, thanks for asking. Great to be back
working, but not without it's challenges.
I'm in computer sales. Spent the last 10
years with one of the big guys. Had worked
my way up the food chain a bit and had quite
a few folks reporting to me. Now I've joined
a startup company. Only about 50 people total. At this point, I am the sales team
for the Western US. Great opportunity, but
risky, and a lot of work.

I'll be hoping that Wilma doesn't pound your
or the other Floridians too harshly. Be safe.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2005 at 7:52pm
Stang,

Checkout this link over on Planetnautique. It is a 2006 Air 220 in Orange. I thought the interior looked pretty good, and might give you some ideas.

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4291&highlight=
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2005 at 12:17pm
Stang; Sorry about the threadjack also but I don't know how to start my own.
BKH; LOL. Wima went over about 6am, Windy, loads of rain. Gotta go check my boat and the bus. Sunshine back out now. We just laid in bed a listened to her rage. s kinda cool once you get used to it.....john              
"Loud pipes save lives"

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2005 at 4:20pm
We wish you brothers in the south...safety!
Let us know your all OK! OK?
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic