NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Now that’s a steering wheel

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now that’s a steering wheel
    Posted: August-19-2008 at 8:11pm
This pic on ebay cracked me up.
Tim D
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2008 at 11:12pm
Now thats funny!!! Went to look at the other pics, had my whole family laughing.
The windshield is from an old Larson.
I really liked the whole anchor system on the front deck!
So what is it?? I'm guessing a Skylark.

Whoops. maybe not, 64, probably a Tahoe or Star Flite.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 12:04am
That boat showed up on here last spring, heres a link to the post.
silverstang must have changed his mind on fixing her up? Too bad.. I wonder if its an American Skier?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 12:38am
Steve, Could very well be an American Skier. Look at the 1963 broc.   Am Skier white w/ blue top deck, no deck behind the front seats.   Anyway looks like a good strut and rudder.

silverstang84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverstang84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 1:14am
Hello guy/gals!! I see you found my ebay ad.lol. I really wish i did'nt have to sell her, but i could really use a couple extra bucks. The thing i regret the most about selling it, is that i never even got to take her out for 1 ride . Yes.... that steering wheel gets alot of attention.lol. I really truly hope she goes to someone who will fix her up and get her back on the water again. she deserves it!!!
1964 Correct Craft straight 6
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 1:49am
silverstang, Sorry for the cruel cracks, but here's what I did with my 66 Correct Craft.

Motor stringers rotted out, not worth restoring.
If you had more of the original parts, you would do a lot better by parting it out.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 2:07am
I did however, keep the transom.

emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 2:37pm
I really want to find something like that to put on the wall at the lakehouse, then get someone to paint my kids skiing behind it! If anyone knows where I can find an old stern, please let me know!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

I really want to find something like that to put on the wall at the lakehouse, then get someone to paint my kids skiing behind it! If anyone knows where I can find an old stern, please let me know!

Try here.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 6:17pm
Or, I saw a post where Nautiquefanatic is trying to unload a couple of '79 Ski Nautique hulls.

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2008 at 11:39pm
Not quite as classy as Silverstang's, but, here goes.

Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 12:31am
I think that one could remove the lower part of your legs.
Tim D
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2008 at 12:39am
Yea, but it's great for drying ski gloves.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic