NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rear Crankshaft Seals

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NautiNautique82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiNautique82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rear Crankshaft Seals
    Posted: June-09-2009 at 11:05am
If you have recently purchased a PCM rear seal for a 351 Windsor reverse rotation you better check the direction on the oil grooves before installation. I purchased one from Skidim and when it arrived it was in a PCM package with the right part number (RO47041A)but it was a standard LH rotation seal. When I called Skidim they checked and all in there stock RH and LH had the same direction grooves. The people at PCM were rude and unhelpful to say the least but Jack Chamberlain was able to find the correct seal in his warehouse and hopefully I will have it today.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by NautiNautique82 NautiNautique82 wrote:

The people at PCM were rude and unhelpful to say the least.

That's a shame! You would think that with the economy hitting the boating industry so hard that they would have a better attitude. Maybe it was just the person you spoke to?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
77 nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2009 at 6:05pm
Kudos for checking the grooves before you installed it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic