NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'77 Airguides, Gauges and Ariguide 725

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '77 Airguides, Gauges and Ariguide 725
    Posted: February-28-2012 at 1:39am
I have taken the gauges off my '77 project and will not be using them as I am updating the gauges. I am not sure if the older airguides work but all the other gauges do work.

The newer Airguide 725 is new with the orginial box and paperwork. I bought this one to replace my originals but found it too hard to find a match and decided to update all the gauges.

Here is where I need your help. I know what I paid for the 725 but I am not sure what theses items are worth. I would entertain all offers. i would even appreciate your thoughts as to if these items are even worth anything.

You can email me at allenwwilson@gmail.com

Thanks Allen

1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 9:28am
Allen, I may be interested in the black one, email me your price. Thanks, Steve.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 1:25pm
Allen,   Interested in the White-face Airguide on the right.

E-mail sent
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 1:33pm
Doc, Ive already been in contact with Allen about grabbing these- I just noticed that these are the "mph on the outside" version... pretty cool. Would you be interested in finding a shop to recreate the faces (in vinyl, metal, whatever)? If you could do that, I'll recuse my interest as I believe I am first in line!
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 1:47pm
Dean has KPH faces.   He can probably re-pro a MPH face.

And, I have been talking to a gal about doing a silk-screen on aluminum dial face.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 1:54pm
Yeah, I know Dean has the KPH faces. JMurph had some made up in vinyl too- good looking and very reasonably priced.

I dont think its a simple undertaking to simply "convert" the artwork from a KPH version to a MPH version. Lots of man hours involved with a picture editing vector software, I would imagine. Having an actual face that could be used as a pattern, scanned and cleaned up, would be a much more straightforward way to get these remade. Thats why I was asking if you planned to look into it. I know Dean's repro's in metal arent cheap... a vinyl option would be nice unless you could have them done very reasonably!
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 5:43pm
there is a company in California that refubishes to like new finish on these speedos.I am not at my desk right now but if you want the number I will be happy to share it. Let me knoe. Mike888
Michael
Mike888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 6:15pm
I found the number for Classic Boat Works, the guys name is Dean, 916-774-0529 Let me know how it goes for you.
Michael
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2012 at 7:23pm
Al, did you see my message above? I had initiated purchasing the white faced speedometers from Allen, thinking I could take steps towards getting the faces reproduced. I dont have a dire need for the speedos themselves, though. If you were planning to have the speedo faces remade, then I'll step aside and you can purchase them. Let me know!

Mike, we're familiar with Dean- you'll see that we mentioned him above.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 1:39am
I did have the kph white faces made up, as I thought folks might need them. To my surprise, I guess I was one of few who actual wanted them. I have plenty just sitting in a box that I would love to share with folks. I will probably pack some for the SJRR.

I could have the vector file created pretty reasonably if you end up with those Tim. We could then simply share the file and take it to a local shop.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Mike888 Mike888 wrote:

I found the number for Classic Boat Works, the guys name is Dean, 916-774-0529 Let me know how it goes for you.

As mentioned, VERY expensive!

An alternate

John just sent his gauges to him and he was very happy.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:28am
John, I love those faces that you had made up! Did you ever post them in the "for sale" section? I would think you'd have some takers for sure!

Id like to do the same thing with the MPH version as you had done with the KPH... just waiting on Al's response.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-29-2012 at 10:45pm
I did post them. I can't find the darn post though. I seem to be really horrible with the search function. I'll post them up again at soon point.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 12:14am
Well, I had a whole long drawn-out post all typed up with descriptions and reasonings and everything then accidently hit backspace instead of enter. So, after a few choice words and going outside to cool off,   I'll try it again, only this time it's gonna be short and sweet.   But, I am really proud of myself for not throwing the laptop.

White-face MPH re-pops for 725's
5-color silk screen on aluminum = not cheap (let's talk Dean into doing it since he has access to the artwork and a source for the aluminum)

5-color vinyl self-adhesive overlay = dirt cheap, quick and easy.

The only thing I have not yet done is to drive my gauge to the graphic artist for a quality scan.   I'm going to try to do it without yankin' the needle.

My appologies to Allen who seems to spell his name correctly, for taking part in jacking his sale thread all to pieces.

HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 1:40am
No worries Doc, just let me know if you are still interested we cn work out the details anytime. Allen
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 2:25am
Yep, Still on board. See my latest reply from this morning.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2012 at 10:49am
Al, it sounds like youre moving forward on getting the faces reproduced, awesome.

In that case, I'll step aside- the white faced speedos are all yours. Ive taken a few of these older ones apart, and usually the needle will pop off, with some force.

Allen, Ill shoot you an email about the other parts.
ClassicBoatwork View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2012 at 10:03pm
I am happy to work with you to produce the KPH dials you mention above.

Dr.CC above hits it on the head, "..lots of man hours".

Vinyl is an alternative but you end up with vinyl. Would you buy originals with vinyl dials?

As also stated above the artwork is not cheap. It costs me close to $200 for artwork and to have a screen made. Price goes up and down depending on the complexity of the dial and how many colors there are.

My process: The raw aluminum dials are powder coated. This is usually a days labor. Coat, sand, re-coat,etc. until you have a nice background.

I use only solvent based inks to screen your dials so they will stand up to the outdoors. Solvent based inks are a pain to work with. Essentially the screen has to be cleaned between each "pull". A lot of time goes into pulling a 4 color dial. If I can finish 6 dials in two days I feel lucky. I have also spent a lot of time matching colors to as close to original as possible. I have a few cans of expensive ink that is no use to me if anyone is interested!

I know I am not cheap but I stand behind my product and do my best to deliver you an outstanding gauge.

Back to the original point. Let me know what you need and how many and lets see what we can work out.

Thank you,
Dean
Classic Boatworks
coolboats@classicboatwork.com
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2012 at 10:14pm
Thanks Allen,   Arrived today.   Took about an hour to clean the case, glass and paint the needle.

HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 2:06am
Glad it worked out for you. It sure does look better now. I don't have any interest in the other so if you are interested just let me know.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:56pm
I have sold the Black Airguide and one of the White ones. I have the white airguide on the left in the photo and one pitot tube and one balancer and all the standard gauges. Thanks Allen
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:08am
Scott,
I am interested in what you have.
Thanks,
Dean
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:54am
Dean I will send an email but not sure who Scott is. Are you referring to me the Original Poster? Allen
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 1:03am
Sorry Allen, I am easily confused!
I met you, I don't know where Scott came from
Dean
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 10:54am
Dean, do you repair gauges that don't work as well as restoring their faces?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBoatwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 11:03am
Riley,
Yes I do. Usually it is a leaking diaphragm. There can be other problems which usually requires replacing the mechanism. This is why I am also interested in parts gauges.
Thanks,
Dean
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 1:24pm
All items have been sold!!!!!!! Thanks. Allen.
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

rexminton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexminton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by HatterBee HatterBee wrote:

I have taken the gauges off my '77 project and will not be using them as I am updating the gauges. I am not sure if the older airguides work but all the other gauges do work.

The newer Airguide 725 is new with the orginial box and paperwork. I bought this one to replace my originals but found it too hard to find a match and decided to update all the gauges.

Here is where I need your help. I know what I paid for the 725 but I am not sure what theses items are worth. I would entertain all offers. i would even appreciate your thoughts as to if these items are even worth anything.

You can email me at allenwwilson@gmail.com

Thanks Allen

rexminton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rexminton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2013 at 11:26am
hi how much for new gauge what does it measures across the back and what do you want for the pair of white face and do they work thank you very much rex minton rex@krgutility.com
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2013 at 12:13pm
Allen,

I realize all of the guages that you listed are now sold. However, did you keep your hour oginal hour meter in the boat? I am looking for a 1980 ventage hour meter that works. I would think that your 77 would be close to what I need. I see that you did not list your hour meter, but I wanted to check with you.

Thanks,

Donald
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic