NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer on e-bay

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer on e-bay
    Posted: December-31-2004 at 5:22pm
Just a heads up for anyone looking for a CC trailer. There is one listed, looks like OK condition and is very cheap. Opening bid is $100.00 and buy it now price is $350.00. Wish I had an extra nautique looking for a trailer!
Brian
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2004 at 6:38pm
I have two Correct Craft trailers and I am going to throw both of them away - one now and one later this year. TechSun is building a new trailer for one of my boats now. Anyone want to make an offer on one ugly 1966 Correct Craft trailer? The only thing good about it are the new wheels I put on it in Ohio to trailer it to Houston. No winch. Rusty frame. New fenders. Sold as is. First $250 can drive this beauty (ugh) home.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2005 at 5:06pm
Jim,
How's the TechSun working out? Are you happy with it and was your price good? I'm sure I'll end up building a new trailer sometime. TechSun is a lot closer to me and their trailers look beautiful.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2005 at 5:46pm
Hey Dude. I have not yet picked up the TechSun. They are building it for me. When I get it I will post a pic of it and my '68 Mustang.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2005 at 8:42pm
As a follow up, I did walk around the TechSun shop and watched some trailers being built. When dealing with TechSun you deal with the owner - Stewart, which works great for me. The shop is on I-45 south about 1 mile south of Hwy 518 (League City, TX). (This is about 15 miles south of Houston towards Galveston for all of you foreigners).

The shop is what I would call small with probably 6 people building trailers. A lot like the enviornment you see on Orange County Choppers or Monster Garage. In my mind (owning and operating a small electric motor rewind shop most of my life) small is a VERY good thing. I like it when you can freely walk all around the shop, unannounced, and no one pays any attention to you other than a friendly "Hi". Their shop looks real good and well equipped (well, maybe they are a little too busy to sweep). The trailers they are turning out are all aluminum with mag wheels and they are beautiful. Their pride shows in their product.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2005 at 9:26pm
Jim,
About a year ago I walked arouund TechSun and talked with Stewart as well. He was very helpful and I liked what I saw too.   I'll look forward to your pictures.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2005 at 5:21am
League City! I thought all the CC's were in North Carolina! Funny hearing you guy's discussing a place near home.

I work in Houston and will have to get out more often.

I sandblasted and welded my trailer up prior to painting. Also welded out a new hitch. Bought fenders from Harbor Freight since I'm not too good at pounding out dents. Then I backed into it with a monster 4WD....Now I'm welding again!
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2005 at 2:42pm
64 Skier, when I picked my '68 from the fellow I bought it from, in Vermont, he asked what lakes we have around Houston? When I told him I was goiing to put it salt water he got a screwed up look on his face as if he regetted selling me the boat. I was concerned about that until I got back to Clear Lake - the boat floats just fine in salt water!

I'll have an extra CC trailer for sale in a couple of weeks. It needs sandblasting, paint, a winch, fenders, new springs. It's pretty rough in oher words but if you are going to keep running over them in your 4WD you may need a backup.
skinautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2007 at 10:56pm
Hi,
Would anyone happen to have a correct craft trailer between the years of 1991-1995 for sell? Or know of someone who has one and has it for sale. I am interested in buying. Thank-you
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2007 at 11:47pm
Hey Mark (64 Skier)

Haven't seen or heard much from you lately. Wanted to let you know I finally got around to mounting the platform you sold me. Took me a while to decide which way to go with brackets. Worked out great and looks great. Thanks again. I'll post a picture for you some time, since you had asked for that. (hope all is well in Houston -lived there from 1979 to 1987...logged many many hours on the San Jacinto and San Bernard)

Larry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic