Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dash Decals

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dash Decals
    Posted: March-05-2004 at 6:45pm
I have a 1979 Ski Nautique that I have been restoring. Does anyone have any information on replacement decals for the dash? Specifically the ones that are red with chrome letters. I believe they were used for several years from the mid seventies through the early to mid eighties. I have tried Mid West Correct Craft with no success.
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2004 at 7:17pm
While I do not need these just yet, I know the day is coming. If Dennis @ Midwest didn't have them, we are probably out of luck for original stock.

One of the folks here may have had some custom made. I know a few guys were trying to get the stern quarter decals made up until we found that Midwest stocked them.

I'll do some checking around to see what it would cost to get them made up. Why don't you do the same and we can compare $ and quality. The foil backing may be a problem for most of the 'corner' shops. If yours are totally gone, I can get some pictures of the ones in the '78 and email them to you.

The '78 has three; 1 for the blower to the right of the steering wheel; 1 to the left of the steering wheel that tells you not to drive like an idiot and a third by the shifter that I do not recall what it says. man, there's that old age again!
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2004 at 7:23pm
My boat appears to have had 3 originally. One of them was removed when a depth finder was installed in the dash. The ones I have are about the blower and driving like an idiot. They are just barely legible. Almost all of the red had faded from the decal. I could live with vinyl as long as the dimensions, font, and color are very close.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2004 at 1:29am
The one by the shifter is about the weight/load rating of the boat. Mine's pretty worn and The previous owner got over spray on it. I plan on uncovering mine this week-end I'll check it out and see what I can add. At first I thought you where talking about the center ski nautique chrome emblem. When I bought the boat, mine was black and luckly with a little elbow grease it is now nice and shinny.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2004 at 2:33pm
I looked a little closer at the dash stickers this weekend and the ones that are faded out on my boat are "This is a Tournament Equipped.......", and the other one is about the Prop on the boat. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get these reproduced? I don't have any place to begin in the town I live in. If you could take pictures of the stickers and e-mail me that would probably help. I would like to see what all of them look like and then maybe I could get them reproduced. Thanks Kevin
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2004 at 6:33pm
i want some. i have two small unreadable labels on the nautique aproximatley 1" x 2.25" on the right of the helm. there was also a larger label to the left of all the instuments and behind the observers seat. any clues on the larger sticker?

79, does the bia(?) certification label have your serial # or is it on the hull for your year?

the torino has an unknown sticker on the transom below the lifting eye. it could be a slip number or a puff the majic dragon sticker for all i know. i'm afraid to pull it off, the whole boat might fall apart.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2004 at 6:47pm
I spaced it last time I was under the boat cover. The weather hasn't been very nice around here snowed again yesterday thankfully it melted after a couple of hours. I believe it only states the two weights based upon the Correct Craft Manual "your and your boat" (1978) in the reference (the first your must be a typo but that's the way it is). I do know that for the '79 the weights are about 100lbs more
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2004 at 10:15pm
Ours are still in pretty good shape except for the corners being a bit dog-eared. I tried to get some pictures while the boat was indoors but the flash washes everything out. Supposed to be somewhat decent here Saturday so I'll drag the boat out & try again.

Don
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2004 at 5:37pm
Sorry for the delay, life got in the way.

The flash washes out the true color. The red is was probably a stop sign red when new.

The Coast Guard plaque is from a '78 SN and will most likely need to be modified for different years and models. I've got a few other attempts if you need more???

Don
EDIT
Appears that I will have to email these to you off forum as I am having trouble posting the pictures from my computer.EDIT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2005 at 2:49pm
I'm still wanting to replace the stickers on the dash of my '79 Nautique. Does anyone know if these are being reproduced yet? Has anyone had this done? I know I'm not the only owner that is particlular about this type of thing. Surely someone can help. Thanks, Kevin
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2005 at 4:46pm
I would love a set for my 78 Ski Nautique .
a professional sign shop should be able to screen print the red over a silver foil decal , get sizes and what they say .
I will buy some !!
Mike
garzonstudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garzonstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2005 at 12:19pm
I do any kind of decals , from catalogue or your actual faded old decals, I will make anything possible to get them done!!..

I love boats , and I think they loves me too.

E.D. Garzon

www.garzonstudio.com
dg@garzonstudio.com
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2005 at 7:58pm
I just received decals from garzon. I ordered the AWSA decals he had on ebay. Great quality, perfect reproduction, good price and quick shipping.

I won't hesitate to order from him again.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic