NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

obamarama

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
Author
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 12:43pm
My comical nature wants to compare the race yesterday to the race between the ccfan special edition boat and the 1973 white and orange mustang, in that it doesnt really matter who won because the same person own's both of them anyhow, but I am not actually that cynical yet and I would hate to compare Reidp to the big monied special interests...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 12:45pm
There's a lot riding on his shoulders. He has the opportunity to be a great president if he works with both sides of the aisle and they all try to solve our problems rather than political posturing. If he tries to cram a liberal agenda down our throats, it will be 4 more years of divisiveness like the past 12 have been.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 1:15pm
I don't even know where to begin as far as describing how significant of an event this is for our country. An African American Democrat won the Presidential election in the USA by a significant margin. Several KEY "Red" states turned blue last night. Even my own county, the 31st wealthiest county in the USA (Lake County, IL- look it up) and traditionally a very republican county, voted for Obama by a huge margin. People around the world shed tears of joy. He delivered a monumental speech in my home town last night- right on the front lawn of Chicago. There is hope for America. Aside from our gun control discussions and tax discussions, step back and take a look at the big picture of what happened last night. Florida. Ohio. Virginia. The list goes on. Although a handful of people on this board don't approve of Barack, I can step off the soapbox because majority of the entire country disagrees with you.

Edit: Check out this election results map. You can drill into individual counties and adjust the time slider to see past results. Amazing.
Election Results Map, NYT
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

There's a lot riding on his shoulders. He has the opportunity to be a great president if he works with both sides of the aisle and they all try to solve our problems rather than political posturing. If he tries to cram a liberal agenda down our throats, it will be 4 more years of divisiveness like the past 12 have been.

I agree.Now that the election is over I figure a post here won't hurt. IMO,he has alot of work to do and although I don't believe anyone is expecting a miracle,they will definately be looking for results and progress.He made the comment that some things may not get solved in the first term,but if he doesn't show the American people he can make good things happen, I doubt he'll have to worry about a second term.
   I did not vote for Obama,but I am going to remain positive about the direction we are heading and hope that everyone who voted for him has helped take this country down the best path for the majority,not jut a specific group(be it income/tax bracket,ethnic background,political agenda, etc.) I would certainly vote for him in four years if he proves he is capable.

Time will tell.

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I don't even know where to begin as far as describing how significant of an event this is for our country. An African American Democrat won the Presidential election in the USA by a significant margin.

Alleluia Amen, Thank You Jesus !!!
We had a dream, Yes we Can !!!

Historic, for sure. Change, deffinitely for sure.. We'll see how significant an event this will be. I hope to "my God" that you will be able to bask in your glory for multiple terms Joel.

Moj'<--- going out to apply for my "Foid" card this weekend.
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 2:38pm
Joel, 52% to 48% of the popular vote. Not as evenly divided as the last 2 elections, but still pretty even. If he's going to be a great president, he's got to consider everyone, not just his core.

Dixville Notch, NH voted for him, which I thought was unbelievable. Even the litte rural town I vote in went for him and they always go Republican.

I hope he's a great leader.
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 4:42pm

I still can't believe it. Maybe there were too many of us working and couldn't get to the polls.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 4:49pm
Sani, how's them Steelers holding up?
"the things you own will start to own you"
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 4:50pm
BTW... I DID vote and I did work all day. Just wanted to clear that up.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 4:55pm
I fulfilled my patriotic duties this week. Jury duty on Monday and voted on Tuesday. I'm good for a couple of years. Right?

Hey, can we get back to talking about boats now?
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 4:57pm
There's a happy thought! Steelers!
Still waiting to hear about Ben's MRI. Leftwich will probably start on Sunday. He played a great game Monday night.
sanity View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2008 at 5:22pm
[QUOTE=scottb] I fulfilled my patriotic duties this week. Jury duty on Monday and voted on Tuesday. I'm good for a couple of years. Right?

Let's not forget that Veteran's Day is November 11th.
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 12:05am
And my bumper sticker will read:

"Don't look at me I voted for Nader"

I am sure after just enjoying all 7 pages of this thread the majority of CC owners are far right in their political views which to me makes sense.

M3fan thanks for your moderate views to stir the pot and make for some entertaining reading.

JoeinNY had the best comments way back on page 3.

Getting away from politics, I am curious who brings up the topic of Correct Crafts on their political or other non boating forums they contribute to.    

88 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 11:07am
I think the CIA came in and deleted some posts, or was it the KGB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 12:23pm
there are alot of other things to consider, we are still to this day on shakey grounds with Russia, anyway you look at it Putin is still in charge and Putin Does not like McCain, and vica versa...I really think McCain wouldve got us wrapped up with them. I think Obama will respect the warnings already out and will steer clear of Russia and keep our already "shakey ground" relationship at bay with them.
they are once again building power and i see them as being a problem in the future, they are a shoot and look the other way country and Putin has that "evil" look to him
skinaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2008 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

I think the CIA came in and deleted some posts, or was it the KGB

said in the tone of sinefeld saying NEWMAN

OPRAH!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2008 at 11:34am
Aemmer, I can finally tear the same bumper sticker off my car, its faded...its been on there for 8 years
Aemmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aemmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2008 at 3:16am
Yea, Eric he has had my vote for the past 3 elections. Think this will be his last time running though.He is getting a bit too old now.
88 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
  Share Topic