NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'92-'96 swim platform dimensions

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '92-'96 swim platform dimensions
    Posted: March-13-2010 at 2:25am
I need the dimensions for '92' to '96 ski nautique swim platforms. Width along the transom, total depth, and width at the rear of the platform. Also, whether there is any curve to the dimension along the transom.

Thanks,

Gary
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2010 at 7:31pm
from a '95 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 12:39pm
are you using Brazilin teak? lol or maybe some japanese ash
"the things you own will start to own you"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 5:45pm
Gary, I totally forgot to get you those dimensions last weekend, didnt I? Shoot- I apologize. Looks like tnplicky hooked you up though. Im quite certain theres no curve along the transom.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 6:06pm
correct, straight along the transom
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 7:01pm
I'm using a 5/4 x 4 deck board our local pro yard sells as mahogany, it is definitely not mahogany, I suspect it is jatoba, it varies from tan to deep red in color, it is oily, and fairly dense. I built one platform from it already.

If someone needs a 92 -96 platform, I would be willing to make two instead of one. The net thickness will be a little more than stock, and the individual boards will be be 3-1/2" wide. It will be heavier than the teak. How far inboard do the outside brackets reach? Only one center bracket?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 7:40pm
On my 93 SN I only have 2 slide in pinned brackets. 5" in from the ends.
And then the bracket bolted on the transom in the middle of the boat as Storm34(Chris) mentions later. A metal 'L' shaped bracket about 3" x 3".
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 8:09pm
Gary,
Could the wood be Ipe? It is commonly sold for decking in 5/4. Jatoba is typical for flooring both 3/4 T&G and engineered and commonly called Brazilian Cherry.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 8:33pm
It is not ipe. They have both.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2010 at 9:26pm
Gary, our 96 has 2 brackets as marty mentioned and one smaller bracket in the center. I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow if noone else has one.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 12:42am
here is a picture of the foremenctioned middle bracket..I guess it act as support to prevent the platform to bend...

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 1:40am
Thanks Kapla. Wasn't really sure how to describe the smaller bracket.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 1:04am
Thanks!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2010 at 9:36am
rudder, port, fins, strut are on the way, gotta love horse trading
"the things you own will start to own you"
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2010 at 6:15pm
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic