NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'98 Sport

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2010 at 1:07pm
Thanks for the info NF. I do look on onlyinboards a bit, they have the one I've been looking at plus a few air's on there now.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2010 at 8:20pm
Love my 98 Sport. H/W you are correct, it does have the TSC decal on windshield. Also you did foot behind a 98..., remember Lake Shangri-la

Mine does have the GT-40, if you can find one with that it sure is nice, we paid $17k with a tick over 500 hours in June of 09. The pics of the stern area on the Gen 1 Sport and Gen 2 Sport, IMHO, really show a dramatic difference.

Slalom wake is more like Weitekamps Ski Nautique (96 maybe), M3Fans 99 Ski is just a little bit flatter/smaller. All and all I think it skis great. With 2 200 lb guys in the stern seat it throws a pretty big wakeboard wake.

Just another data point.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2014 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Hollywood looks like Jody has confirmed that it is narrower.

I know this is a 4 year old thread but this still bothers me. Jody (and so did myself and The Dude) confirmed the new hull is narrower at the transom.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 1:37am
No question about it Kevin. When you posted the pictures it was very clear that the '98 is narrower in the chine cut-out than the '97. What made you dig this up now?

I've still never driven or skied behind a '93-'97 Sport, would like to do so to compare.

I'm happy to report that with the help of this thread I did end up with a '98 and love the boat! Definitely glad I ended up with a GT-40.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 1:51am
Oh and I like the smaller platform. Makes it really easy to stand on the ski. Plenty big enough to get up on.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by lewy2001 lewy2001 wrote:

Hollywood looks like Jody has confirmed that it is narrower.

I know this is a 4 year old thread but this still bothers me. Jody (and so did myself and The Dude) confirmed the new hull is narrower at the transom.

I thought that everyone agreed the 98 was narrower in the chine cutout area

The 98 hull is 145cm (57") across that chine cutout dimension for the record.

If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 10:55am
What is the measurement for the PRO Air?
1997 Sport Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 11:29am
Need someone with a '93-'97 to measure and post, just so we have it on record. Keith ???

One thing that surprises me - not knowing diddly about hull design, but if you narrow the running surface at the stern I'd expect the stern to "drop" in just a bit more, which would increase wake size. Yet it's the opposite, by all accounts I've read the '98 up has a better slalom wake. I guess the inboard prop angle is lifting the stern all the time to counteract that.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 1:39pm
Alright Mark, it just seemed like you were saying the opposite.

A shallower prop shaft angle would actually provide less stern lift...
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2014 at 2:02pm
I was thinking the same thing. I would guess that so many factors work together, shaft angle, engine placement, how much hook, that it's easy for us to look at one factor but not know all the details that went into a design change.

One thing I want to do after re-reading this thread. Go for a ski with my usual trunk full of junk and other stuff in the boat. Then strip it down, low fuel, empty trunk, remove back seat, and see what the wake difference feels like.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic