NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

possible free correct craft

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: possible free correct craft
    Posted: October-21-2008 at 3:22am
My dad was on a business trip today not far from town and spotted the outline of a correct craft in a over grown yard. Pulled in to take a loook and it looked to be a 66-67 stang. white deck down to the body line and red from there down. It had a chevy small block in it with no carb on it and no motor box so the motor probably has water in it in the cylinders somwhere. The lady said it was a friend of her husbands and it had been in the yard for 13 years. The hull looked pretty solid but oxidized. It is a left side drive so I dont know what model that makes it. It was sporting some kind of chevy V8. I figure if it is free even if its a total loss ill cut it up and make a bar and save some of the parts for all of you CCF'rs who need older parts. Tell me what it is.

If the owner wont pick it up she is going to give it to my dad. Might be a hotrod for me:).
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 7:18am
Zach,
If the engine was the original and considering the port side helm then it may be a Tahoe. Are you sure it was a GM V8? The Tahoe came with a Graymarine but that was a AMC block (250/287/327).

The other possibility would be a Skylark that has been repowered. They came with the Universal V6 (Buick)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2008 at 10:06am
a lady called me out of the blue and asked if i wanted the boat sitting in her yard, unfortuanatly it wasnt a CC, that was 4 years ago and as recent as yesterday i picked a part off of it and sold it for 20 bucks, its amazing on how many of the parts i sold from it. Now Im left with the bare hull and EZ load trailer which i should be able to get 500.00 for the trailer. point being go get it.
"the things you own will start to own you"
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2008 at 6:31pm
Im not sure pete. My dad looked at it briefly and said it was a chevy so it could be an AMC I hope he didnt mistake a V6 for a v8 haha. Ill let you know if the lady calls us. Sounds like you did good eric.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 12:07am
lots of boats, cars, pickum up trucks and old window-less school buses in yards where eric is plus washers and dryers on the porch...not to hard to do good gettin' some parts junk in that area.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 10:07am
John, isnt that normal?
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 2:10pm
Hey Pete,

A couple of weeks ago, a new member put his skylark in the diaries section. Had a factory V8. Hadn't seen that before so I wrote to him. Sure enough, Skylark with a factory V8. Learn something everyday.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 2:54pm
Brian,
this one?
It's the only Skylark in the diaries without the V6

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2008 at 4:35pm
I saw that one. Funny looking Skylark with the right hand steering. I wonder how many of those they made?

There is a V8 listed as an option on the Skylark in the diaries section.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/1966_brochure/index.asp?page=14
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 3:01am
normal for brunstucky and our area of Tennessee.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2008 at 3:47am
That's the one. The owner said he wondered about the engine and starboard helm as well, but the serial number and the emblems are definitely Skylark. Unless someone went to the trouble to swap out serial numbers, which would seem odd, then it seems this is a unique boat. BKH
Livin' the Dream

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

lots of boats, cars, pickum up trucks and old window-less school buses in yards where eric is plus washers and dryers on the porch...not to hard to do good gettin' some parts junk in that area.

john

I laughed when I read that discription because it was dead-on to a place I pass every now and then in the next town. I hadnt been by in a while to take the pics so it took me a while to post on this old thread.

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 5:20pm
Good place to play "I spy" with the kids! Anyone see a winnebago?
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2008 at 11:09pm
sweet bus

former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 12:55am
thats what I was going to say haha.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 2:39am
Where did you get the brunstucky photos Larry?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2008 at 12:08pm
you nailed that one Blue Berry
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2008 at 7:59pm
75 tique ... I didnt know you drive by my yard
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic