NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

60's Correct Craft script emblems

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2011 at 7:54pm
Peter, I emailed you a picture of a bow stop today.

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2011 at 7:49pm
I would think anyone looking for the right details on their boat would pay whatever you needed If it were for my boat , I would pay 200 250 without crying.   by the way tim when i make bruce a new bow stop for his barracuda trailer he thought you might need one also? .. I might make a half dozen at a time. it would be for cost of materials $25 $30 each at most i assume
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2011 at 7:39pm
Tim, Those look great. They rarely come up, but when they do a pair of nice ones go for $200-$250 on ebay and have a lot of bidders.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2011 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

what do you want to charge? I was just giving a market benchmark. It was all I could find. I noticed they were not chrome so I am sure yours is nicer. So you could charge at least 100.

I would prefer not to charge less than they cost me to make! But that will depend on what the market will bear, hence the question.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2011 at 7:27pm
what do you want to charge? I was just giving a market benchmark. It was all I could find. I noticed they were not chrome so I am sure yours is nicer. So you could charge at least 100.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2011 at 7:14pm
Those are the wrong emblems- they are much smaller (10" vs. 15") and meant for a 50's boat. Still, you'd need to have them chromed, which ended up being more than half the cost.

50's vs. 60's emblems:

The 60's emblems that I had made are not currently available from any other source, as far as I know.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2011 at 7:00pm
here is on in brass on ebay for 95.

emblem
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2011 at 6:56pm
Over the last year, Ive been working to get the 60's metal Correct Craft emblems reproduced. Long story short, we finally got a few sets made- and they look pretty good. Theyre chrome plated brass- so much higher quality than the original (pot metal) emblems. The downside is that the final costs ended up being a bit higher than planned. I need to make a decision on whether or not to produce more, or if these 2 pairs were essentially a failed experiment. Any and all input on what price the market would bear on these would be appreciated! Feel free to post comments publicly, or email if you'd rather keep them private: TRBenj@gmail.com

Thanks!

New emblems on top, original on the bottom:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic