NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Performer intake on 83 ski

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
83SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Performer intake on 83 ski
    Posted: October-19-2005 at 4:58pm
I just purchased an Edelbrock Performer intake for my 83 and was wondering if I will experience clearance problems with the motor box.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2005 at 6:16pm
if it was or is a air gap model then yes you may have an issue but if it is just the standard performer then you should be alright.
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2005 at 7:10pm
Make little clay tower and muss on flame arrestor.Close clam shell open and measure free distance.Lay straight edge down along flame arrestor now measure down to bottom or intake.and carb flange,figure how tall ya got it then,i'd like to know myself and would be my choice of aftermarket intakes too.ESp. if I had chevy which i can only wish.Also my buddy msde a clam shell bottom spacer and carpeted it on his 68 mustang it work well,was even alot better for the motorbox when open.Set up on back seat better,his is about 3 inches thick

Latter Gl Munday
83SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2005 at 2:40am
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic