NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ford Blue

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
vondy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 11:02am
Thanks guys! I emailed Hirsch for some samples, we will see how it turns out.

I might just put the intake on as is, raw aluminum, for now. Hopefully I will pull the engine in the winter to redo the stingers and I'll paint the entire thing then.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 11:11am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Gary,
Thanks for the link. I was looking for quarts rather than a aerosol. Wish they had a color chart!! The one I looked at is the online Duplicolor.

Mike,
The engine color although I'm sure changed through the years is a medium green with a blue tint to it but not to the point of being aqua. I have no idea what the original was and can find no references to it. I'm only going by what color was on it. It's the original as there wasn't other color under it.

Gary and Mike,
I found the color for the Universal. It's Alpine Green!!! Quite common.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 11:14am
Originally posted by vondy vondy wrote:

I will pull the engine in the winter to redo the stingers and I'll paint the entire thing then.

David,
Looks like you'll have to get a rather large quantity.
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

He joined HM in '64 and he informed me that they rec'd the paint in 55gal barrels.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 11:18am
Hey Pete, While I know it's always hard to tell from a paint cap color or esp an online paint swatch, but is that Alpine Green not remotely close to the Interceptor green? Have you ever tried it? I don't recall seeing it before.   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 12:04pm
Reid,
I think the Alpine Green is what Bruce ended up with for his 6 Interceptor if my memory isn't doing tricks on me again!! I think that's what Steve put on his 6 too. No, I've never see the color up close out of the can and dried.

One thing for sure is the colors on line are way off. I looked at two different sites that had Alpine Green and clicked back and forth between the two. It was like looking at two colors!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic