NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speedo calibrating

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
roadkingpuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadkingpuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speedo calibrating
    Posted: October-18-2005 at 1:08pm
I have seen a couple posts regarding calibrating speedos with hand-held GPS units. How exactly do you do that?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2005 at 6:28am
depends on the type of GPS and how quick/frequent it samples. the hand held ones are not as good as the larger models. Also the accuracy of the speedo will vary some at different speeds. For instance I adjusted mine with a pretty decent GPS and set it while crusing at around 35 mph but when at WOT the speedo would be 3-5 mph low from 40-50 mph on the gps but be right on at 25-40 mph.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2005 at 9:23am
Here is a thought for those that wakeboard AND ski. Using a GPS, calibrate each speedo differently. One for typical wakeboarding speeds and the other for typical skiing speeds.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2005 at 12:45am
Originally posted by David F David F wrote:

Here is a thought for those that wakeboard AND ski. Using a GPS, calibrate each speedo differently. One for typical wakeboarding speeds and the other for typical skiing speeds.

That's a really good idea David. Would have
come in handy on my old SN.

For those wakeboarders who have a few extra bucks, I highly recommend the perfect pass
as well.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2005 at 8:41am
I have read that the new perfect pass pro's have multiple set points that can be named. I think the intent is for different skiers (input name of skier), but certainly can be used and named for "wakeboard" and "ski", etc.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I am not a good enough skier to warrant the investment of PP. My friend can usually give me a good pull the old fashioned way
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2005 at 11:45pm
Hey David,

I'm not much for perfect pass when free skiing
either. They're almost essential these
days for pulling tournaments. However, what
I like best is the wakeboard mode. Just
maintains a constant speed. A lot of people
have trouble maintaining speed at the slower
wakeboard speeds, and often take the boat off
plane. Now almost anyone can pull the wakeboarding.

I believe the new PPs allow you to put in
several names with the individual's preferred speed, weight, etc. The top of the line PP
has the comp mode where you put in a whole
bunch of factors, the rpm mode, and wakeboard
or constant speed mode. I have the wakeboard
pro which only has the rpm and constant speed
(and cost quite a bit less as well).

I lived without it for years, but I'm glad I've got it now.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic