NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone looked at this?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone looked at this?
    Posted: June-30-2008 at 10:44pm
I was kind of thinking of getting a boat to work on and tinker with. Not in a hurry or anything, but I saw this boat in the Diaries and thought maybe I would pick it up and hang on to it until I was ready to start.    If anyone has seen it, can you tell me anything about the engine, floor, stringers?

Thanks.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 11:13pm
I haven't seen the boat but you can bet on complete stringer, foam ,and floor replacement.

Not a bad project if your handy and have time.

Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 1:40pm
Well, time is not the problem. I have the '89 to use.

Any ballpark figures on $$$ to bring a boat like this back to its original glory?

I think it is also a safe be on the floors and stringers. It would be a great deal if the owner had already done them!
Boats:
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 1:44pm
Sam-
I just realized you are the one that restored that awesome looking SN. I don't think I could ever hope to be as detailed as you, but could probably make it respectable.

Do you have any before pics you could post in the other thread to show what you started with?
Boats:
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 1:45pm
There is a thread on this boat. Owner is a member of the site. If I recall, his Dad owned the boat. Sat for a long time. Gave the boat to the son. He and a friend began to restore it, but the owner decided not time and money. His friend wanted to buy it, and the discussion here was how much to charge him. They agreed on a price, and then the friend backed out. It's now for sale here. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 11:06pm
The price depends on a lot of things. If you do all the work yourself and have to paint it, I would assume it will run aroun $5,000+ or so to fix it. It's real hard to say without looking at the specifics.

I actually work in Seneca, SC and would be happy to look at the boat for you if you're seriously interested. The price is right for my inspection too. Just mention the code CCFREE when you talk to me!

Matt
brktracer@hotmail.com (send me your phone number)
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

There is a thread on this boat. Owner is a member of the site. If I recall, his Dad owned the boat. Sat for a long time. Gave the boat to the son. He and a friend began to restore it, but the owner decided not time and money. His friend wanted to buy it, and the discussion here was how much to charge him. They agreed on a price, and then the friend backed out. It's now for sale here. BKH

Brian,I don't know how you remember all those details,but you have my admiration.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 12:18am
It's because I fill my mind with useless crap Gary, leaving no room for useful information like fixing engines or doing electrical work BKH
Livin' the Dream

Sam B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 1:40am
azeus,

In my thread there are some pics of what i started with on page one.
Loud pipes save lives!!

2011 Green Lake Reunion Best of Show.

Sam's 73
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 2:52am
You better snag it before 'Reid' sees it (jk) but he does have a few of them, so maybe he can help you out with what it may cost to fix it up, he may have a few extra parts for the old SNs, or at least a starter!   
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 11:19am
Matt- Thanks for the offer, but I am not going to waste your time right now. I have the time and money, but not the space to do the work right now. No garage/barn. Was just thinking if it was a great deal, then I could find a spot for it. The price sounds OK, but not in any hurry. Anyway, thanks again. If it is still available when we move, I may take you up then.

Man, this sucks! I even got financial approval from the boss...er, wife! I just know from working on the '89, without some kind of shelter, it makes it very hard to work on a boat. Only get the time after work until dark and on the weekend dodging rain. Not to good on a project this involved.
Boats:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic