NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer rebuild
    Posted: May-29-2008 at 1:50am
I'm off this week,time to paint the trailer for GL!

Can't wait to get back to work to rest,this thing is either heavy or I'm gettn' older. I welded up some extra holes that were put in over the years and still have some pitts to fill,but I hope to shoot it this weekend,weather permitting.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 7:59am
Gary, What color are you going to paint your driveway?? The original white that was on the trailer?

On non finish critical spray jobs when I don't want to tarp the garage or take the job in to work, I have always used my back yard. Let the grass grow slightly longer, spray the job, cut the lawn and the overspray is gone!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 11:36am
Pete in the last photo it's all primed,didn't get much on the drive.It's high enough that I'm shooting more at it than down.It's going to be a white Imron.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 12:59am
Boy seniority has its perks...Memorial Day week off...means an extra day to save for later.
They asked the guys at my old garage to work. Double and a half...nice.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 1:18am
Gary,
You dont really need that old junk trailer do you? I'd be glad to give you scrap price for it!

Man, Id like to find one of those!! Looking good!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 1:33am
Got it off at the last minute too John. In our area we work the holidays by seniority so if I want,it's mine,but the Mrs would rather have me home.I used to do it,but having the extra day means more to me now!
Steve with your talents just make one, the hardest parts are the 2 crossmembers. Someone was remaking them on ebay awhile back.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 1:40am
Here is the one from ebay- alot more than your scrap price Steve

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CORRECT-CRAFT-Ski-Nautique-BOAT-TRAILER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66469QQihZ002QQitemZ120260321376QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2008 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Steve with your talents just make one, the hardest parts are the 2 crossmembers.

I know it wouldn't be really original but if someone didn't have or go to a shop that had a iron worker or press break to bend them, the crossmembers could be angle cut and then welded. Gary, when you get tired of working on funny little wires, you could start marking the trailers! Alans already got the bending down for the bow stops! BTW, I'd say that with some simple tooling, that bender Alan got from Northern would work for bending the 3" channel for the crossmembers. I'll look at my tonnage charts later to see what it would take to bend.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic