Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Shelbyville 08’

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
Author
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 5:03pm
That's a good idea Joel. We were at the lake both Saturday and Sunday and the place had a bit of a crowd there. My advise to anybody wanting to stay at the Days Inn book early. I'd sure hate to have the situation where it is full and people have to drive even further.

Weather was great, water was warm, and the skiing looked super. Sure can't wait for the big weekend!

I saw more ski boats there this weekend! There is a MasterCraft dealer next door and he must be doing well. But there were some really nice air nautiques there too! We used to really stand out with a inboard, but now we are just one of the crowd.

Gary, really looking forward to seeing your new ride and I think it will blend in real well with some of these other Air's at the lake. Anybody ever seen one that had graphics like a airplane? It had the rivit marks and "panels" like a bomber would. Never have seen graphics on a Nautique like those before.

Again, my advise is to book early!

Alan, I don't know where you were thinking of camping, but I wouldn't recommend camping or reserving spots in the "D" section. When Renee and I drove through last weekend it had "NO ALCOHOL" posted all over. I think that is the older and calm section of the campground. I am not saying that we are a bunch of rowdies, but we may want to consider staying close to where we were a few weeks ago. I think those were the largest spots available. When you got back into some of the others, they got pretty small and sunny. Just my .02. Where were you thinking of reserving at?
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2008 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

Alan, I don't know where you were thinking of camping, but I wouldn't recommend camping or reserving spots in the "D" section. When Renee and I drove through last weekend it had "NO ALCOHOL" posted all over.

Todd, Before we left there a few weeks ago Dana and I walked the entire campground, we scouted out which sites were on the trails that drop down to the lake. Also crossed off the No Alcohal sites. I don't have my map with me at work so I don't recall exactly which sites they were. Plan right now is to find out how many sites we need and I'm going to email the Bounder Dude, he'll be there friday am and will round up our sites and hold them for us till we arrive. I think we'll be fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 1:16am
Super plan. I think Renee will get off work early and take the gear and boat over. I will tag up with everyone when I get off work.

If you need any help planning, just let us know. We are close and can reserve if you can't get a hold of the guy.

Will talk later!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 4:15am
Man...all this planning...I think we will just show up! I will just find the bounder people and know we made it!

Todd...We were at the state finals in Du Quion this weekend and saw a Super Air furnished by the Greenville folks...it had custom graphics somewhat like you mentioned. Loren was in that boat all day and helped judge the pro wakeboard division....he had a blast. His coach qualified for nationals in the pro Div.

Helden smoked his competition in the 9 and under...both passes were perfect...landed all thirteen tricks...got big air...now the bad news. He came in second by 50 points because three of the tricks are too advanced for the age group and did not score... 1000 points could not be counted. Being our first tournament we not up on the scoring rules.The tourament director really felt bad about it because someone should have caught it and would have easily taken first. Hell...no biggie...he made a great run, got the croud going , had fun and was not nervious a bit!

Great weekend.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 5:35pm
Reserved a room at the Days Inn, however, I'd sure like to rent a pop-up and hang at the campground. We found a rental place for Shelbyville, but it is about 1-1/2 hours from Clinton.

Anybody know of anyplace near Clinton where one could be rented? Is there a website for the campground?
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 5:50pm
Gary,
That is really cool about Helden. Well, not the part about being penalized for overachieving, but for being able to perform in excess of the rules.

The twins have gotten pretty comfortable on their board this summer. They always ask when they will be as good as Helden. I think they are a little envious, but I've been able to make him an inspiration.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 5:54pm
Can anybody get their hands on a surfboard for the weekend - CQ - any of your neighbors...

What about a toy list for the weekend.

Raindog - 4 wakeboards, 1 wakeskate
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

1 double ender
1 4 way (think lug wrench)
cordless drill adapter
1 gross box rain coats
blow up doll
5 gal astroglide
NE showskiing cardboard cutouts
chaps
plaid shorts
fuzzy handcuffs
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 6:44pm
Steve...I can check with a friend at the club...I think he may have one(surf). We will provide the wake!

Two 138 cm boards and a 125 cm for (small riders)wakeskate. Surf board...maybe? It anyone can bring one , do so...I am not sure on it.

Glad to hear the twins are getting after the riding!...We can put coach Loren on task and he can have them doing a few new tricks!

stang

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

We can put coach Loren on task and he can have them doing a few new tricks!

Gary, Dana discovered wakeboarding this summer and she's pretty much hung up the skis. She'll be up for a few pointers from Loren for sure. You can see the improvement every time we go out and she's having a ball.
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 8:08pm
You guys all have fun.
Another weekend that will not work for me. Two problems, a barefoot race Saturday morning, and my brothers wedding Saturday afternoon (and I can't skip the race )
Have fun and take a lot of pics.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2008 at 8:54pm
Have fun Steve...there is always next year!

Alan...thats awsome...Lisa has started doing a little riding too...we hope to get her doing more. I have not done anything but board this year...it's fun! Your next bro!
stang

The Super Air

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 1:24am
Gary, my boat actually came from DuQuion. That was my home lake for a few years. My mom couldn't watch when I went over the ramp during competition. I had to laugh. Renee and I were wondering if that tournament was this weekend or last. We have gone down a few times to watch the tournament. I took my skis one year but chickened out. Awesome to hear he had a great outing. I'm sure Jeff Myers (previous owner) was running round there. Poor sucker has a malibu now.

As for the RV rentals, there is a RV place in Mahomet, IL. They do rent and it is only 30 miles from Clinton. I will do some digging and see if I can find a phone number. You can do a google search and find it too I'm sure. Give me a call 217.202.5946 and I'll try to help you out. I just thought of this the other day when I was driving by.

Clinton will be rocking in party cove this weekend. Sounds like a live band will be there both Sat. and Sun. afternoon. Maybe they will get it out of their blood and the lake will be calm again after the holidays. I'm sure we will be there over the weekend. Let me know if you want to meet up Gary or anybody else for that matter!

Sorry so long, but wanted to give the update on RV rentals.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 1:28am
Sorry if this is a re-run but ther eis Happy Trails Rentals and the phone number is 217.235.3044

The one that is located in Mahomet is R&S Sales and Service. www.rsrvsales.com 217.586.2055

Hope this helps, but go with R&S.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2008 at 3:01am
Todd...we have a hog roast at the club and will be down there for the weekend...your always welcome to drop in! The tournament was Sunday(24th)...Intleague. Last time I was there was in the 70's at the nationals...Sammy Duval,Cory P,LaPoints....all the hero's from that peroid. It was amazing!
Not sure what day is the roast...but if you want to come for the day,let me know...it's either Sat or Sun.
stang

The Super Air

tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2008 at 11:08am
I haven't been on the site for awhile and was checking on the status of the "Shelbyville" Reunion. It looks like the event is now planned for Clinton Lake, Sept 19-21.

I haven't checked with the family yet , but if there is an attendance list, put me down (4).

I was there yesterday with 2 million other people. Actually it wasn't bad for the first hour and half, but mid-morning on it was crazy.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2008 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by tnplicky tnplicky wrote:

I was there yesterday with 2 million other people. Actually it wasn't bad for the first hour and half, but mid-morning on it was crazy.

Yeah, that's why we've always waited a few weeks after labor day. Glad to hear you'll be out. Are you camping or just coming in for the day?

tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2008 at 2:17pm
I prefer to avoid boating on major holiday weekends for that very reason, but some friends of ours were going and asked us to go to just enjoy the day with them. They anchored their boat (I/O) while I got to pull their kids (& friends) wakeboarding... funny how that happens.

I am not sure if we would camp or just come down for the day (Sat). We are only about 1 hr away so we have some flexibility.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:32pm
We were there yesterday. It was funny how the hot side of the lake was nice and "relatively" calm. The cooler side of the lake was pretty crazy. We found a nice sandbar so the nephews could swim and play on the beach. I guess there was a band in party cove on Sat. and Sunday.

Wondering if anybody else has called on RV or trailer rentals?

tnplickey, where are you from again??? There are so many dang inboards running around that I should be able to spot you.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2008 at 12:59pm
Todd - I called R&S last week. They do not rent pop-ups. I remember Mojo called Happy Trails and while they did rent and deliver pop-ups, large trailers and RV's, he said they would deliver to Shelbyville but were hesitant to deliver to Clinton. I think it is about an hour and a half one way to pick up a trailer.

I think I'll stick with the hotel and we'll just bug the campers and bring grillables until it is beddie-bye time.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2008 at 1:23pm
Stang - I tried sending you an email but they get bounced back for the 2 addresses I have for you. Email a phone number and I'll give you a shout.
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2008 at 9:06am
Weitekampt - I am from the Peoria area. I have a '95 similar to the '93 in your diary section. We make it down to Clinton 3-4 times a summer. I usually stick to the river up here. We were on the cool water intake side on Sunday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 1:56am
Guess I am wondering on a good head count right now. How many will be at the campground and how many at the hotel. How many boats will be attending. I am really looking forward to some great "end of the year" skiing that weekend.

I was just tinkering today and was wondering how many are committed.

Have a great one!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 4:12pm
Todd -
2 Adults, 3 kids. Reservations at Days Inn. Fri evening - Sun. 20% chance of cancellation due to recent business developments.

-Steve
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 6:52pm
2 adults, 1 kid at the Hotel.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 7:12pm
One adult, one kid, you get to guess which is which.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 1:20am
Alan: Dena is letting you travel without adult supervision? Or is she the adult?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 1:54am
Alan...you are both kids...stay young at heart!

Stang and crew...may have others jump in. Couple other boats and family....always promoting!

Deb and Brian I would assume....as far as I know....better check for sure.

Any Paul news???

stang

The Super Air

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 12:22pm
Well........***************........sorry but i wont be making it out this year sorry to say.....I would have been able to make it the original weekend (the first weekend of sep.) but my daughters b-day is this weekend and i have 3 gig's one of wich i will be on TV......so....maybe next year?

Stang.....thanks for the invite to stay at your house.....keep that invite open for me for next year....and your always welcome here whenever you want to come up this way....

have fun and as always drink a few for me!

Oh and steve.....the trailer queen will be put up for the winter i guess now that i won't be going to Clinton.....

see ya all

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 6:33pm
Put me down for 2 staying at the campground. I should have the BFN with me, but that's not 100% just yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic