Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1974 Stringer Repair

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1974 Stringer Repair
    Posted: December-21-2009 at 4:02pm
Hello I have never used forums to help me with a project so far. S if anyone can help me please do so. I have recently purchased a 1974 ski nautique. It is just the hull. I have baught all the parts for the boat to go back together but there is one BIG problem that in the way. I have no idea what the stringer pattern is suppose to be. I do not know how the engine is suppose to sit down in the stringer craddle. If anyone knows the measurment cut out please please help me.

Thanks Clark Slaten
Thanks Clark Slaten
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 4:09pm
Clark,

You need to read a thread titled UK's 78SN rebuild. He has put up some dimensions for his 78 SN which should be the same as your 74. It is on page #3. It is in this Boat Maintenance Section. He goes by uk1979, but he has several boats. I think he has a 78 and a 79. He is in England, and the measurements are in metric, but they can be converted.

I hope this helps,

Donald
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2009 at 4:14pm
I don´t know but a 68 is similar? you can follow Mike (wakeslayer). He has a 68 nautique under resto at this moment..maybe some calls and pictures can help you out...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2009 at 4:03am
Thanks for the help.
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2009 at 8:21pm
Pictures found before removing the floor.
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2009 at 8:26pm
Where I stand for the start of winter 2009.
Thanks Clark Slaten
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2009 at 9:07pm
Cool pics Clark. Good luck. You came to the right place. Guys on this forum pull off some amazing projects. Coors Light come in handy for projects like this.

Waldo
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 1:23pm
that pic of those 2 guys would definitely work as a calender month becasue that is the look of many off this site, the look of anticipation or dis-appoinment
"the things you own will start to own you"
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 2:35pm
^^ Hahahahahhahaha ^^
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Wacko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wacko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 3:14pm
or the "Oh Crap, what have we got ourselves into?" look
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 3:31pm
ROFLOL. We had the same look on our faces with Tom and Jo Nautique a few months ago....
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 4:24pm
Clark,
Cant tell for sure, but it looks like you got a can of liquid attitude adjustment... you'll need lots of 'em before your done!

Will be worth the effort tho!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2009 at 5:56pm
Fast work there Clark and great to see anther 70s SN saved, you probably know its best to level and support the hull off the bunks on the trailer to keep the hull the right shape.
Try this link for more info on your project 79 Nautique Rebuild
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 1:08am
What do I secrure the stringers to the hull with???
Thanks Clark Slaten
79TiqueRebuild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79TiqueRebuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 1:42am
Clark What I did is wiped the spot with acetone. Then cut strips of chopped mat the same width as the stringer and sandwiched that between a mixture of epoxy,cabosil,milled fiber and a little talc. I found the thicker the mixture almost like peanut butter,the easier it was to get it to stay in. I then weighted the stringers down with some sandbags and braced with some wood and clamps after leveling so nothing moved till it setup. Hope this helps. Monty
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 2:04am
Yeah I think it will help alot.
Monty have you ever been to one of the reunions?
Thanks Clark Slaten
79TiqueRebuild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79TiqueRebuild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 2:19am
No I just found this site about a year ago and although Iv'e been around boats most of my life. This is my first inboard. But after I get this one finished I hope to attend.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 3:50am
Originally posted by Cslaten33 Cslaten33 wrote:

Yeah I think it will help alot.
Monty have you ever been to one of the reunions?

Clark, there will be one about 3 1/2 to 4 hrs from you in June. They are alot of fun and often you'll come across persons like yourself who have or have had a project like yours. I know one at least one guy from Duncan, OK who will be there that redid his '78.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 6:44pm
Where is the reunion for people located in Oklahoma?
Thanks Clark Slaten
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 6:51pm
Lake Lewisville in Denton, TX. Bout 45 min across the boarder.Link
...those who have fallen and those who will.
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 7:26pm
Can some one please let me in on what BFN means?
Thanks Clark Slaten
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 7:39pm
Barefoot Nautique. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 11:41pm
Thanks I finally put it together after I posted that comment.
Thanks Clark Slaten
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 11:42pm
How much epoxy does a stringer, and floor rebulid normally call for?
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2010 at 11:43pm
Has anyone ever put a Douglas Fir wood floor and just glassed over it for the floor in a 74 SN? Does anyone think it would look good/classy?
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2010 at 4:24am
What takes longer? Taking the floor, foam, and stringers out or putting all back in????
Thanks Clark Slaten
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 6:10am
Hey where can I find a new rub Raul with a hemp rope insert??
Thanks Clark Slaten
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 9:21am
Clark,
A 74 would have the all aluminum and not the rubber with rope. Take a look at rubrails.com

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Cslaten33 Cslaten33 wrote:

Hey where can I find a new rub Raul with a hemp rope insert??

Why would would want hemp? In case you get shipwrecked?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2010 at 10:47am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Why would would want hemp? In case you get shipwrecked?

Chris,
I don't think the hemp rope is made out of the good part of the plant!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic