Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with my 83

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Policerob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Policerob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with my 83
    Posted: April-19-2008 at 10:41pm
My boat, 83 ski naq.. 351 PCM, is having trouble starting when I put it into the water. On land connected to the hose from the house; boat starts ok. I go to the lake and back the boat into the water won’t start… If I pull the boat out of the lake and start it on the trailer then back it into the water no problem all day long even if I stop the boat. I have ruled out the boat ramp angle as the problem because I just pill the boat out of the waster ad it starts even on the ramp at the same angle. A few more thing I have ruled out the impeller, (new and I tested it.. empties a 5 gal bucket in 20 sec @ 2500 RPM), Has any one else had this problem????? I can only hypnotizes that resistance has built up in the wiring of the boat and added presser of the impeller trying to suck up a 1” column water

I wanted to also add, I suggested to some one on the forum about bypassing and cutting the wires to the safety nub inside the tranny. I did this on my boat but and it was successful fix. But I did later repair the nub for safety reasons.. This would be a good test to see it fixed the problem. And my not ruin your day on the lake.. I was yelled at by another form member for suggesting this procedure and my spelling. I had replied from my I phone and I have trouble with that dam I phone keyboard. Sorry for the spelling and misunderstanding.

Thanks Rob
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2008 at 10:48pm
I don't know who would have yelled at you about spelling, but there is more than enough poor grammar to go around on this site. Don't worry about it.

As to your issue, I'm afraid I don't have much inspiration. I've never even read of such an issue. It will be interesting to follow the diagnosis. BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2008 at 11:07pm
Policerob,
This was the first recommendation made when you first posted the problem:
"start at the tank checking the pick up and the anti siphon valve. If OK then check the hose forward to the pump. Then check the pump with a pressure gauge - It may be getting to the point that it needs replacing." Did you do the checks? In this thread, your first thread on starting problem there are also a couple other ideas for you to check.   I don't know what you are doing with the water pump impeller. That really wouldn't have anything to do with a starting issue.

I was the one who commented on your spelling. I never knew it was such a problem using a expensive iphone as sole access to the internet. I see that you are still using it!

I was also the one who commented on you bypassing a safety device. I'm glad to hear that you went back and made the proper repair. What was upsetting is that you made the recommendation as a repair to another member. That other member may have no idea what the purpose of a NSS is. He may bypass it per you "idea" of a repair and then seriously injure someone by starting the boat in gear.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic