NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Midwest Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Midwest Reunion
    Posted: February-24-2012 at 1:56am
Steve, its the Power Boat Club on the Des Moines River. Some great water down there in the second half of the summer once mother nature calms down and river levels become more predictable.

I'm in for road trips as well. Name the time and place and we'll be there!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 12:58am
Chris, the picture above (a Supra I believe), where is that? Is that on the Cedar River or over near Des Moines? Anyway, I would be up for a road trip, always good to get home to IA!!!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 9:29pm
Late August is good for us and we'd be up for a few hour ride west so you can probably count us in if something materializes.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by nautique78 nautique78 wrote:

3rd Weekend in August would work for me Show Ski Nationals is always the second weekend after that tournament my summer calendar is wide open!

Bringing this thread back to life. 3rd week in August is good for us as well, will have just gotten back from 'Across the pond' and ready for some water, burgers and anything else American!

Marty, I just shot Mike Valant an email. We've always talked about an early spring get together of sorts. With the mild winter maybe we can all meet on the east side of the state for a nice long boat run to shake out toe cob webs. I'm sure we could attract a few others to join.
nautique78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 10:02pm
Sounds like a good time where is Clinton Lake at in Illinois?
nautique78

56Hot Rod Special
70Mustang
70Skier
76Tique
78Nautique
79Nautique
92Nautique
98Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 6:29pm
3rd Weekend in August would work for me Show Ski Nationals is always the second weekend after that tournament my summer calendar is wide open!
nautique78

56Hot Rod Special
70Mustang
70Skier
76Tique
78Nautique
79Nautique
92Nautique
98Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Chris. How about your neck of the woods? I would also be interested if something gets worked out.

Bill, my place is on your way to the Res, Clinton and Green Lake. Of course, you're always welcome as we've got plenty of spare rooms and the boats will always be on the lift.

I'll also offer up the Power Boat Club if anyone is interested this summer. We're new members this year so our initiation requires us to host a few BBQ's at the Club. You guys are always welcome to come down, bring your boats if you please and enjoy some smooth water, a bunch of classic inboards and free food/beverages.

I'm in for another Iowa Mini/Green Lake or Midwest River run. Looking forward to catching up and meeting new folks.
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 5:24pm
Marty - A mini-reunion should be pretty easy. Not sure the Marina and campground need to do anything too special, attendees can make their own reservations for campsites. If there is a common area that can be used to display boats on Friday or Saturday evening, that would be great. Should also check the Bobber's schedule to see if a good band is playing.

I was originally thinking mid July assuming there was no GL reunion this year, but to avoid a conflict with those wanting to go to the unofficial GL reunion, we should consider a different time.

Any thoughts on the 3rd weekend in August (Aug 17-19)?

-Phil

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 3:49pm
Thanks on the info about the mini reunion at Green Lake. I am new to Correct Craft Fan why is there not an official midwest reunion this year?
nautique78

56Hot Rod Special
70Mustang
70Skier
76Tique
78Nautique
79Nautique
92Nautique
98Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 3:42pm
Dates for Green lake are set. Check out the new thread...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 3:15pm
Or we could do it on the Mississippi, that would be a "new" experience for many... Nothing like camping on the sand bar.

I like the idea on the res.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 3:11pm
Phil- What weeks are you thinking about? What would all be required out of the Marina and Campground at Scales Pointe to make the Midwest Reunion work on the RES?
nautique78

56Hot Rod Special
70Mustang
70Skier
76Tique
78Nautique
79Nautique
92Nautique
98Nautique
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 2:52pm
Marty - I just noticed you started this thread. I sent Brian an email about dates a few weeks ago. We should try to meet up soon to make some plans.

-Phil
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 2:42pm
Coralville would be ideal. A few of us in the area have been kicking around the idea of having a mini in mid July located at the Scales Point Marina and campground. Will post more soon.

-Phil
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 10:47am
Coralville Reservoir?     Right off of I80 . . .
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 12:56am
Chris. How about your neck of the woods? I would also be interested if something gets worked out.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2012 at 12:40am
I'd love to get together with the midwest group again as well.

Marty, we'll be headed to the warm waters of Lake Clinton in the spring again. Last fall we spent an afternoon on the lake with Alan, Reid, Todd and their families and it was a blast. Hot side was closed but the water was still nice. Sounds like the water will be in the upper 70's by May.

Do I need to say more or are you in?!

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2012 at 12:50am
I like seeing that thread title, I hope something works out and also that I can attend.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2012 at 12:23am
Marty,
It was decided upon at the end of the Reunion season last summer that the annual Green Lake Reunion will take an "official" break for 2012.

Please check periodically as there will most likely be an "unofficial" gathering due to continued interest to get together at GL. It will still take place, most likely, in mid July.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2012 at 12:18am
There is no "Official" Midwest reunion this year. Stay tuned to the reunion page though as there are a few mini gatherings in the works. Details will come out as soon as dates/places are set.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2012 at 11:50pm
Is there a date set for the 2012 Midwest Reunion?
nautique78

56Hot Rod Special
70Mustang
70Skier
76Tique
78Nautique
79Nautique
92Nautique
98Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic