NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need trailer bearings

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
brittcrowell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittcrowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need trailer bearings
    Posted: October-01-2009 at 9:59pm
So when I drove my trailer home from my dads a month ago, I got stuck in a bad thunder storm. Wind was blowing, pushing the trailer and boat and the Jeep around a bit, or so I thought. I went to move the boat under the carport the next day and noticed the wheel bearings had disintegrated.

My boat is a '93 SN with the single axle trailer. It has the grease fitting on the end of the spindle of the axle and drum brakes.
So I basically need every thing. Seal on the back side, inside bearing, outside bearing, washer, lock washer, castle nut, out side metal cover and the rubber cover.

Since the bearings were destroyed dose anyone know what the part numbers of all the parts are? Can I get them at a local parts house?

Thanks
Britt
'93 Ski Nautique (needs new interior)
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 10:08pm
I brought my stuff to a local auto parts and they found the replacement . It took them a while. To my surprise they were Mopar bearings. I have a 2001 Ramlin trailer single axle. Is failry easy to take them out also you want to inspect the spindle and see if any damage was done. The easy way to remove the rear seal is to remove the front bearings, put the nut and washer. Then you pull the drum and the washer hits the rear bearing and the seal comes right out.
Pgaboeing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pgaboeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 10:17pm
Britt, Here you go.

Inner and outer bearings    Napa BR25520 SKF NAPA BR25580 SKF

Rear Seal 22558 SKF

Don't buy the cheap stuff, they don't last. Napa will be able to match up new races with the bearing for you. Take your old hub in with you. Also buy a tube of Green Grease, it works great at keeping the water out of the bearings. Green Grease was developed for the off road truck market, you can find it at Advanced Auto.

Paul
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2009 at 10:46pm
Factory CC Trailer----You might have the 1"shaft-- So yes take one of your hubs with you but these #'s are the National Seal #'s from CARQUEST,where I work.
Bearing---BRG L44643
Race------BRG L44610
Seal------SLS 471750
Bearing and Race Set   BGS BA-4

If it is this common Brg and Race---you can buy them at Wal-Mart as a set for about $10, for the 1" shaft.
Correct shaft measures 1.250--
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittcrowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 1:31am
Thanks for all the quick info guys. I'll get some measurements and start hunting parts.

For your enjoyment here are some pics of the disaster.

Britt
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 1:40am
Did your brakes work on the trailer? That looks like brake fluid leakage. Brake fluid will eat the paint up quickly where ever it touches.You'll need a new axle nut too!And the washer also.Check online and see if this # comes up.It might be a Valmar # or something like a Sierra #----I think it's 80612.I think that's a kit for the assembly.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 1:46am
Might be needing a new hub also, that castle nut can damage the surface where the bearing buddy or the cap sets and they will not stay on.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 1:53am
66 Skylark
93 SN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 10:44am
Take your backing plate off and get it into a parts washer, you can clean those brake shoes but they may never work like new again.

I would also go back with a speedi sleeve for the inner seal because running it like that for as long as you may have I would bet you've scored the seal surface on the spindle and it will leak grease for ever, a speedi sleeve will fix that.

The green grease suggestion above is what I'd put back in, that stuff is remarkable.

Get in the habit of inspecting the bearings every fall before you put the boat away. Worse thing you can do is have a leaky seal and let that water sit in there all winter, the bearing cages will rust and fail every time.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Pgaboeing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pgaboeing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 11:26am
Britt,

Looks like you may have some rust on the spindle. When you clean

everything up and repack your bearing make sure you coat the spindle

with green grease and then pack the hub full. This will help also with

keeping the water out of your hubs.

Paul.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2009 at 12:19pm
As long as you are doing that side, it would be a good idea to inspect/replace the bearings and seal on the other side.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2009 at 12:29pm
Instead of guessing on what size the bearings are why not pull the other side and get the numbers off them. The numbers will be stamped on the side.
As stated earlier I would change the other side also.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittcrowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2010 at 3:08pm
Well I finally got around to fixing the trailer.
Had to take off the other side to get the bearing part number.
Ended up ripping off all the brake parts since they have never worked anyway.
Got every thing I needed to do both sides from etrailer.com

Thanks for all the suggestions and encouragement to do both sides

laira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2012 at 6:25am
So far looks like it may work. Dug up bearing numbers and seals part numbers and both use the same thing which is positive. Also the calipers are simple to remove.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic