Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Steering wheel removal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Rasir2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasir2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering wheel removal
    Posted: August-03-2010 at 3:10pm
My steering wheel on my 1975 correct craft, tique 16, is loose on one of the three arm that attach it to the hub. My problem is that I cannot remove the center cover of the steering wheel without fear of damaging it. I tried twisting it off, it dont move, Prying it off, afraid of bending it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rasir.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 3:21pm
Ray,
There's a small diameter wire ring retainer on the center cap. Look close for where the ends meet at the outside edge of the center cap. You then get under it with a awl and pop it out.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2010 at 3:24pm
If you look closely, there is a spring clip going around the circumfrence of the center cap. Remove this, and you will have access to the screws holding the wheel to the hub. Tighten them up and youre good to go.

Welcome to CCF.
Rasir2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasir2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 11:53am
Hey, Thanks for your advice, I knew there was a trick to removing this wheel. I really appreciate your help. I would hate to have damaged this old steering wheel. Next time I should get out the old magnifying glass to get a new perspective.
Later, Ray.
Rasir2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasir2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2010 at 11:57am
Hey, thanks for your help on this steering wheel. I knew there was a trick to getting at these screws. the photo was a great help too.
I would hate to have damaged this old steering wheel.
Thanks again. Ray.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic