NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Shelbyville 08’

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Shelbyville 08’
    Posted: December-23-2008 at 5:03pm
Oops....that was my old email(no wonder no one emails me)...This is the one....lisaandgary@comcast.net

Look forward to meeting you!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

81Skisinker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81Skisinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2008 at 5:55am
I plan to get the boat out and running once I get it redone. gotta recarpet and fix a few minor things.. but Im bout 30 mins from lake shelbyville and decatur is just a hop,skip, and jump away so Id love to come and join ya guys this up coming year
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2008 at 11:49pm
Jacob....we are members there and I can update you as to what is going on and who is still there. Brian and Deb Whitfield are active members on this site.The club is busy with activity...always a great time!

Shoot me an email at...lisaandgary@insightbb.com

Alan has been there!
stang

The Super Air

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2008 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by 81Skisinker 81Skisinker wrote:

I gotta say Lake Decatur is alot better of a place to ski due to the traffic. And Im assuming you were talkin about the Ski club at the lake?... spent alot of my childhood on those docks with my family. Learned how to ski there too. There is no shallow spots where u could run aground like you can in Shelbyville plus the jump is nice ( watched my older brother face plant off it while trying to jump) but I was looking for older ski club members on here if they exsist

81, Stang72 and his family ski from the club on Decatur. Shoot him an email, I'm sure you could hook up.   Keep an eye out for this thread again around August of next year as this group tries to plan a trip to your area once a year and the more the merrier.
81Skisinker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81Skisinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2008 at 8:16pm
I gotta say Lake Decatur is alot better of a place to ski due to the traffic. And Im assuming you were talkin about the Ski club at the lake?... spent alot of my childhood on those docks with my family. Learned how to ski there too. There is no shallow spots where u could run aground like you can in Shelbyville plus the jump is nice ( watched my older brother face plant off it while trying to jump) but I was looking for older ski club members on here if they exsist
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 2:38pm
Strange that there are a couple of positive reviews amongst the bad ones.. To bad, since it seems like there is a need for a class joint on that lake...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2008 at 2:03pm
Just for fun I looked up the Eagle Creek Resort in Shelbyville on Tripadvisor.com. The reviews are generally HILARIOUSLY negative and completely mirror our experiences there. There are 25 reviews so you need to page through all 5 pages of them. Very entertaining, and it's good to know that it's not just me with regards to this place:

Eagle Creek Resort Reviews
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2008 at 8:30pm
Gary,

Your boat has Illini written all over it. I am sure the Coach would have preferred the SA to the MC 197.

The girls loved the board! They thought is was "cool". They enjoyed watching Heldon do his tricks as well. Too bad there isn't more summer left.

I'll send you some of the pics via email.

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2008 at 12:53pm
Tim...I hear Zook is a footer??? Maybe we can find a wy to get him to the next Clinton trip! I think he would approve of the SA colors!

BTW...my email is:lisaandgary@insight.net.

Great pics of the girls riding...how did they like wakeboarding?
stang

The Super Air

tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2008 at 12:34am
speaking of the Liquid Edge (& if you are an Illini fan)... just got this email   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Liquid Edge Newsletter
The Journey - Coach Zook - Big Ten Network
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A quick note for all the Illini and The Liquid Edge fans and out there. During the recent bye week for the Fighting Illini, the coach found about 30 minutes between practice and a recruiting trip to stop by The Liquid Edge. It was an extremely rare sighting to get the coach away from a football field, but the weather was perfect and rather going to the gym, why not hit the water. The cool thing is that his trip to the Edge was filmed by

The Big Ten Network and will air tonight at 8:30pm.

