NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MV-1->MV-2 Conversion Group Buy

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MV-1->MV-2 Conversion Group Buy
    Posted: May-12-2008 at 3:52pm
If you have an older Ski Nautique or any older boat with a MV-1 (non-interlock control) you should definantly consider spending the $40.00 on an update kit. I just talked to a supplier of parts and she can get me a good discount on 10+ of these parts.

This is a great opportunity to add a great deal of safety to your older Nautique without a great expenditure. Post here if interested and we will go from there.

Tim

nc2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 5:42pm
I would probably be interested. What parts are included with the kit?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by nc2001 nc2001 wrote:

I would probably be interested. What parts are included with the kit?

Handle and Interlock insert.

I'm not making any money, just getting everybody 25% off list price.

Tim

dchris17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dchris17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 9:14pm
Stupid question. How can I tell if I have an MV1?
My 1974 Mustang 17

TroopTrack
: The Best Scouting Software
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by dchris17 dchris17 wrote:

Stupid question. How can I tell if I have an MV1?

No interlock on it. So essentially you can just bump it into gear unintentionally.

Tim

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 11:15pm
Tim, all wrapped up, eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 11:58pm
I might be interested. Keep me posted.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 1:00am
Tim,

Who are you talking to about the Morse parts? I need to get a throttle shaft/cam for a MV-1 and we might as well get the update kit while we're at it. Do you know if they sell rebuild kits for these things? Thanks
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 1:21pm
Tim- I am interested in the upgrade.
Thanks for organizing!
-Brad
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Tim,

Who are you talking to about the Morse parts? I need to get a throttle shaft/cam for a MV-1 and we might as well get the update kit while we're at it. Do you know if they sell rebuild kits for these things? Thanks

The kit that I am trying to put together is the lever assembly and the interlock insert. After my    Dad ran the dock over (long story) with the MV-1 we switched to the MV-2. Now my interlock does not work, and these are the parts to fix it.

Any more questions?

Tim

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 4:59pm
My lever chrome finish looks like crap. This kit will really be a good for me. While fixing the looks I add extra safety. I'm in. Let me know.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 5:48pm
Tim- Admitedly I don't know much about these controls- how can I be sure the kit you reference will work with my model?
Are there part #'s I can cross reference, or is it as simple as 'if your throttle doesn't have the safety, then this kit will work' sort of a thing?

I thought I had to change out the entire throttle assembly to have the safety feature of the newer controls.

I hope this works out since I'd really like to have the safety feature.
Thanks!
-Brad

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by behindpropeller behindpropeller wrote:

Tim,

The kit that I am trying to put together is the lever assembly and the interlock insert. After my    Dad ran the dock over (long story) with the MV-1 we switched to the MV-2. Now my interlock does not work, and these are the parts to fix it.

Any more questions?

Tim

That was helpful.

Brad, the interlock is painfully simple once you take a look at how it works. My guess is that the kit will include the throttle arm and the collar with the detent. It should work just fine for you.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 6:21pm
Painfully simple is just my speed lately
Count me in.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Tim,

Any more questions?

Tim

That was helpful.

Brad, the interlock is painfully simple once you take a look at how it works. My guess is that the kit will include the throttle arm and the collar with the detent. It should work just fine for you.

Tim-

If read everything you would have read "lever assembly and the interlock insert."

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 6:26pm

Tim,

Any more questions?

Tim

That was helpful.

Tim-

If read everything you would have read "lever assembly and the interlock insert."

Terrific.

Can you answer Alan's question? He needs other MV-1 parts.
83ski-n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 83ski-n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 7:28pm
I will take one too.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 7:32pm

Tim,

Any more questions?

Tim

That was helpful.

Tim-

Terrific.

Thanks Guys but no need to argue on my behalf. I think I got squared away on the other thread. Just needed the throttle shaft and cam and looks like I have a complete unit coming so I can use that one whole or scavenge from it.

Behindproppeler, I would think this is a good upgrade, but I needed other parts than that and thought I would ask. Thanks again .
taxabel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taxabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 8:55pm
I am interested. How hard is the install?. I suck at this type of upgrade. Something always goes wrong and I am better off leaving it alone.
84raidertique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 12:50am
I have a MV-2 but the detent doesn't work - can push into gear easily. I need both a new lever & the plastic detent plate (assume that is iterlock insert). I haven't been able to find the interlock insert anywhere else - spent hours looking too!

That would be a great deal for $40 - put me down for 1.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2008 at 1:02am

Tim,

Any more questions?

Tim

That was helpful.

Tim-

Terrific.

Thanks Guys but no need to argue on my behalf. I think I got squared away on the other thread. Just needed the throttle shaft and cam and looks like I have a complete unit coming so I can use that one whole or scavenge from it.

Behindproppeler, I would think this is a good upgrade, but I needed other parts than that and thought I would ask. Thanks again .

Charm can get your parts, number is on my desk at work and I will give it to you tommorow so you do not have to buy a whole assembly.

tim

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2008 at 9:44pm
Tim,
   Are still considering doing this?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2008 at 11:45pm
Yes, if I can get enough people.

Tim

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2008 at 2:14pm
Tim, Id probably be in for one as well.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2008 at 2:23pm
I assume this is something I need as well so mark me down as interested.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2008 at 3:48pm
Count me in as interested.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 4:26pm
Tim- My buddy Deryk who bought an 85 SN last fall is interested in the group buy as well. So, you can mark me down for 2.

Thanks!
-Brad
nick85sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick85sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 7:00pm
Tim,

I am also intrested.
Put me on the list for one.

Thanks

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 7:51pm
Looks like we have enough people. I will call this week and get the details worked out.

Tim

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2008 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Tim, Sounds like you're getting a commission on the MV-1 to the MV-2 group buy!!

Pete just volunteered to head this up.

Have fun.

Tim

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic