NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1957 CorrectCraft ( what a gift)

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 11:05am
I can't see the plastic you are reffering to ether. Is it a Bondo fill? Git rot is a temporary fix since the wood next to the git rot will now rot faster since it holds the moisture next to it. As mention you have alot of work to do when you recover-best wishes. I have emailed Keith a picture of my Atom down to the frame and have asked him to swap it out with one in my diary. Hopefully he'll get a chance to do it soon. In the meantime I'm trying to figure out how to attach it to this post! Pete
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2006 at 5:15pm
Hey Pete Where is Northfield Il ? I live in Dixon   North central Il .

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2006 at 6:37am
Pat, Northfield is north of Chicago just west of Winnetka.                  
Pete

54 Atom
77 Tique
ibcn_u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibcn_u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 1:24am
Greetings all:
Looks like it has come to an end. The motor is the only thing worth trying to salvage. If anyone knows of someone needing parts, props, shaft, trany, etc... please tell them to look me up.
Thanks to everyone for your guidance.
Don.
IBCNU
Favorite Movie Quote:
If it Bleeds; I can Kill it!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 4:47am
ibcn, Did you get a chance to look at my diary? I don't understand you stating that the engine is the only thing worth saving. Are you giving up?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ibcn_u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibcn_u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 5:35am
I did, you are a wonderful example for fortitude/perseverance. Like you said, other priorities are ahead of the boat. Seriously the boat fell apart in my hands as I was trying to take it apart. I am not sure what type of bug/critter was eating away at its core but I just got more disheartened every time I worked on it. They were everywhere. Even the main pieces of the hull were rotten and full of those bugs. My job is undergoing ma$$ive changes and I just gave up. With college for the kids, keeping the wife happy and well, everything that goes with that, the time has come to give in. I’m not like this at all but my dollars have ran out.
Your Atom is a beauty, way to go. I was hoping that one day mine would look like that. I can see your craftsmanship is very solid. (unlike mine )
Don
IBCNU
Favorite Movie Quote:
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 5:53am
Don,Yes , it sounds like you have allot of other things to deal with. Good luck and best wishes. The engine/trans you could list in the free cla$$ified section on marineengine.com and I'm sure you will have good luck selling it. The Grays go fast because some of the parts are hard to get. You should see if anyone knows what the bugs were and post it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 8:10am
That Gray 4 cyl is hard to find and worth some money. I was ready to buy the 62 Compact Skier that was for sale in the diaries last winter, but it did not have an engine. After doing some research, I got discouraged because I couldn't find one anywhere.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 6:06pm
Don I am sorry to here of your misfortune . But sometimes things have to come to an end when you have no more avenues to travel down.
That being said , I may be interested in the motor and trans and possibly the windshield for my 59 Atom skier.
Do you have prices on any of this ?
E-mail me at w.pinegar@insightbb.com

Thanks, Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2006 at 11:45am
Don, what trans do you have? can you snap some pics of it? eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2007 at 2:12pm
Get the restoration books by Don Dannenburg and get your subscription to Cla$$ic Boating magazine coming !!
Keep it totaly original if you can it will be a show winner when you decide to join the ACBS.
www.ACBS.org

Look forward to seeing it completed !!
Mike
ibcn_u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibcn_u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2007 at 11:05pm
I have to clean out the shop. Getting rid of the drive train, shaft, props Windshield, 2 cc logos. Many extras.

Don
IBCNU
Favorite Movie Quote:
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2007 at 11:18pm
Hey Don; Was surprised to see you back on here, haven't heard from you here in a long while. Sorry to hear that the boat project couldn't go forward. BTW...how is the back doing?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
ibcn_u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibcn_u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2007 at 11:39pm
The back is back. A little limited in the new me but I have learned that I am not as I once was. My daughter is still going to have 18 till he died on my headstone. As well as my lifes creed.
If it bleeds; I can kill it!

Thanks for your advise and support
IBCNU
Favorite Movie Quote:
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 12:45am
Sometimes have the same trouble; remembering that I am 56 not 36.

I take it you like to hunt.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 3:21am
Hey Pete, would something like this be used as what you call a pattern boat? Or is that kind of thing reserved for higher end boats? In a way I think it's ironic that companies like Chris Craft who built expensive boats are gone and Correct Craft who built less expensive ones is now the one who's selling the high end ones.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 11:02am
Gary, Don never identified what caused the failure of all the wood but per his description it did sound like it would need all new. You have answered your own question in understanding that the labor and materials involved would exceed the value unless you didn't count your own labor. My own Atom would fall into this category! With somewhere around 750 of my man hours into it I sure wasn't doing it to for a monetary gain!

Don, Glad to here you are back even though the back isn't the way it used to be.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

In a way I think it's ironic that companies like Chris Craft who built expensive boats are gone and Correct Craft who built less expensive ones is now the one who's selling the high end ones.

Chris Craft is gone? Since when? We've looked them over at the last few boat shows.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 2:24pm
since when does Correct Craft build less expensive boats, I could buy a damn nice 36' fountain with twin 502's for what they want for a new CC. they hopped on the capitalize bandwagon with the popularity of wakeboarding
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 3:17pm
Erik, Things have changed as the cost of a Correct craft has gone WAY up. Gary was referring to the days when most Correct Craft models were cheap "throw aways".

Tim, The Chris Crafts you are seeing now are not the same as in years past. It is in name only. They don't even make their own boats anymore. Someone with some knowledge of the current company may chime in and fill us in.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 3:29pm
I bet there's alot of Cadilacs down in the front line in the CC parking lot
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2007 at 11:53pm
Hummers and Lexus eric.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 12:04am
That makes me sick to hear Jbear. The hummer fine but not the lexus.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2007 at 12:40am
I am with ya on that.

Now I don't want to be starting any rumors. I have not seen the C/C parking lot...just know what these young ex. types seem to like to drive.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic