FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2010 Midwest Reunion Recap and Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 Midwest Reunion Recap and Photos
    Posted: July-17-2010 at 2:14am
Great boat show! Weather was perfect (hot, in fact)! Wonderful people and sweat boats.

Kristof and Richard are having a blast!

- Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2010 at 2:18am
Great time tonight seeing everyone again! Weather was great, as Mojo said a 50 degree swing. The tech sessions were great. Looking forward to tomorrow will try to post pictures. Thanks to all who planned tonight it went great.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2010 at 9:34pm
Okay you guys, I KNOW a few of you have iPhones or droids or something...........

Who's got the fastest boat @ GL in 2010?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2010 at 11:55pm
At the banquet now. Awards within the hour!
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2010 at 10:27am
Good morning Green Lake !!!

I'm on my 3rd cup of caffine. How but an up-date !
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2010 at 12:36pm
Sorry guys. Here are the winners:

Best of Class:
Pre 60's - Pete Brainard 1954 Atom Skier
60's-69 - Dave Rezabek 1964 Atom Skier
70-81 - Tom and Sue Smith 1978 Ski Nautique
82-89 - Joe Fennessy 1983 Ski Naurique
90-99 - Kurt Fleischmann 1999 Air Nautique
00-10 - Mike Hunter 2008 Super Air Nautique 210

Most Dedicated - Kristof Erens (Belgium)
Best Engine - Alan Arrighi 1981Ski Nautique
Best of Show- Pete Brainard 1954 Atom Skier
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2010 at 1:14pm
Thanks for the update Keith. We know you're a busy fellow this weekend and appreciate the updates. I'm sure the weekend has flown by.

Congrats to this years winners!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2010 at 1:22pm
2nd Annual Norwegian Bay Blast

4th Place: Jerry Jarvous
2009 Ski Nautique 196 CCF Edition 
53.7 MPH 

3rd Place: Alan Arrighi
1981 Ski Nautique 20th Annv Edition 
54.6 MPH 

2nd Joe Fennesney
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
57.3 MPH

1st: Reid Pinkham
1973 Mustang
58.6 MPH 
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2010 at 1:37pm
I bet on Kurt's 99 AIR it was the 'NEW' personalized plaque that put the boat over the top to WIN!!

And Reid, don't forget to call as to when we can come down! I wanta ride in that Mustang
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2010 at 4:06pm
What another great reunion!!! This time the weather even cooperated!!

My hat's off to Keith again as well as Dave who made it all possible.

I had the opportunity of meeting some new faces in the CCfan family - always a pleasure!

Regarding the speed runs, Joe might have had a better shot at topping out Reid if he didn't need to use the fire extinguisher on his engine this year!!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2010 at 7:57pm
Thanks guys for a great weekend good meet you all
UK now Leaving the USA
Roger
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2010 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by uk1979 uk1979 wrote:

Thanks guys for a great weekend good meet you all
UK now Leaving the USA
Roger

Roger,
Thank you for coming all the way over and joining us. I can't say enough how much of a pleasure it was meeting you and talking with you. It was without a doubt a highlight of the weekend. We'll, I'm sure keep in touch via the site if nothing else. I hope the trip back will be uneventful and you'll be able to get to you daughters graduation in time plus enjoy it.

Thanks again for coming.
Sincerity, Pete

Now, as far as Kristof goes... Yes Kristof, the same is true for you! Now, I know why I can't get a hold of Billy - it just accorded to me, he and Karen are picking you up at the airport. I hope you got some rest on the airplane trip since you certainly pushed the GL weekend to the "limit"!    Tell me something - if you had brought Chantal with you, do you think you would have done anything different in the weekend??

EDIT: Roger,
That UK brew you snuck into the Goose for me last night was truly fantastic. I love heavy dark rice beers. Very few are up to that taste we get here in the states. Thanks!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2010 at 9:56pm
Roger,
Great to meet you! Thanks for all the effort to make it to the WI. Between you and Kristof, The Lake View didn't know what hit them.

Safe travels back home.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2010 at 11:31pm
This line really caught my attention:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Regarding the speed runs, Joe might have had a better shot at topping out Reid if he didn't need to use the fire extinguisher on his engine this year!!   
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 12:48am
I am dying over here for those great pics of those CC'S...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 1:23am
Ok, So our camera broke, so the only shots I have are from my Droid, and I only risked that for a few quick shots when we arrived. Unfortunately, they are selfishly mostly of Dad's 64. I apologize up front for that. These are all from around Noon on Saturday.

Here you can see Dad's 64, Alan's 81 Ski (would that be a "grandson"), Pete's Atom (that would be an "uncle"), and bunch more generations all represented...

I have been waiting to get a shot of mine and Dad's both on the water!

The last one is after taking the 64 out, we only kept it on the water for a little while. Easy clean up thanks to following RJ's recommendation with the Collinite (before the reunion) and Babe's.

Sorry thats all I got... I hope there are a lot more pictures out there!
ski247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 1:58am
Lisa and I had a great weekend. It was great to meet everyone and I look forward to seeing everyone again.
The point of life is not to arrive in the grave in a well preserved body, but to slide in totally worn out shouting "holy sh#@ what a ride"
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 2:03am
Paul,
Great to me you and Lisa. Thanks for ride today and for letting me try your ski!

Great job today Lisa - 1st time slalom skier!

- Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 3:13am
Can't wait to see some more pics! Talked to a few CCFANs tonight on the phone, sounds like they had (and are still having) a great time. I would expect nothing less!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 4:00am
Hey Guys,
Yesterday was absolutely fantastic! We had 3.5 hrs of skiing in before 10:00 am! By the end of the day we had put 8.5 hrs. on the Ski Nautique 200. Everyone's boats looked great, especially out in the sun, in the warm water of the sandbar.

Just got home. Worked on this montage while on the plane. Too beat to do much more right now but will post more pix soon.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Whitfield View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 5:55am
Keith, Thanks for all the hard work you put in to making this site and an event like GL 2010 a success.

With all that is going on in those pics it looks like GL 2010 was the place to be ~ Thanks for sharing.

Michael
Michael ....    

I'm the black sheep ~ 1984 Dixie 299 Super Skier (350 Chev PCM / counter rotation / Velvet drive) Open Bow.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 12:52pm
Looks like a great time....now post up some more pics.

Man that 200 looks sweet with that color scheme. All the other boats look great too.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 1:02pm
We had a great time. Couple highlights:

- Driving and skiing the SN 200, thanks Don. BEAUTIFUL boat in person.
- Driving Alan's INSANELY fast 81, causing involuntary ear-to-ear grins
- Staying at the camp ground, which worked out really well
- Chatting with everybody
- Teaching OverMyHead's son Austin to barefoot
- The kids getting to jump around on the Leinen's inflatable bouncy-house thing, which was amazing.
- The weather

And so much more. Great talking to everybody and seeing all the families again. I didn't take any pics this year so I'm looking forward to seeing what others captured.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 1:46pm
Sorry guys. This is the only one I have here at work. I will put up some more later.

Ski Nautique 200
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 2:55pm
Back to work today. Still a bit tired from all the fun.

Here are a few photos from Friday Night's Boat Show:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 3:28pm
FYI - If anyone is posting pictures, 700 pixels wide is the perfect size.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 3:52pm
A few photos from Saturday morning (6:30 am at the Southern end of Green Lake):

Ken Spurling (Nautique2001)

Joel Hughes (M3Fan)

Paul Liedtke (ski247)

Steve Kutsch's (skutsch) '98 Sport pulling his kids

Ms. Nautiquehunter - just loving the wake of the 200

James Bragg (87BFNowner) - footing behind the 200 while full of people and gear

Kurt Fleischmann (PLBC) and family in their new '99
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 4:26pm
The 64 is now on its way home back to IA. Dad had a million questions. I really appreciate all the interest everyone shows. Hopefully he and Mom will be back next year.

Thanks also to Keith and Moj and everyone else who helps pull this together. It is a ton of fun and a truly unique experience and opportunity to bring such a diverse group of people together. Its done in a professional and extremely safe way. A testament to all that attend!

Love the pics, keep them coming, Erin who is 7 will love the picture above. It was the first time out with the bar on the skis removed. Great picture, didn't even know you snapped it. Thanks!
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 4:42pm
Steve,
Here are a few more photos of Erin that morning:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2010 at 5:34pm
Great pics!!
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 6>
  Share Topic