It wasn't exactly like a Hollywood movie set, but you definitely felt the presence of the three guys with bags, multiple cameras, tripods, microphones, and no idea of what they were getting into. After all, they were in Farmer City, no footballs, no cheerleaders, just a lake, some skis, and a really cool boat. I wasn't sure weather to hide, smile, or make a quick shameless plug for The Liquid Edge and Mastercraft. In the end I just tried to stay out of the way. Once the crew settled in and figured out the right camera settings (zoom, frames per second, and other terms I didn't understand) we were on our way. I was amazed at how relaxed Coach Zook was from the start with the cameras about 2 feet from his face while he put his bindings on and set into the water. I would have put the wrong feet in the wrong bindings or forgot my gloves. Once in the water, the Mastercraft 197 fired up and we took 10 or so passes down the lake. Coach ski'd hard and fast. After a couple of trips around the turn islands my new crew started to relax and have some fun. They were really getting into the action. Out of the water, they asked Coach and myself a few questions. And as quick as they showed up, they disappeared.

After all this is Football season and it was time to get back to work.

The show is called The Journey. We have watching it for several weeks. It is basically a documentary about the typical day of Coach Zook, his coaches, and the team through the 2008 season. It has been fun to watch. Check it out.

Go Illini

The Big Ten Network
Program Title: The Journey

Tuesday September 30th - 8:30 pm (Central time)

Re-airs on: Oct 2nd at 6pm and 10pm, Also Oct 4th at 9 pm

tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2008 at 12:16am
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

Tim, send me a e-mail. I have something of yours that was left in my boat.

Todd - tried sending you an email but it didn't go through for some reason.

Gary - Same thing. I've got some pic's to send you.

Contact me at: tnplicky@verizon.net

M3 and others - Sorry, several of us could have told you Doug and the Liquid Edge was "just around the corner". Didn't know there was interest to hang out at the MasterCraft Dealer's place in town.

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2008 at 6:06pm
Turns out the Liquid Edge guys did see our Nautiques parked at the hotel! They are about 3 minutes from there.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2008 at 5:02pm
I saw TWO slalom courses off the side of the road on the way home.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2008 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

I just realized that The Liquid Edge is in Farmer City. DAMMIT. Son of a... We were RIGHT THERE.

Joel, heading east on 74 to Farmer city they are right off the highway before rt54. I think you guys came in from the other direction. I saw a bunch of wake boats out there but didn't realize what it was until your post.

I sense a road trip in our future.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2008 at 3:16pm
I just realized that The Liquid Edge is in Farmer City. DAMMIT. Son of a... We were RIGHT THERE. A trip out to this place would have been an awesome mini-field trip within a trip for one of the mornings or evenings during this weekend. How could I have missed this? Well, next time I'll for sure take a little diversion trip to L.E. next time we're down there.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2008 at 10:39am
Gary,

Nothing would make me happier!!!!!!!!!!

My Daughter is a senior this year and my schedule is packed with her activities and trying to get her prepared for college...........I think however she will be attending Green Lake next year.

So maybe i can schedule some lessons now with your boys before they hit the big time!

Hell CC will be giving your boys the next Promo boat at the rate they are going......At the Green Lake Reunion it will be your boys putting on the show instead of adam.

BTW tell heldon i still have the Rhino stuffed animal he won for me at the Goose.

paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2008 at 3:10am
It was butter right before we pulled out Sunday....Alan made a last barefoot run and displayed a tumble turn before calling it a day!

Forgot to mention how cool it is seeing the pics of the young ladies on thier first ride!

Paul....still time to make a trip this way!
stang

The Super Air

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2008 at 2:04am
I should take back my complaints about rough water as we dropped in LATE in the day every day. What do you expect at past 10 AM on any lake? Had I dropped in early, I would have had hours of good water.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 9:46pm
Could not log in for a few days...back running.

Great time...weather good...fantastic group...water warm...great time!

Missing those who did not make it...don't out next year!

Always nice seeing everyone again...and any chance to meet new faces is a big bonus.

Thanks to Tim,Todd and anyone else who let Helden cabbage on to them!

We plan to go a few more times if weather stays warm...water should be good for a while...anyone up for a day out?
stang

The Super Air

weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2008 at 3:28am
Tim, send me a e-mail. I have something of yours that was left in my boat.

Todd
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 11:07am
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

Heldon $Rocks!!

Paul,

7 years old and he's got the women hanging all over him...

Great pictures Tim, that gang of little ones got the hang of it real fast.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 10:55am
Heldon $Rocks!!

What's up Stang????

Damnit......looks like alot of fun there!

Wishing again i could have been there!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 10:03am
New Friends!!!! These guys had a blast together, as you can tell by the looks on their faces.

New first time skier! She later was behind the boat with the long line. She did great!

My new wakeboarders - again first timers. They started off the boom and quickly progressed to behind the boat! Heldon showed them a trick or two!

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 2:03am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Here are a few pics. I think my favorite quote from the weekend would have been from Rob:

"Oh, all three of you have 4Runners now? Isn't that F***ing cute."

I don't think that's exactly how it went. OK, maybe it was.

There was another part at the end that I decided to censor, so yes, that's not exactly how it went.
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 12:55am

Here are a few pics. I think my favorite quote from the weekend would have been from Rob:

I don't think that's exactly how it went. OK, maybe it was.

A big thanks to all this weekend. Alan and Dana for putting me up Sat night, and for the pulls, and Johnny and Joel for the rides around the lake. It's nice once in a while to just show up boatless and enjoy the company.

Count me and the 'fam in next year.

Rob
grover777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grover777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 12:33am
Thanks for not beating me up too bad Saturday! You may have to photoshop the pic above to change the MC into an SN!

It was great to meet you all out there. Thanks for letting us crash the party and I am glad you did not need my MC for parts!!

Todd and Tony: hopefully the Wallys will start winterizing and we can have the lake to to ourselves, we need a few cold fall days to get them in the mood to winterize!

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 12:13am

2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 12:08am
I do have to say that we had a great time as usual. Meeting Tim and Pam's gang was fantastic along with some new faces from the PLBC and Decatur groups. I thought we got rid of the MasterCraft, but the Decatur group brought it back! Just kiddin' man! I was happy to see some new "local" faces and learn about all the secret skiing places in Illinois. Tony, we need to talk more!

It was super to see all the kids skiing and wakeboarding off of Tim's boom! Great to see the young kids getting into the sport! They even taught a gal to ski for the first time!    

I do have to agree that the afternoon skiing was dismal to say the least. The early morning skiing was great and I can't think of a better way to start the day! Even though the skiing tapered off, people were still able to visit and swim around the boats. I think the kids enjoyed the water as well.    I think Helden jumped off my swimboard 100 times!

Joel, if you thought Clinton was rough, your fillings AND teeth would have been jarred out of your head if you went to Shelby. I talked to some people who were at Shelby this weekend and they said it was horrible!

To top off the weekend, Renee and I felt honored to pull one of the newest upcoming wakeboard stars by the name of Helden Hein. We were getting ready to head out, and we were asked to give him a yank. That little guy is awesome to say the least! We also got to pull Mariah who is a newcomer to wakeboarding. What a cool way to end the day.

I do want to thank everyone for coming. It was unfortunate that the traffic was high, but that is also what you get for a public lake and great weather. The campground was awesome as usual. It is always fun to visit with everyone in the evenings and talk boating.

We had a super time and look forward to seeing everyone again.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2008 at 12:06am
It was to great to finally meet some of you in person. We enjoyed our time out on the water, as well as at the campground. It was a great all around weekend!

Todd & Renee, thanks for "hosting" the event at your "home" lake. (& good job with the tent Renee!)

Gary & Lisa, our kids especially enjoyed the company. Having other children to play (& ski) with made their day!

Alan and Dana, thanks for the sandwiches Sat - they were awsome. Bodi was a hit with the kids too - they can't stop talking about him.

We are just sorry we ran out of time to get to know everyone else.

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2008 at 9:53pm
We indeed had a great time, always nice to hang out with fellow CC people. Muscles are sore and eyes are a bit droopy but it was well worth it. A HUGE thanks to Alan, Dana, Beth, Joel, for feeding our freeloading and mooching a$$es on Saturday. The "cased meat" items were great and so was the salad, beans, and corn. We owe you.

It was good meeting Todd and Renee and seeing the Decatur clan again.

Till next time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 7>
  Share Topic