NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GL travel plans

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GL travel plans
    Posted: June-28-2008 at 12:57pm
As the time draws nearer, what is everyone's plan for the trip? Last year, there was a lot of talk about convoys. Any plans this year? I was planning on leaving from Northern IN either Wed pm or Thurs am. I'd like to meet up with some of the Chicago guys in IL or the NE guys on there way through Indiana, or both. I'm 10 minutes from I80 in South Bend. Helps to break up the trip when you're not on your own. Plus, it gives other people on the highway some eye candy.

Rob
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 1:09pm
Rob, Joe and I were tentatively planning on leaving from NY on Wed AM, which would put us through South Bend mid-late afternoon. My guess is that we'll keep motoring straight through to GL, unless there was another caravan to meet up with along the way.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 3:11pm
We're leaving Friday AM. Hope to be there by lunch.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2008 at 12:43pm
The Atlanta / NC caravan is planning on leaving Lexington Ky around 7 on Wednesday morning, hopefully putting us through Chicago somewhere 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Anybody along the way, join in!
Greg

86 BFN
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2008 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

The Atlanta / NC caravan is planning on leaving Lexington Ky around 7 on Wednesday morning, hopefully putting us through Chicago somewhere 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Anybody along the way, join in!

I sure someone besides Reid is leading the group from NC.He will probably be asleep at that time and bypass KY all together.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 12:38am
Originally posted by kytom2 kytom2 wrote:

I sure someone besides Reid is leading the group from NC.He will probably be asleep at that time and bypass KY all together.

Tom, you know me all too well. That's why I MUST travel with a group. And they all now know, with this post, that we plan to stop at Exit 95 on I-75, just south of Lexington, to hook up with you guys, after talking with Skicat. I'll follow up with Critter, but that works well with our schedule to be there around midnight. Greg says there's a good truck stop there where we can snooze for about 6-7 hours, hook up with you two and be on the road again. We'll be rolling down 64 then up 65 thru Indy Wednesday and looking to pick up other caravaners. We should roll thru ChiTown by 1-2:00 in the afternoon as Greg said, and trying desperately not to wake Quinner or Hollywood. We hope to hit GL by about 5:00, but we're in no big hurry. Well, not me anyway, as I'll still be asleep.       
ReidP
1973 Mustang

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 1:15am
When you get to the end of the exit ramp,take a right.The truck stop is maybe a 1.4 mile.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 1:23am
The truck stop is right on the exit isn't it?
Greg

86 BFN
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 9:58am

We'll be going up wed afternoon as well and planned on keeping tabs on the southern group so we could join in. I'm assuming there's a stop at Quinners and we'd pick you all up there.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 11:06am
should have read.. maybe a 1/4 of a mile...not 1.4..lol
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 12:42pm
Alan,

My departure is a little up in the Air at the moment, my initial plan is to meet up with the southern Caravan on the road, probably on 94 just beyond the Cheddar curtain, otherwise if all goes as planned we are heading up Tuesday AM.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic