NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

63 Aqua Skier on ebay.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 63 Aqua Skier on ebay.
    Posted: April-25-2008 at 9:40pm
I spotted this today
63 Aqua
and as always am curious about the wood CC's. The one thing that bothered me is the seller states he glassed the spray rails. The picture showing the transom also looks like the bottom edge to the hull bottom is glassed. I contacted the owner with the fiberglassing question and he got back to me with the answer. He is under the impression that a wood boat requires soaking to be water tight so he glassed all the seams. He didn't want to have to soak the boat every time he used it. I did get back to him and explained that soaking a wood boat is a true sign of a bad bottom especially a plywood boat. The only exception to the soaking is a single plank board on batten hull such as a Century. Anyone who may be interested in this Aqua should be aware that it would require bottom work. If used with the fiberglass over the seams would be the true "kiss of death" The glass will hold water moisture and promote rot.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2008 at 10:52pm
I saw it too Pete...and another that looked even more interesting. I'd love to do a wooden boat and I'm definitely not in a short line to do another fibermess. Alas, a wedding goes through money quicker than owning a boat?!!?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic