Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
not_4_tubing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not_4_tubing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1981
    Posted: October-17-2005 at 9:07pm
I was wondering if anybody has a picture of the dash and exterior graphics for a 1981 ski nautique. Any help would be appricated.
markb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2005 at 9:40pm

look in the diaries section, there are heaps.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2005 at 8:07am
Here is a dash photo of my 81 anniversary boat for you.

Your dash may be black instead of white and may not have the wood grain but I believe the instrument cluster is the same as mine.

Are you planning on repainting the sides? I am doing mine this winter and will tape the stripes by hand but I am currently making stencils for all the lettering that I can share with you if your not in too much of a hurry.
not_4_tubing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote not_4_tubing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2005 at 7:10pm
Thank you for the pic Alan. The dash is white but not wood grain like yours. The sides are actually very good, but the top unfortunately isn't. Fiberglass has many spider web looking cracks(from sun damage I suspect) so I will be redoing the top. Good luck with the lettering stencils, I hope it comes out real nice for you. Thanks again for the photo.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2005 at 9:29am
Gotta love how CC hid all the guages behind the steering wheel

Really though, I am amazed that your wood grain still looks so good after so many years.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2005 at 9:39am
81Nuatique...want to share how your painting and what paint your using....I will be doing the same soon and was wondering what paint to use!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2005 at 11:15am
Hi Dave,

You actually have to look through the wheel to see the tach while driving, sort of a pain but you can live with it. The other gauges are not as hard to see.

The wood grain has held up pretty good. This boat only has 270 hours on it so it's really rock solid, just needs some tlc and cosmetic stuff to get it looking real nice. The interior was original and really beaten up by the sun so MWCC is making up a new set of skins right now. They will be modeled after JBEAR's 80, hope he doesn't mind but that boat is an inspiration.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2005 at 11:24am
Stang,

Haven't gotten that far yet. I've read just about all the archive posts you guy's have put up though. For starters I'm just making all my templates. I have access to a vinyl cutter at work and am going to use a vinyl masking material to cut my stencils out. the vinyl is exactly the same material you would have lettering cut from except in has a very light adhesive so it can be repositioned and removed after spraying.

I have already traced the boat sides and scanned it into my pc(20 scans for a boat side). I am now redrawing the graphics in Coreldraw and then will output to my cutter for stencils when done. I'll keep you posted but I will probably not get to the actual prep and painting till after the first of the year when I get some vaca time.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2005 at 9:39pm
81; Thanx for the compliment. The interior was done by Dixelegger before he sold it to me. Was a great choice. You would not believe the complments I get on this boat. Post some pics of yours when done. Don'tcha LOVe this site?!...john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2005 at 7:55am
Actually Jbear, Anyone who appreciates these old boats has to be blown away when you pull up to the ramp. I get compliments on mine the way it is now and can't wait for the spring when it should really be looking pretty darn good.

And Yes, this website is awesome. I lurked around here for six months while we were looking for a boat and learned quite a bit in the process. Now I finally have something to talk about.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic