NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Driver’s Seat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driver’s Seat
    Posted: February-17-2004 at 2:36pm
I am looking for a driver's seat to fit a Ski Nautique. I am looking for the type that has the separate cushion design like used in the 1976 models on up to the 2001 models with the standard interior. This seat has a cushion for the bottom and the back that is mounted to an aluminum frame. Any help locating one would be appreciated.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2004 at 3:15pm
That is the style I have on my '79 some versions have a pocket on the back as well. Do you have the aluminum pieces or a seat back or bottom? Both cushions are the same for back and bottom other than the back of the back is trimed in vynl and the bottom is expsoed.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2004 at 3:46pm
You have what I am looking for. No, I currently do not have a seat. I am looking for one. All I have to sit on now is a milk crate.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 10:39am
I did see a pair of the aluminum brackets on ebay see if they are still there. If they are get them and call dennis at mid-west correctcraft and buy a set of skins and the foam for your year boat. When you get all of this you can put the foam into the skin and use it as a pattern for the plywood 1/2 thick marine grade about 12 x 12 each. The back and bottom are the same size except the back need to be notched for the frame about a 1/2-3/4 of an inch. The back is a little harded to do because you have to mount the wood before you can attach the foam and skin.
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 12:05pm
I checked into those brackets. They were for the observer's seat. Just my luck.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 12:50pm
You should have got them the brackets are the same for both the seats.

Rob
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2004 at 4:03pm
I just got off the phone with Dennis at
mid-west correctcraft and they carry the aluminum bracketts you are looking for. The number is 260-833-2226 ext 41 (parts)
Dennis Heggen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Heggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2004 at 2:17am
i have both Driver and observer seats. Will sell either

email me at DHBWG@MCHSI.COM
Dennis Heggen View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Heggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2004 at 2:18am
Sorry, The seats are from a 1982
ScottZ View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2004 at 12:29pm
The driver's seat from the 82 should work. Could you email a picture of it?
szuelzke@bellsouth.net
sapidusandsuds View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sapidusandsuds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2004 at 7:10pm
I need the full set for an 82 (will take what you have though . . . if no one else has dibs on 'em first).

Thanks much.
Paul

email info/pix to peditto@comcast.net
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2004 at 5:57pm
I have already purchased the driver's seat from Dennis. I do not know if he still has the observer's seat or not. Since I got the driver's seat I found out that the machine shop in my town has 2 sets of frames and floor brackets for sale at $70 each. They will work for either seat. If you need them, I can get them for you.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
ken@ckbd.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken@ckbd.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2004 at 6:03pm
What was wrong with the milk crate?
68 Mustang
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2004 at 6:48pm
Well, you know, when you put this boat in a high speed turn you need something that will stay under you and not slide around. It also gets kind of hard. The plus side to it is that if someone decided to steal it or if it broke, it wouldn't cost much to replace it!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic