NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman Get Together 9/25

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Norman Get Together 9/25
    Posted: September-13-2010 at 2:41pm
What started last month with Tim Benj and NY Joe wanting to come down and hang for a weekend and possibly do some fun testing, is apparently turning into a nice turnout. It'll be the weekend of 9/25 with some of the guys coming in on Friday. I apologize for not posting this several weeks ago, but everyone is of course invited. Thus far we've also got the Midwest represented with Johnny, Hollywood and Kurt (and hopefully Quinner as well) flying down, Mojo, Steve and Alan cruising down in Alan's Bounder RV and towing a boat, and Gary Blackburn is cruising down from Cincy. Hot "Lanta" is sending us Eric "Clarkebar" and his awesome Classic along with Tim Moorfoot and his SN, and Marty will hopefully have the Purple People Puller over from a few hours east of us. I believe i've heard of a few others making the trip as well and if anyone else is interested, please plan to stop on by. Just like last time, we might just have some fun. While all the beds have already been claimed, we have ample waterfront space for tents or another RV or two. There are also plenty of hotels nearby but that's not nearly as fun. In addition to a number of members' boats, we also hope to have a beautiful new 2010 409-Powered 230 from Race City Marine to demo for the day (unless it sells first). The address is 140 Stepaside Lane, Mooresville, NC 28117.   Just call me (704-451-5080) if you have any questions.       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 3:02pm
Friday- What time can we be there.?

Eric and Tim might stay with me Thursday nite and we caravan back that way early Friday morn.
Might have 2 others to join up, Keegan with the 73 Skier and Kent with the 78 Mustang.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 3:18pm
Heck Marty, you can show up whatever time you like. You've been there and know your way around so show up and make yourself at home even if I'm not there. And since you're somewhat local, that makes you part of the management team. I'm planning to take Friday off and will be between the house, the shop, and the brewery........
ReidP
1973 Mustang

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 3:25pm
Does that brewery sell Dr.Pepper
66 Skylark
93 SN
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 3:43pm
I talked to the Clarkebar this morning about the Red/white caravan from hotlanta cruising in Thursday after work or early Fri morn. Depends on how things go. Marty we may just stop @ Reid's, crash there and await your arrival. I've got two tents that I can bring up for those flying in or someone who needs a roof since Pinkham hotel is full. Reid told me there's plenty of water in the lake for a bath so be sure to bring my soap-ona-rope.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 3:49pm
I will be at the beach.

I would love to see everyone again.

Sad,

Donald
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 4:02pm
Oh MAN! I wanna come down .......... the Tique's trailer is in a million pieces getting re-carpeted, painted, wired and hubs done. If I can get my act (and trailer) together.......... I'm so there!

Steve
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

If I can get my act (and trailer) together.......... I'm so there!

Better tell Val to step it up @ the office a notch. Fix a llama or two or get her out working on the trailer with ya!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 6:10pm
Reid et al,
I'm planning on making this trip from Lexington, SC. Leaving my family at home, but may bring a redneck with me if ya'll promise to make fun of him. He's not really a boat guy, but like Donald, he's very skilled at keeping beer cold and testing every other one or so for quality control. I'll be bringing my 88 and a tent.

Thanks for putting this together. Really appreciate the invite and looking forward to getting together with the CCFan folks again.
Steve

Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 6:23pm
Steve,
          Don't forget to put the oil back in your boat
66 Skylark
93 SN
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Steve,
          Don't forget to put the oil back in your boat

Will do Marty. What would I do w/o some CCFriends watching my back. No Fram this time either.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Better tell Val to step it up @ the office a notch. Fix a llama or two or get her out working on the trailer with ya!

Tim -

Val is the only one really workin' hard around here!! You know how many Guinea Pig exams it takes to keep a fella in Correct Crafts? Plenty!

Hope to make it..............
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2010 at 11:29pm
I know Jbear has read this thread. John, you traveling or from Tenn. that weekend? Wouldn't be the same without you and the lovely wife.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 11:40am
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

I know Jbear has read this thread.

Trust me Tom he read it. I got a call from the Bear after he read that there was no Hoochie Run this year. Asked about this one and got all excited. He's up to something.       You and Cat gonna make a trip over?

I did think about this small gathering of CCFans and thought we should come up with a name. How about.......

Reid's Regatta!
or
Race City Marine Roundup!

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 11:48am
          Marty's Bail Bonds

The way some of the talks are going, a few of ya might need bailing out of the slammer

Rowdy Reid's Romp
66 Skylark
93 SN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 1:10pm
This is shaping up like Woodstock. You better get security at the gate. Wish we could make it.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 2:08pm

Marty's Bail Bonds

The way some of the talks are going, a few of ya might need bailing out of the slammer
Rowdy Reid's Romp

Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

This is shaping up like Woodstock. You better get security at the gate. Wish we could make it.

Now come on...what could possibly go wrong?

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 2:44pm
Sounds like it's going to be another great time on Lake Norman. Wish I could make it down.

-Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 6:30pm
I have to coach a soccer game saturday. If it is early enough I will cruise on down with the skier afterward. I really cant miss the first game!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 7:48pm
Hmm, if I can get my boat to run properly I may just cruise by on Saturday....provided y'all don't mind a roll bar boat among all those restos. I need to check out some repair work on my fathers boat house so I was planning on being up there anyway. Won't be able to participate in H20 sports but that looks like a secondary activity anyways!

-Ryan
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2010 at 11:47pm

I know Jbear has read this thread.

Oh yeah...I am all over this. Talked yesterday to Reid and Moorfoot. Still remember this weekend a couple years ago when we had the pleasure of meeting you 2 amigos. What a blast the was. Thanks Larry for posting some of the pics...can't find mine. Anyone who makes this event will not be disappointed.
Kinda short notice but I am trying to work something out. Probably without Patti.
Would be a great weekend for Moorfoot to start living up to his name! Lots of good teachers gonna be there. An Allstar crew!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 12:02am
I hope we see some new pictures!Sure sounds fun.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 12:06am
It is...gar..un..teed.

Get a long weekend. I know you won't be sorry.
Semi thread jack; Gary you planning on doing the River Run again?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 12:12am
Jbear, plan as of now is to meet Skicat in Mooresville. I have even gotten the wifes OK already. She was invited to come along but declined. We are expecting more babies over the next couple of weeks and wants to here for that in case of problems.
Now if I can get Reid to grant me a space to pitch a tent I'm all set. Sleeping in a tent allows for drinking and not having to worry about driving back to motel.
Karen read this over my shoulder and said she would catch up with you sometime so you can teach her to foot.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 12:20am

We are expecting more babies over the next couple of weeks

Wow I am proud of you Tom...water must be pretty good up there in KY. Never figured a guy your age would be starting a family!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 12:23am
LOL...these kind of babies add to our bank account when thay are sold! Karen had me edit my last post with a message to you.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 12:24am

a few of ya might need bailing out of the slammer

Well.......hate to bring this up but..one of our campers at the first Lake Norman shindig DID have a small problem with the law. Statue of limitations must be up 'cause I just heard from his buddy from KY that our scoflaw was planning on coming back.

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 12:28am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Semi thread jack; Gary you planning on doing the River Run again?

Don't know yet,would like to.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 12:54am
I got Karen covered on the barefoot lessons...

Patti footing on the boom...albeit a few years ago. Probably late 80's.

Think the cat will mind my post about last time there? LOL!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2010 at 1:00am
He deseves it for not being here to defend himself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 9>
  Share Topic