Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need old bench seats

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
64interceptor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64interceptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need old bench seats
    Posted: October-26-2011 at 10:21pm
Ive got a 64 classic with no seats. The boat will not be restored to original as I am going to modernize it. But, if i can get some original bench seats I might reconsider. call me at 417-338-3333 thanks mark aka 64 interceptor
chester
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 12:26am
Mark,

Welcome to the "club"!

I have a 62 Classic. Both front and rear seats are made of wood and upholstered.

What engine do you have? What are your plans to modernize it?

Got pics?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64interceptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 10:36am
.first thanks for the quick reply. I was assuming the seats were fiberglass bench style like the ones in my 63 american skier. Now I will reconsider since the po had recut seating plywood templates.

The engine is a 292 Interceptor and I can't wait to get her fired up!

I hsve doen a full restoration before and decided to leave this boat in its current shape (cracked gelcoat all over) and put a ski tow tower on it since I am an avid water skiier. I also am going to strip the bow deck of all original horn, bow light and windshield and put down a nice pattern cut pieces of 1/2 inch teak between the raised ridges. i did this to my 63 a.s. and it looked awesome! The windshield goes because there is nothing like being totally exposed to the elements as you cruise at 45 mph on the water in a c.c boat. it also gives me free access to jump on the bow to dock, etc.

Im not going to butcher it up thats for sure. thanks for the info ttyl mark
chester
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 10:48am
Post some pics when you get her done!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2011 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Post some pics when you get her done!

Dont wait that long.. we want to see pics now! .... Your A.S. too!

You wanna sell any of the take-off stuff?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64interceptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 10:19am
unfortunately I am in the middle of remodling my house(for sale) and moving so everythings all packed up for transport except for my tools and laptop. I will be relocating to Destin Florida before the year is out. I promise to post pics when "go go girl" is done!
chester
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 4:56pm
Chester,
Yes, welcome to CCfan and yes, get us pictures as soon as you can.

What kind of tower are you going to put on the Classic. You say you ski but the tower tells me there's some boarding involved too???

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by 64interceptor 64interceptor wrote:

I hsve decided to put a ski tow tower on it since I am an avid water skiier. I also am going to strip the bow deck of all original horn, bow light and windshield and put down a nice pattern cut pieces of 1/2 inch teak between the raised ridges. i did this to my 63 a.s. and it looked awesome! The windshield goes because there is nothing like being totally exposed to the elements as you cruise at 45 mph on the water in a c.c boat. it also gives me free access to jump on the bow to dock, etc.

Presumably youre sharing this with us because youre interested in hearing what we think... it sure seems like everyone is being uncharacteristically polite!

Im not going to butcher it up thats for sure.

Uh, um.... did I read what you posted above incorrectly?

The boat will not be restored to original. But, if i can get some original bench seats I might reconsider.

I sure hope you do! Not a lot of Classics around, it would be a shame to lose another one.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Presumably youre sharing this with us because youre interested in hearing what we think... it sure seems like everyone is being uncharacteristically polite!

Yes, it does seem that way!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2011 at 5:56pm
Nice one CQ!!!
wowgoldtopic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wowgoldtopic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 7:54am
Hello,everyone.I'm new here.If you like to make friends,just contact me.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic