Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adirondack Marine - Outstanding Service!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adirondack Marine - Outstanding Service!!
    Posted: September-15-2008 at 3:23pm
I want to thank the entire team at Adirondack Marine for their participation and hospitality this weekend!!

Unfortunately my throttle cable decided to give up the ghost. Reid was my Perfect Pass throttle controller to allow me to get from one spot to the next. As Adirondack was pulling Joe behind the 236, I asked the gentleman at the wheel if they happen to have a throttle cable for a 1986 Nautique. Without hestitation he called the dealership. I was asked if I wanted the cable brought to me. Gary (Stang72) was awesome enough to hang out with me, while the fleet took off for dinner. A 196 Nautique came skipping across the water about 30 minutes later and it was Jeff Roach from Adironack Marine. He jumped in my boat with the new cable in hand and installed it. It worked like a charm, as Jeff drove in front of us to ensure I had no more issues. I have never received such outstanding service with anything. With my luck, I figured my boating season was over.

At the dinner that night, I introduced myself to Tom Roach. I told him about my awesome experience. He told me that the summer is too short to have people go without their boats. Also, while Jeff was turning wrenches on my boat he said this isn't something out of the ordinary, this is what they do. Gary and I were amazed.

I heard many people say that either their next part, service or boat is coming from Adirondack Marine.

Thanks guys!

Ken
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 8:28pm
Not to mention the drive out for jeff was several miles....a good distance.

Most impressive to say the least! Jeff rocks!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

JamesE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:57am
I too was very impressed with Adirondack Marine. For those of you that don't know, the ramp at Adirondack Marine is a little challenging for those that have never used it before. I was petrified that my heavy Martinique would drag my relatively light Explorer to a watery grave. So the guys at Adirondack Marine were kind enough to hook the boat up to their pick-up and launch it for me. Thanks a lot! You guys are awesome!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 2:07am
I bought my 89 supra from Adirondack in 1996, from Tom. A few years later for no reason at all (stress??) my shaft broke right behind the strut. I called Tom, He made some calls and in a couple days I had a new shaft and prop delivered directly from the vendor to my house. A long history of great service!! And a great job with this years reunion.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 9:02am
Sounds like the service all the dealers should hand out. It's sad that isn't the real world!!! You would think that with the boating industry down that now is the time that the OEM's should be looking very close at their dealers. Like this BS with some not servicing old boats!!

Larry, Did you every get a reason to why the shaft broke?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:42pm
Jeff not only drove out to work on Ken's boat but they found time on Friday to work on Reid's boat and Jeff was around on Sunday to check up on the progress on Fly'n Bryan's little red hot rod. None of those boats are under 20 years old. I don't think we left anyone on the dock or on the water dead at this reunion, a lot of the fans also chipped in to help where needed.

According to Ken at Adirondack they stay busy all winter with restorations and things of the like.

Bryan also mentioned that when he first finished his boat and soon after had a shaft break it was Jeff at Adirondack that told him he needed to get that thing into them ASAP so they could get it aligned and straight before he wasted another shaft, prop, etc.. and they also straightened his rudder that was damaged in the process. Sounds like a rarity in the marina business these days.... good competent service.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic