NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1970 Separator

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 9:16am
Hello doc! here we go, 5 separators 1 70 3 72,s 1 75i/o 71 mustang , 67 mustang, 77 martinique parts boat, 74 southwind H/M powered jet drive and my boys freeport v drive. plus 7 other yard ornaments, one pile that is leaving today! was a doner for the sep project
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 10:54am
Sign for the new barn, CCC, Coldwater Correct Craft, or Connorsons Correct Craft.
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2012 at 12:08pm
Good Luck with the Baby Blue "Beauty" Jeff.When she arrives home shoot me an eMail-I can help you out with any V drive issues-also want to talk to you about your V drive 72 separator. Jim
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
Bladezilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bladezilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 1:57pm
We had one of these speedy odd balls on a small lake in northern Indiana in the mid 1970's. Top end, tuned, 1/2 quart low on oil, stripped with just a driver on a slick lake was 62 mph. The 70s was the era of the almighty JET boat. The Jolly Rogers, Check Mates and such with their 455 ci engines and shallow draft were the king of most lakes, but not our lake. They quickly learned that from a roll they had no chance so they started wanting a standing start.An old friend and devoted jet boat fan just knew he could beat that odd looking bubble windshielded deep draft with a 351 C. After several failed attempts he was going for broke. He pulled his boat out of the water, cleaned and waxed the hull, tuned up that gigantic 455, installed a brand new impeller, filled it with primo gas, cleaned out anything that wasn't necessary and sent his brother over to get me, literally, the minute he got it back in the water. It was a crappy chilly, overcast, drizzly day and I wanted to wait but he'd have no part of that. Plus, the lake was deserted. I fired up and went over.The sound it made was amazing and when I reved her people on the other end of the lake knew what boat it was.I pulled up for the contest and Mike was chomping at the bit. The confident smile on his face was blinding. He KNEW today was his day. He wanted a standing start, naturally, since his boat drafted a third what the Correct Craft did. And so it went. He got everything he wanted the way he wanted at top form. We were racing pretty much the length of the lake, around the ski jump on the far end and back. Out of the hole he took me by a good 8 boats. He looked back at me with jubilation and laughed his fist pumping butt off,.......but, up on plane, I was gaining. The worried look on his face when he saw I was reeling him in was frantic and priceless. Like he was looking for the nitrous switch he didn't have. About half way to the ski jump I overtook him and gave his a massive shot of tail spray. Ended up beating him by a quarter LAKE length. It was a fun boat that didn't really look fast. Somebody told me if I put on a "2 blade chrome speed prop" it would improve performance but that made no sense and I trusted Correct Craft to do the right thing. It had worked so far. The boat eventually ended up in the Florida keys at a ski school. Every blue one I see, which isn't many, I wonder if that's her. Post more pictures guys!!
www.nicnac.net
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 7:26pm
Where the heck has Jeff been???
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 9:51pm
Awesome story and a good question! I miss seeing the bubble windshields.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic