NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marauder 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 10>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 7:44pm
Call
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 8:01pm
I would call the boat yards surrounding larger lakes . N.E winnip...( i can never do that one..) vermont lake champlain . coastal maine has an old plywood boat in every boat yard. if you find any 409s let me know
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 8:16pm
new hampshire craigs list. 1983 century ski boat with 440 inboard , dont know rotation but its 650 for the whole boat and trailer
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 10:09pm
Thanks for all the help. I will try those options. Took a few more pics of the turbos and such. Looks like they would be big project for a "toodle around a small lake boat". Not sure of that route but I thought some might like to see them.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 10:18pm
they make them (the engines) spin both ways. what makes them spin left or right? can a left be made to spin right? or are those really dumb questions..... and should i get ready to take a real beatin' for even suggesting the thought?
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Looks like they would be big project for a "toodle around a small lake boat". Not sure of that route

You're breaking my heart.    
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 10:28pm
I don't think you want to change drive rotation if that's what you're asking.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 10:47pm
i wondered about that confusion when i asked. i will edit. what is different with the motor?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 10:50pm
heartbreaker.... lovetaker....i just said "not sure"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 10:14am
probably the only way you could use a lefty would be to put a 1.23 pcm in there which would allow you to keep the right handed prop, although your flange coupling is a 4" and you may be on the edge of capacity with the PCM trans, although those too are used behind the 502 pythons. you would need to change the 5" flange on the prop shaft to a 4". very feasible and not detramental to the originality.
did you measure the prop shaft? is it a 1 1/8?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 10:19am
seeing the set-up in more detail, it would be ashame if those ornaments didnt go back in the boat....i bet she would be a whistler, no better sound than some turbos' spooling up. you dont have to go all out and try to make a speed demon out of it, by propping the boat correctly you can stay in the guidelines of a normal weekend ski-boat to serve your purposes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 2:46pm
eric---i love your way with words---
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 11:52pm
I believe the Cam is special on a RH Motor. The Distributor has a different Gear for the RH Motor. Also, the firing order is very different. The Cams are hard to find, but may can be special built.

I hope this helps from a Shade Tree Mechanic.

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 11:09am
if you got the moola, anything is feasible
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 11:13am
the good ole boys here on the site would put 2 chrome stacks out the side of the engine box to suck some air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 11:16am
another good sourec for a 440, would be decrepit motorhomes, alot of companies used them
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 1:47pm
I have a 440 sourced but it is not Maranized and it spins regular automotive rotation.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 2:08pm
That auto 440 is worth it's weight in scrap iron to you and not that much more you need the marine bits which are much easier to get all at once than one at a time and since they will come on an engine it is worth waiting to see the condition of that engine before investing in relatively simple to find auto 440's . Long run it will be a lit quicker and cheaper to search out a complete marine rh 440
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 6:09pm
try the dual engine plywood boats you can at least get the right rotation and some spare parts to boot
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 7:14pm
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 8:39pm
thats a half hr from me if i can help you
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 10:29pm
peter

if you would be so grateful and want to check it out that would be great. let me know what you want me to do and lets go from there. rotation might still be an issue. price is reasonable enough. thanks and just tell me what to do from here.

bill

larry

thanks for the help and link.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 10:41pm
Well that was quick!
I was thinking about making the 3rd phone call.
Or almost getting ready to suggest buying a new engine for the '96 and installing the GT-40 in the Marauder.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 11:00pm
even with freight charges it would prob be worth it .   refresh me you need a left rotation?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 11:04pm
sorry i just reread post prop says RH.. didnt Bruce Hart   (Riley )have a link to a righty?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 11:14pm
Yes he did. Did not see it till late Friday. I will call him tomorro. That one I assume is out east as well.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 11:32pm
i am on the phone with the woburn guy   he is going to call you if it was you that called from a 402 area code then he has your #
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 1:37am
peter

i spoke with jason about the 440. would you possibly be able to look at it? he said it does not have a conventional water pump but has two sherwoods????   do you or anyone know if that is acceptable for my application? freight is another issue i will have to check into. he also might know of a 72c trans to bolt on the back...he was going to call a buddy of his. thanks for the help.

bill
Fibersport View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fibersport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 1:38am
Differences for a RH engine:
cam
MAYBE distributor, I think Chryslers might have RH and LH distributors
maybe circulation pump, some are bi-directional
raw water pump might have to swap inlet and outlet hoses
timing marks are on the other side of 0 degrees
pistons might have to be turned around to prevent piston slap
starter
maybe alternator fan but alternator should be OK
front engine seal - very important
timing gears instead of timing chain
firing order as stated above
These are chevy changes, chrysler and fords might be different
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 10:09am
if your trying to source a 72c, go with a model number 10-18-002
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 10>
  Share Topic