NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St Johns, FL River

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1415161718 22>
Author
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 4:08am

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 4:13am

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 4:17am

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 4:19am

A rare sighting of the elusive Jbear in his native habitat…

-Adam

1973 Skier
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 10:17am
Wow......I'm going next year!

Hey.....where can i get one 0f those Blue CC shirts with the Rat in the boat?

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 10:35am

"Where did I put those CC stickers?"

Bud and crew

We all hated to see this...

Our good neighbors Adam and Brittney. They were gracious enough to switch campsites with us. I called him at work friday on a bad connection, and I can only imagine what he was thinking! LOL Thanks again!!!

BBQ host extraodinaire Woody with Chip supervising

I hammered BJ with the flash on this one.

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 11:07am
Enjoying all the photos. There are a number of other boats in the Glen that are not part of your group. Did you get any kind of reaction from others about the collection of CCs that was present there?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 11:29am
Paul,

Your going to have to get in touch with the Boat Dr. for one of those. I believe were donated by Chipper and being sold for $20 a shirt. ALL proceeds from the shirts were going straight to Keith for support of the site. Last I heard from the Dr. himself sometime Saturday was that we had around $900.00. Cool shirt for a great cause.
While we all we gathered round Woody's RV Saturday night we did get a phone call from Keith. The Grand Master himself took time out of his ski trip and was checking in on us to see how it all went.

Hard to believe that this wasn't even an official reunion and the Fans turned out in full force. Can only imagine what an official reunion is like. Kim and I will definately be back to the St. John's next year.

Larry,
We did get some interesting looks as the flotilla of CC's passed by.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 12:08pm
What's the story behind Orange Crush getting towed?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 1:05pm
The story is that it was nothing but a gag.

Reid was staying in a house around the bend from where Parramores campground was. Once we all got going and came around the corner there was the Orange Crush being "towed". I know that I was caught hook line and sinker, The Godfather shaking his head and probably a few other folks too. Once he got to the end of the parade he unhooked the rope, fired her up then led us all back out to Silver Glen Springs. We all got a good laugh but none greater than his I'm sure.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 1:09pm
Bruce, Let me be the second to tell you that it was just a joke. Joe, Alan, Brian and I in Crush, along with John and Jamie in Marshall's boat, were sitting in the middle of the river, cracking open our first cold ones of the day, waiting on the others to come cruising up. And you know when we get together some kinda gag is usually in the making as we quickly decided to add a little excitement and suspense to the event and attached a rope to the Mustang with Crush in tow when we saw the CCF armada coming around the bend. AND BOY DID IT WORK!! You should have seen the wide-eyes and WTF gestering arms in the air. Told Woody and the Godfather, "I knew I should've ordered a Ford in this thing". In actuality, the 409 has never run better, or faster.

EDIT: Tim beat me to it.    
ReidP
1973 Mustang

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 1:45pm
Ive been following along and have refrained from commenting... but boy am I jealous! Looks like a great time was had by all- I am going to have to take a serious look at attending next year.

I have to say that Im surprised MM wasnt in the running for the trophies- seems like he always has a strong showing! I cant get over how much hull that 409 gets out of the water either... unbelievable! With the hydrogate up it runs bow-high just like the older boats. Now wheres my grinder...

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 1:47pm
What a great "event" this ended up being for the "Southern Contingency".. You guys were successful at making us cold Northerners very jealous and envious for sure.

Glad to hear and see that everyone had a great time together and no major issues left the first annual Florida get together with nothing but wishes to do it again next year..

Congrats to the organizers !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 2:47pm
What was the comment made about the grin on my face?

The critter clan

Here's JBear checking the troops, and where I'm guessing the water should be.

And JBear's sharp ride

My favorite shot of Billy with me sizing up the shirts.

From friday

We sure did churn up some water!

1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

"I knew I should've ordered a Ford in this thing". In actuality, the 409 has never run better, or faster.

Reid, I'm sure you meant "a Chrysler in this thing."

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Lisa (Blondie) and Patti

Looks like a great time was had by all, but I just have to ask John- What did Lisa do to get stuffed down beside the motor cover like that? She couldn't have done that on purpose!
Greg

86 BFN
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

a Midwest caravan could be a real possibility.

Hmmm.....there may or may not have already been discussion of this between myself and another midwest member who shall remain nameless. A whole year to think about making it work.

Rob
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 6:25pm
Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Very good chance we'll be back next year but we'll make a week of it and drive down with the motorhome and boat.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

a Midwest caravan could be a real possibility.

Hmmm.....there may or may not have already been discussion of this between myself and another midwest member who shall remain nameless. A whole year to think about making it work.

Rob

Hey Rob,
Nobody commented, but your daughter Emily is an absolute doll... Are you sure the mail man wasn't hanging around the house hahaha.. Just kidding buddy. The best times are yet to come !!!

We're in for the cruise down to the second annual. No secret, I think the Midwest can represent with a few CC's !!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 7:19pm
From the stories I have heard and the pictures I've seen, sounds like another fantastic weekend with the great people that make up CCF! Like everyone else who wasn't in FL last weekend ... I wish I was there!

Congratulations to all that put this together - Boat Dr., JBear, Reid and others. And a huge thank you to everyone who was able to attend and contribute.

Thank you!

Keep the pictures coming.

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 7:42pm
I wish I was there. You guys sure embrace diversity. Letting that X Star bomb around with you and getting in that gator/snake river to push that Supra off the sand bar doesn't get any friendlier than that.

Time to get those dates on the MW and NE reunions up while people are fired up!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

to push that Supra off the sand bar doesn't get any friendlier than that.

Is there a Supra site? Anyone a member to post a picture? They need to see 20 CC owners/boats getting the Supra off the mud flats!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 8:29pm

Letting that X Star bomb around with you and getting in that gator/snake river to push that Supra off the sand bar doesn't get any friendlier than that.

1. Only reason we let the X-Star in was because Woody was driving.

2. BuffaloBFN, Chipper, and Myself were dumb enuff do follow the Boat Dr. through there on Fri and got stuck ourselves as we watched him cruise right thru!

3. The only reason we stopped on Sat was because Reid thought that they were 2 girls stuck; but when as he got closer and found out that it was a skinny dude with long blonde hair to his waist and his girlfriend we felt obligated to help out then.

Just kidding...........He would have never gotton that thing off by himself if the CCFan Armada hadn't cruised by.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Is there a Supra site? Anyone a member to post a picture? They need to see 20 CC owners/boats getting the Supra off the mud flats!

Yeah that would be kinda harsh since 5 out of 20 CCs ended up on that bar over the course of the weekend.

Grand totals observed for the weekend
100 percent of supra owners can't keep thier boat off the bottom

50 percent of Mastercraft owners can't keep thier boat off the bottom (Woody did fine, but the other MC we saw purposely ran his boat so far up the shore at the springs that even though he meant to do it I am counting it)

25 percent of Correctcraftfans can't keep their boats off the bottom

Its a better number but one that shows that even the creme de la creme of the boating public can still be taken by this particular area...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 9:06pm
There's usually just barely enough to run on plan water to go where that supra was and on a calm summer day you can see atleast a dozen gators in that same spot, with the water being down a few feet. I've been going out to the silver glen since '89 and it hasn't changed much.
no way that gunship was going to make it. I think i might have went right on by figuring he was doing some scuba diving inside the boat, with the chic that he was using for ballast, i mean observer..I always get those words mixed up.

my dad actually put our '85/86 454 2001 to a dead stop from 55, took 3 guys with fence posts a few hours to get it out, the prop was wheel chalk after that.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 9:18pm

Time to get those dates on the MW and NE reunions up while people are fired up!

Bruce,
The GL dates have ben set since last October..If you meant the registration page, Keith will have it up soon. We're ironing out some details yet..

Hope to see you there..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 10:04pm

Mojo,
Emily is a cutie!

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 10:07pm
Its a good thing she got her looks from her mom!!
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 11:31pm
I have a few photos to post and I must say I could not have been more impressed with everyone I met. A real class act. I think some absolute classic people have chosen Correct Craft. A over head view from a neighbors house boat
bj
hasbeenskier
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2009 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Bruce, Let me be the second to tell you that it was just a joke. Joe, Alan, Brian and I in Crush, along with John and Jamie in Marshall's boat, were sitting in the middle of the river, cracking open our first cold ones of the day, waiting on the others to come cruising up. And you know when we get together some kinda gag is usually in the making as we quickly decided to add a little excitement and suspense to the event and attached a rope to the Mustang with Crush in tow when we saw the CCF armada coming around the bend. AND BOY DID IT WORK!! You should have seen the wide-eyes and WTF gestering arms in the air. Told Woody and the Godfather, "I knew I should've ordered a Ford in this thing". In actuality, the 409 has never run better, or faster.

EDIT: Tim beat me to it.    

When I first saw the picture I thought Reid had it proped like a Bonneville saltflat car and what better boat than Marshalls to get him up to speed then cast him off? Looks like a great time,I know I'm trying for next year!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1415161718 22>
  Share Topic