NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Custom 1965 Correct Craft Mustang build

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2324252627 32>
Author
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2015 at 12:51am
Okay so I put it all back together. When I took it apart for reverse instead of having 2 brass plates and one steel one it just had one fiber disk? I figured it was some cheap replacement but now that I've installed the two brass plates and steel there is a lot of resistance and the transmission wants to spin in reverse when spun by hand, the brass and steel together was Definitely thicker than the fiber plate. Any ideas?
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2015 at 12:16am
So I measured the clutch bucket depth on the transmission end then subtracted the thickness of the clutch compressor plate, sure enough there was a.028 clearance butttt the clutch plates were .03 thick. The fiber disk that came with the trans was only .025 So, I guess that's what's going back in :(
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2015 at 4:27pm
Now that it's getting warm out I'm thinking of pulling the boat out and bringing it to be upholstered.
$1750 to $2000 sounds fair right?

I believe the guy will let me help him with the process, which would be awesome as I would love to be able to do it myself one day
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2015 at 1:50pm
I've been doing two projects at once and it's really slowed me down on the boat.

Doing a front axle swap on my jeep, I built the truss, converted the steering crossover and OTK joints, built all the links, the trackbar and brackets, and redrilled larger rotors and installed larger calipers... For any jeep people watching
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2015 at 1:50pm
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2015 at 1:52pm
But I did assemble and paint the trans

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2015 at 4:00pm
Projects, projects, projects. At least get it bolted in, takes no time to install and then you can get a water test in at a moment's notice.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 11:15pm
We wont have any open water to test it in for at least 3 weeks :(
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 6:25pm
Reinstalled the trans, only took about an hour. It's raining today so ttomorrow I'll pull it out of the tent and let her run on the hose. Ill also leave it outside of the tent so I can finish painting my motor cover

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2015 at 8:19pm
you do some nice neat work
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2015 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

you do some nice neat work

Thanks! More to come
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2015 at 5:56pm
Airing it out
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2015 at 5:58pm
Working on the engine cover, 3 coats of primer so far
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2015 at 6:01pm

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2015 at 6:02pm
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2015 at 6:38pm
Jim,
Nice dog house. You can hardly tell it's been widened and raised.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2015 at 9:17pm
I just read this whole thread, and I love it. This boat turned out really nice, great job!
1972 Mustang
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2015 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Chevy350 Chevy350 wrote:

I just read this whole thread, and I love it. This boat turned out really nice, great job!

Thanks,my general thought when I go back and look at the beginning is "WTF is wrong with me?? Who would fix a pile of sh@t like that??" haha

Planning to get the first coat of red on tomorrow!

Hoping to visit my upholsterer on wensday, kinda forgot what he wanted me to change about my seat frames
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2015 at 11:40pm
Got the first coat of red on today, looks awesome. It will probably get 3 coats total

Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2015 at 10:17am
That red looks really nice. It's not too bright and not too dull/dark. Keep the good work up!
1972 Mustang
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2015 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Chevy350 Chevy350 wrote:

That red looks really nice. It's not too bright and not too dull/dark. Keep the good work up!

I love it, it has a slight orange tint in the sunlight that always looks killer, thanks!

Second coat, looks a lot less blotchy now

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2015 at 4:25pm
Got the last coat of paint on the cover, looks pretty good. Not sure if I'll add white on the bottom.

Also fired up on the hose. Looks like my trans rebuild worked! No more dirty neutral! Still need to clean it up, pretty dirty in the video.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2015 at 4:38pm
Looks and sounds awesome! Get that boat in the water ASAP!     
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2015 at 11:33am
I'm trying too, I want to finish the upholstery first and some other odds and ends. I'm also waiting on the axle for my Jeep to get back from the transmission shop, theyre seeing the gears for me. Kinda tough to tow the boat up without a vehicle
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2015 at 12:59am

Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2015 at 1:03am
it seems of the transmission rebuild worked, no more dirty neutral! still haven't finished the upholstery that's next up on deck.
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2015 at 1:23am
I don't know if it has been said, but what's the top speed on her?
1972 Mustang
Hussler View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hussler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2015 at 12:43pm
More in detail pictures later, cut the foam and made the seat covers

Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2015 at 4:18pm
Oh my, she is stunning! I like how you made the full front facing bench seat cockpit. Sears came out nice from what I can see.
1972 Mustang
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2015 at 10:44pm
this has been on of my favorite threads from the beginning
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2324252627 32>
  Share Topic