Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GL 08 early arrival party/cookout Thurs!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2008 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Steve,
You best bring in a porto-crapper, or your mom will dis-own you.. Hollywood and Johnny alone will polish off the pony keg and destroy your moms favorite tolet cover and rug hahaha.. Wait then there's Quinner;s spastic bowel issues..... ???

Moj'

ROTFLMAOPMP. That's funny, dang I wish I could be there.

At least dig a hole behind your shed or garage for the guys.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 11:41pm
Thanks for the offers to bring supplies. Since all of you are traveling and staying at camp sites or hotels, I think expecting people to bring any kind of food would be unrealistic. Let us locals handle this.

Also, thanks for offering donations. They would be appreciated. Keith is also helping out so this will be CCF sponsered event to boot. We'll make sure there will be plenty of food and drink for everyone.

We have 2 bathrooms and several bushes .

Does anyone have a volleyball setup that they could realistically bring along? If not, I've been thinking on picking one up for some time and will do so for the party.

THERE IS ROOM FOR ALL AND ALL ARE WELCOME! The strong turnout is fantastic and we hope for more.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2008 at 1:10am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Does anyone have a volleyball setup that they could realistically bring along? If not, I've been thinking on picking one up for some time and will do so for the party.

I have a pretty nice portable course, nylon web boundarys, steel cable top and bottom, etc.. I will bring it and a solid outdoor ball no problem.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 12:25am
We have firmed up plans for the Thursday early arrival party.

First, your guys generosity inspired me to change the focus slightly. Lets take this opportunity to make this a fund raiser for CCF.Fan and the GL reunion. We will have a donation bowl out. Any donations above our raw costs for supplies will be donated to Keith and CCF.Com. Win/win for everyone and much more fun than sending in a PayPal donation!

So, the plan will be to chill with everyone at the sand bar during the day. De and I will head in and start getting things ready mid-afternoon. Around 4:00, everyone is welcome to head to shore and start the party. We'll start the cookout around 6:00.

Menu:
- Marinated and grilled pork tenderloins
- Chicken breasts and thighs for the pork-adverse (poor souls)
- 1/4 bbl of Spotted Cow
- 1/2 bbl. of Miller MGD (dosn't matter after the first 2, right?)
- Soda and water for those who know better.
- Potato salad
- Cobb salad (Mom's specialty)
- Macaroni salad
- Watermelon
- S'mores and banana boats for campfire desserts
- chips, etc.

We will have a few pop-up canopies, tables, and about 20 chairs. You may want to bring a chair if it is convenient. The house will be open as well, naturally.

This is a rain or shine affair. In the event of rain, we may end up overflowing in the garage. No one here has ever BS'd and drank beer in a garage before, right?

Joe is bringing a volleyball set for grudge matches. We have a bocce ball set and if anyone has a corn hole bean bag game, bring it! A little Texas hold'em has been known to make an appearance at this property from time-to-time as well.

Also, we have room for more including last minute guests. If you are here Thursday night, make sure to stop by anytime.

Land line at GL - 920-295-3414

Only 17 days to go!

-Steve and De
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 1:13am
Looks like Wendy and I have narrowed it down to 2 kids. So there will be 4 of us at this fantastic get together.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 1:13am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Only 17 days to go!

Wow, I better get my a** in gear.

Steve, count me in! Thanks in advance for your hospitality- this should be a lot of fun.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2008 at 1:10am
Steve

Unbelievable plan! Can't wait to see your place. Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do to make it easier for you guys.

Is there enough room for everyone to come by boat, or do we need to come by car? You'll have the neighbors buzzing for the rest of the year with a pier full of vintage CCs. Let the 17 day countdown begin!

Rob
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 12:43am
Here is an annotated map on how to get to our family place:
Map to Norwegian Bay and Evans' house

Make sure you zoom in and click on the markers and paths shown on the map.

Post any directions questions and I'll answer them over the next few days.

11 more days...
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 12:56am
Is there an exact house address which can be entered in a GPS?
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 9:24am
Steve, No road name from county T to the house? It's still up in the air if I'll come down from up north a day early but will post my decision. It's a tough call whether to spend a extra day with my CC family or my other family!! I also need to call the Bay View to see if the room would be available a day early.

BTW, That google map search locked up my computer! I of coarse went back in after a restart and it did it to me again!!!

No road name on mapquest ether but it's probably the same data base.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 2:05pm
Steve,

I'll be there.....count me and 1 guest in!

Sounds like a blast!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 10:09pm
Steve - The house address is W3130 Jane St, Green Lake. These are rural route numbers and usually don't work on the GPS. Otherwise, try Jane St, Del La, Green Lake.

Pete - CTY T is CTY T. I don't ever recall a street name. Compromise - mornings with family, after lunch head to GL and have dinner with us.

Paul - it will be a blast, esp. now that you'll be there! Is your daughter still on board for the trip?
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 10:16pm
Directions by road.

Take S. Lawson drive north west out of city of Green Lake until HWY 23. Head west (L).

Turn left onto County T, just past the Green Lake Center/Lawsonia golf course with large red brick fence on the left.

Take first left onto Sugar Loaf Road.
Take first left onto Bay Road.
Take third right onto Del Lane.
First driveway on right. Look for realtor's sign and white canopies in drive. Pull off the road somewhat to park and come on in!

About 10 minutes door to door.

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 10:43pm
Directions by boat:

From GL, follow north shoreline heading west.
You'll see a large white building near a small peninsula. This is the Green Lake Center/Baptist assembly. Head past this landmark and head into Norwegian Bay. As you approach the swim bouys around the reeds and the deeper sand bar, slow to no wake and pass to the left. You'll see our mooring channel to the right, our private park and swimming pier straight ahead.

Mooring options:
Unfortunately, we don't have enough piers available for, well, anyone. If you enter the channel (idle all the way in and you should be fine but use your own judgment), there is a private launch. You can drop off your guests at the launch pier and then park your boat as described below.

Or, you can drop off your guests at the swimming pier. I'd come to within 100' of shore at idle then walk your boat in.

Mooring:
The best place to moor is between the swimming pier on the left and the channel on the right. It is a soft sand bottom about 3 feet deep and with minimal emerging weeds. It is this depth for quite a ways out.

Please do not tie up to the pier or anchor right in front of the swimming pier. This will surely set the natives off and possibly cause a lynch mob to invade our party and steal our beer.

Follow the gravel road to Del Lane and we are the first drive on the right.
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 11:06pm
Here is a picture from mapquest from the Hattie Campground to W3130 Jane St.
It shows Road and Water travel.

May help..

Roger
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 2:20am
How many boats are going to make the trek to steve's house. Karen and I have room for two more in our boat, too cool not to use the boat to Go..........Boat dr
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 2:55am
Thinking about taking the boat over, but I assume that lake is 5mph after dark. How long late will this shin-dig last? Always love to drive the boat at night but 6 or 7 miles at 5 mph is tedious.

If we drive the boat over, we'll have room for at least 6 people as well.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 3:16am
I don't know about the 5 mph restriction, Brian. I've run her at night at speed and I've seen others as well. I'll call and find out.

I figure calling it quits about 11:00 to 12:00. Don't want to cash in all the chips on the first night. If you wanted your daughter to sleep a little, we would have a bedroom where she could sleep. We might even have a pack-n-play still around.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 3:50am
Thanks Dog,

Not to worry, we'll have the pak and play and the typical truck full of other kid stuff.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 2:08pm
Steve, I made the decision to come in a day early so I called the Bay View to see If I could get the room a day early. They'll get me in so I'll be there!!

What I ment regarding the road names, were from T to your moms as they aren't labled on mapquest. Sugar Looaf, Bay and Del! Got it now, thanks.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 1:47am
If anyone wants to bring some local flavor, you could do so in the form of BBQ sauce or salsa. I'd really enjoy tasting what some of you southern boys have up your sleeves.
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 1:49am
Looks like I'll be arriving up there some time Thursday night, if it's not too late I'll definitely come by the party. Sounds like a lot of fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic