Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking to Buy A 1969 MUSTANG Want input.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 1:56am
#2   if one clogs you still have another,only really needed in a competition boat

For a painted boat with unknown condition drive train it should be way under 4
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
livenfree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote livenfree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 11:11am
Hey thanks for the info! I did buy the boat Saturday.
Yes I would say the stringers are rotted. I can push a screw driver right through from the top down no problem. And the fiberglass is flaking off.
Would it hurt to run her for the summer and then do the work in the fall/winter?
I took a bunch more pics and will post them later this week, I guess I can start a diary page... I assume that is a good place for posting pics.
Oh ya PS- The motor cover/box is all wood :)

Make it a great day!

Brice
A NEWBIE WHO LOVES WATER AND BOATS
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 11:53am
Originally posted by livenfree livenfree wrote:

Yes I would say the stringers are rotted. I can push a screw driver right through from the top down no problem. And the fiberglass is flaking off.
Would it hurt to run her for the summer and then do the work in the fall/winter?
Brice

Sounds like the rot may almost be to the mushroom stage!!

Brice, It's my opinion that if you can push the screwdriver through the stringers that you would really be taking a chance running it like that this summer. With only the glass shell holding the engine, you will have some alignment issues with the shaft/engine. I'd hate to see you blow the trans.

Glad to hear that you saved another CC! It may take some work to bring it back but it will be worth it. We are here to help. Get some more pictures up! (smaller size though!)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 1:12pm
Good deal Brice. Glad you got it. Did the compression come around? Did you add oil to the cylinders?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic