NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Shelbyville 08’

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2008 at 10:12pm
2 camping, hopefully the 88 ski makes an appearance somehow (PLBC...)
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2008 at 1:02am
Sounds like there will be a few more boats this year which is awesome. I just looked at the weather and it is looking favorable for next weekend! Probably shouldn't say too early, but this will be the first time without rain.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2008 at 9:40pm
2, hotel, pulling boat.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2008 at 11:49am
99% certain 1 adult. Won't be bringing the boat this time. I'm sure there's a spot for me in a boat somewhere. Probably won't make it until Sat PM.

Rob
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2008 at 1:54pm
Hey Rob, How are mom and the young one? Any chance I can get my radio back? BKH
Livin' the Dream

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 12:09pm
Mom and baby are both doing well. I forgot I have that radio. Shoot me an email with your address, and I'll send it this week.

Rleinen79@hotmail.com

Rob
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2008 at 12:17pm
Rob How about some pics? Or have I missed them somewhere else ? Wendy says ( GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER ).
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 6:30pm
Slight change of plans for me...I will be staying at the Days Inn instead of the campground.

What time is everyone planning on getting there? Is anyone gonna be out on the lake during the day Friday or is everyone coming up later on after work?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 6:48pm
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I will definitely not make it again this year. Hope you guys have a blast as always. Have a few for me...

We'll look forward to seeing you all on the water in the Spring....

Anyone else not able to make it I've got 2 extra tickets to the Cubs game on Friday afternoon. Let me know if you want to meet Carrie and myself at Wriggly...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2008 at 10:30pm
Does anyone know the lake conditions after all the rain this weekend? Just want to make sure it's not shut down or slow no wake for us...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:37am
Don't think Clinton has ever been shut down or no wake. I know we will be in fine shape for the weekend. I'd imagine that the lake has cooled down to a mile 90 degrees or so due to cold evenings. Ha 90 degrees at the outlet. This is going to be great! Looks like the highs will be almost 80 and sunny.

We will be there on Friday afternoon. I have to work, but am hoping to be at the grounds by 5:30 or so. Not sure if we will be able to ski, but sure would like to. I'd imagine that we will have some brew and campfire on Friday and early morning ski Saturday will a lot of soaking!

Gary, is your group going to be there on Saturday and is Brian and Deb going to make it?
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 8:36am
Myself, wife, 2 children and boat are still planning on coming. We intend to camp and will probably not get there until ~6:30/7:00 PM Fri.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 11:51am
Weather forcast...sunny and 80! Water level should be fine.

We most likely will be there late afternoon on Fri.

As far as I know..there could be 4 other groups comming...4 boats from our lake. I need to call brian and Deb ...I do believe they are planning to come....will be a great weekend.

Dave have fun at the game...we will miss you!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:04pm
The slalom course will be making an appearance. For those who are familiar with the lake, try to think of some good spots for it ahead of time, with EW or NS winds.

2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

The slalom course will be making an appearance.

We'll be getting in probably between 9-10 in the evening but thats just about time Miller time anyway right.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2008 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

We'll be getting in probably between 9-10 in the evening but thats just about time Miller time anyway right.

I thought I had you converted to the CL.

Hydrofoil skis, hoping to go 50 yards this time. Days Inn $57.99 (I think, or close to it) is hard to beat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 12:05am
FYI, Renee can't reserve campsites. They have a policy where you have to present a ID for each spot at the time of reservation. We can reserve 2 only. I would like to get there and reserve 6 or so just so we could stay together, but can't. We'll do our best though. Renee will get there early and try to scare people off with horror stories of our "rowdy bunch"!

I am really looking forward to the weekend. Gary, how many boats are you bringing? Definitely bring the Illini boat!

1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 3:39am
Todd...I think two boats...for sure the 210.

What is the name of the camp grounds? I can hold a couple on Fri.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 8:41pm
Gary, the campground is at the Mascoutin access area. That is the only camping at Clinton if I remember right. I don't know which way you will be driving from, but if you take 54 north, turn back east at the town of DeWitt. Go through DeWitt (it will take a curve at the edge of town which is only a few blocks long) and take it another 1-1.5 miles. The park sign is right there. You will drive over a bridge that has the warm water from the power plant. The park entrance if just past the bridge.

I look forward to seeing you on Friday evening. Renee is already planning a huge meal!! Toddie likie food!

Call if you have any questions and that goes for anybody! 217-202-5946

Later
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 9:19pm
Todd, will the rest of your gang be joining us with the pontoon? Hope so, they were a blast. Dana and I are going to whip up a big batch of barebecue pulled pork to make sandwiches for saturday lunch on the water, that pontoon would really come in handy.

ps. Forgot to mention this in my email the other day, the second pickup truck would be great but please don't put yourself, launching with the Bounder is not a big deal and I'm bringing the bikes so we can run it back to camp and peddle my rear back to the launch.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2008 at 10:27pm
Sad to say, we're officially out folks. It ends up to be a bit much after last weekend.

Have a good face plant for me and hopefully it won't be an entire winter before I see all of you again.

-S

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 1:29am
We're already planning on bringing 2 trucks. We are bringing our bikes as well so we can cruise around if needed, so the second truck is hauling wheels and wood.

I am not sure about the toonie. I think that dad may join us, but not for sure about the rest of the clan. Some are going to be in Indy and I can't remember what days. So there may be a slim crowd, but that can all change. I'd imagine that the whole fam will be there on Sunday for sure though. I hate to have dad drag the toonie over to the lake if he is the only one coming. I think he will be in our boat. I will talk to him and see.

Just a thought to those coming to the lake, it may be a good idea to bring some 2 way radios. We have ours packed. I think that there may be some skiers spread out and it may be a decent means of communication. Just my $.02 worth.

We are packed and the boat is gassed up. Heck, lets skip a few days of work guys!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 1:10pm
Hate to jinx us, but we have sunny skies and most importantly JUST ABOUT ZERO WINDS predicted for the WHOLE WEEKEND IN CLINTON. WOOOOHOOO. Yay glass.

2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 1:37pm
Joel, I'm ready for my first slalom course run of the season.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Hate to jinx us, but we have sunny skies and most importantly JUST ABOUT ZERO WINDS predicted for the WHOLE WEEKEND IN CLINTON. WOOOOHOOO. Yay glass.

Is it Friday yet??? No chance of rain til next week and mid 70's. This has been my most anticipated ski weekend of the year, done a lot of boating but very little skiing. Can't wait to get on the course, confidence is high so I'm going home happy or hurting, probably both.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2008 at 2:19pm
Dammit guys..........
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2008 at 1:06am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

99% certain 1 adult.
Rob

Not exactly sure you qualify.....Dena is letting you go without adult supervision?

How about some baby/mom pictures?

Bet you enjoyed ND vs Mich. Hard for me to pick a team to root for in that matchup.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2008 at 11:18am
Well guys......how was it?

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2008 at 11:47am
Absolutely awesome weekend, weather was great water temp on the warm side was 87 and the cold 78. Air temp most of the time was probably mid to high 70's so that's a winner for late september.

Skiing was great with the exception of a little more boat traffic than we would have liked but we managed to get a bunch of good water sunday as we went to the "cold" side of the lake.

Saturday night at the campground was typical CCFans at their best, we ate great and drank a bunch of beers.

Got to meet some new fans to, Tim/Pam and Tony/?(sorry) and their families.

Stangs'new boat, what needs to be said!!!! Outstanding. And the kids are getting pretty darn good behind it too, including the big kid.

Todd and Renee, thanks for bringing the second truck again, you guys are awesome. Joel and Beth for the extra food saturday night(we finished up the Brats on the way home sunday
). Rob for just being Rob, glad you made it down.

And the PLBC gang is just awesome as usual, great to see everybody again and Shannon you are way cool "Morrissey rules".

I know I've left someone out so thanks to everyone for the best weekend of the summer , you rock.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2008 at 12:28pm
Thanks to all the bass boats, hydroplanes and powerboats doing their end to end runs with nowhere really to go.

The weather was too good! That warm water was really unbelievable.

Great seeing everyone again and some new faces and boats, as usual not enough time to hang out, drink beer, and ski.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567>
  Share Topic