Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Delivery Problem

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Delivery Problem
    Posted: May-06-2008 at 2:45pm
Here is a list of things I have done to my GT-40 and i'm still having a Fuel Delivery Issues. I have new LPP, Plugs Wires, Cap and Rotor, Fuel Filter,New Coil, New Relays. Anything else I can try it still Hesitates?Any Help is greatly appreciated. It is EFI.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 3:02pm
maybe a fuel pump, presure regulator if it has one? how about the injector's? other than the relays and filter the other stuff won't effect fuel delivery.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 3:12pm
The first thing Id do is inspect the relay connections and make sure theyre making good contact. Isnt there a test you can do to determine if the LPP and HPP are both good?
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2008 at 3:28pm
When is the hesitation occurring? Is there an older post related to this one?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2008 at 1:44am
It hesitates just about every time when I run it close to wide open. I have changed the LPP, should I try the High Pressure one. I think this may be my last option other than a For Sale Sign.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2008 at 12:58pm
so tell a little more, hesitates when coming out of the hole when wide open? on plane and opening it to wide open? runs great until it winds out and is almost at wide open?

wide open when? might be a vaccum passage is getting a little carbon or dirt in it, maybe early signs of a sensor going out
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2008 at 1:26pm
I had a friend with a '02/Excal experience exactly what youre seeing. It would hesistate/cut out at WOT when on plane. I cant remember if it was the HPP or LPP that was the culprit, but I know it was one of them.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2008 at 3:40pm
Just seems like almost all of the similar issues that have been posted on the GT-40 have been with the HPP and/or LPP as Tim stated. You've replaced the LPP so I would say that your next step is the HPP. Certainly not definitive and I hate shotgunning parts 'til you find the culprit, but there should be some sort of test procedure that you can do.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
ezim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ezim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2008 at 2:32pm
I went through all of the same fixes and was ready to go the for sale sign route. I finally checked the fuel pick screen in the tank. Found nasty black gunk. Cleaned, replaced and problem solve. Good news is I had all new points, condenser, coil, rebuilt carb, plugs, wires, fuel filter, and a fuel pump that I knew worked great. Wish I had checked the tank first though. An old boat mechanic told me to start at the tank and move forward. Of course I ignored him thinking I new better. My 2cents.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2008 at 9:56pm
I have cleaned my screen and that wasn't the problem. I ordered a new HPP from Skidim and I have changed almost everything else. Boat has a lot of new parts on it.
Umbilden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Umbilden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2008 at 3:48pm
This topic is a little bit old....BUT I am having the same issue on my '98 - engine occasionally cuts out (typically around 3-4000 rpms).   Has the culprit been identified? HPP? or relay?
'98 Ski nautique
Recently seperated from my '82
My Link
PaCemkr86 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaCemkr86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2008 at 3:54pm
why not just put a fuel pressure gauge on it and take it for a spin ?

EFI fuel pressure gauge
Phil Underwood

1976 Ski Tique

nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 5:59am
Originally posted by PaCemkr86 PaCemkr86 wrote:

why not just put a fuel pressure gauge on it and take it for a spin ?

EFI fuel pressure gauge

Ditto!
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2008 at 11:07am
one thing always overlooked on these newer engines is connections, when the problems start to occur wiggle the connections at all the sensors and injectors and so on, more times than once a bad connection has solved little issues as this
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic