Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steve Rypel Passes

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 6:56pm
My sincerest sympathies to the Rypel family. I'm sure this is a very difficult time for each of you.   

I never met Steve, however it's clear he was a solid guy and very well respected throughout this group. That says a heck of a lot.

Doug
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 7:17pm
Just received word from the family the Preliminary Autopsy states massive Heart Attack.

Additionally, the services may be on Wednesday, will post info as it becomes available.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 7:34pm
So Sad. Thanks for the update on services. Let us know where we can send flowers.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 8:44pm
My sympathy to his family and all others involved. A sudden death is so hard to take. Besides doing what he loved, he was also with friends.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 9:08pm
Our thoughts and prayers will be with the Rypel family.

sandstpf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandstpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 9:15pm
Absolutely tragic! Best wishes to the Rypel family. Steve was one of the finest people we've ever known. The GL reunion won't be the same again. RIP Ripster!

Paul and Jenny Sandstrom   
Finally a 2001!!!
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 9:52pm
Such sad news we met at GL a true nice guy, our thoughts are with the Rypel Family and friends, taken far to young.

Roger.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 9:53pm
This sucks. Steve was a great guy and I'm truly shocked and saddened. I saw him at the 2010 Malibu Open and it was SO cool to see him there. He will be missed.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2010 at 11:27pm
Ski on Ripster. And I assure you we will raise a toast in your honor every time we gather as the group you loved and who loved you.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 12:23am
The first picture posted of Steve is how we will always remember him. What a fun guy.

Tragedy indeed for the family and all who called Steve 'friend'. But as quinner said, when you are called home..ya gotta go. Reminder to all of us to be ready and leave nothing unsaid to family and friends.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 12:54am
Services will be Sunday 3pm-6pm
Krause Funeral Homes
12401 W. National Ave.
Milwaukee, WI
262-786-8009
Krause Funeral Homes
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 12:58am
First and foremost, sincere condolences to the Rypel family. The suddenness of it all must very difficult to process. I hope the family circles back to this thread to hear of all the good wishes and fond memories from his second family.

Secondly, my best wishes for the many CCFers who were skiing with him that day. It had to be a horrible experience. The urgency of the situation, the helplessness, the fear... I hope you all are doing OK.

In a small way, I understand how the family must feel. After learning of the serious news of the day, I've felt off very off all day. Disproportionally so.

I knew Steve from the reunions plus additional crossing of paths on Green Lake. We always shared a few beers worth of conversation. Honestly, the ties didn't extend much beyond that...not that I would have minded, he was a really good guy.

My predominant impression of him was how pleasant and good natured he always seemed to be. Perhaps due to our encounters being on the water, surrounded by fiberglass and vinyl, in our element, our happy place. But even then, we all have our moments where we'd like a do-over, a mulligan. I never saw that in Ripster. Something to strive for, I suppose.

So why am I so rattled? I've been trying to make a little sense of it all. Just a bit is all I ask. Of course, there is no sense to be had. Young, in good shape, well liked and certainly loved by his close friends and family. What the hell?

The best I can reconcile is this wasn't a tragic loss, rather an early admission. A premature privilege granted, beyond our comprehension. Entrance into a place where the water is always glass, the boat runs great and good friends are always around to drive and spot. That is the way he went and that is what I like to believe he'll have for eternity. We should all be so lucky, just not so soon.

Rest in peace Steve...so you can get up early for first pull.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:12am
So well put Steve..thanks.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:13am
Steve (Raindog) you have worded it far better than I could have. I met him briefly at GL09 and this has hit me for six. Feels like a loss in my own family. It once again shows the special bond CCfan's form.
Condolences to the family and fellow CCfan's who were close to him.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:14am
What sadness; I remember some great conversation with Steve around the campfire at GL year before last. All of you have so adequately expressed, and so beautifully composed the hope we share for Steve.
I'm thankful this community of friends is here to remember, love, and care. May his family and friends find consolation . . . in time.

"Blessed are they who mourn . . . "

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:27am
Was this on Deep Lake?
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:29am
My thoughts are with the family, such a tragic loss. I didn't know Steve but reading the comments here gives me a window into what a quality person he was.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:31am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Was this on Deep Lake?

Yes
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:34am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Was this on Deep Lake?

Yes

I'm so sorry.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:35am
Steve, I will say Karen and I have the same feelings of loss .Thank you for posting what Karen and his fellow CCFans are feeling. He will be sadly missed but not forgtten.. Billy/Karen
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 2:10am
Our condolences to Steve's family and friends too.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 2:35am
Steve 8/6/10 at the Malibu Open in Milwaukee, sitting with us and chatting with Beth in this pic

Somebody just about to step off the platform (I think It's Ryan), GL 2008

Pulling in to tie up, GL 08

Can't see him in this picture, but he's there.

2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 2:52am
Doesn't make sense, like Raindog said, you can only hope he is in a better place. Our thoughts are with the Rypel family.

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 3:59am
I'm absolutely floored. Our deepest sympathy and prayers go out to the entire Rypel family. Steve was truly a class act that will be missed by all who knew him.

The Leinen family
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 4:04am
Good times at Green Lake, 2010.

Harrry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harrry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 10:45am
Sorry for your loss John. My prayers go out to you and your family. Steve really was one of the best.

Ryan
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 11:08am
John - You & your family are in our prayers too.

Chris
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Rypels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rypels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 11:40am
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting all your thoughts and prayers for Steve's family. You have no idea how much he will leave a void in our lives. He lived every moment to the fullest and passed away doing something that gave him the greatest pleasure. His funeral services will be held on Sunday from 3 to 6 at the Krause Funeral Home on 124th and National. We would welcome any of you who wish to say goodbye to Steve. Thank you once again.

Steve's Family

The Rypel Family
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 11:59am
So very sad to hear this!!
I had the pleasure of barefooting right next to this great guy on the boom at GL 2010. We had lots of fun and I immediatly considered him as one of my good friends.
He was indeed one of the last men standing with me at the Goose Blind.
A truly great fun guy to hang around with.
Sincere condolences from the Erens family.

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2010 at 1:35pm
After reading this thread, and reading most of you guys comments, I am sorry to hear this tragic news. Losing a family member, great friend is a hard one to swallow. What kills me is I hate to see young people go as he did. Very young man, and just to darn young to go. My thoughts and prayers to the family and all hurting at this time.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic