NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl Foor 101

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 12:44pm
I am ordering from Gary's. The samples they sent me are close enough to the original for me. I am going to use the above pictured "Shark" pattern on the floors. It will be $105 for four 72" wide yards delivered to my door. Their customer service has been great- answering my questions and quickly sending the samples I wanted to see.   

The aluminum T trim is coming from Mcmaster.com
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 12:50pm
What trim did you order? When I ordered mine last year, they only had the smooth and not the ribbed.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 12:57pm
Im guessing its the 1-1/4" grooved T-trim?

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 1:02pm
Riley- I have not actually placed my order yet. I just found the site last night thanks to Tim and Pete. I hope they have the ribbed since that is closer to the original.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 1:16pm
The 3/4" ribbed is what is original. The 1 1/4" is huge. Unfortunately they only have the 3/4" in the smooth top.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

The 3/4" ribbed is what is original. The 1 1/4" is huge. Unfortunately they only have the 3/4" in the smooth top.

That is a big difference. Can anyone else confirm the 3/4"? I know Tim was guessing.

1973 Skier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 3:22pm
Ill see if I can measure mine this weekend. Bruce is right that 1-1/4" is larger than original. I could swear that my '71 is bigger than 3/4" though. Id guess it was 1", but I could be wrong. Did you see if Taco Marine had anything like that?
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 3:38pm
Keeganino, when I say orginal, I'm thinking 1960's. I don't know what was in the 1970's.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 10:13pm
I have not checked out taco. Have never heard of them but am headed that way in a minute.

1973 Skier
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 12:41am
Hey, why not get the 1 &1/4 ribbed ,if that's the only trim that can be found and trim about 1/8 or so off both sides. Wouldn't that work if no 'OE' size can be found?
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
71Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 5:21am
Discussion on locating the correct aluminum T trim for the flooring seemed to stop after April 7. Has anyone located a source for this material? I looked into Taco Metals, but they only have a smooth top T trim and the bottom is too long and would have to be sawed off. My '71 SN and '68 Barracuda both have ribbed T trim that is 7/8" wide on top (the A measurement) and 7/16" deep (the C measurement). The Barracuda is missing all the sections forward of the engine. Please let me know if anyone has any advice on this. Thanks!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2010 at 3:50pm
I just did a on line search for aluminum T molding and came up with this on the first try

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
71Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2010 at 4:45am
Wow! Thanks a lot for the help! I never came up with anything other than looking at the stuff from Taco. I'm going to call this place, Tape-Ease in Wisconsin on Monday morning. Thanks again - Larry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic