NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any one else getting excited?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any one else getting excited?
    Posted: April-18-2008 at 2:14pm
Well it's supposed to get up to 80 degrees here today in Ohio, I am so freaking gitty I can't stand it. I just want to be back in the water. Anyone else ready?
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2008 at 2:20pm
Going to try and get out of work early and get the boat in this afternoon for a ski run!

Tim

WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2008 at 3:00pm
I am guessing the ice will go off my lake in the next 2-4 days. Cannot wait to water test the Mustang....   stupid weather, this is the latest ice off since I have owned a boat....   while we are getting warmer it is taking sooooo long.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2008 at 4:11pm
I am hoping to prep the Air for the summer tomorrow. Then have it in the water next week end.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2008 at 4:13pm
Having a little cold spell here in NorCal. Not supposed to get above 62 degrees today. BRRRR. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2008 at 7:45pm
Skied last weekend, high 30s brrr.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2008 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I'd like to say you're a better man than I, but I think you're probably just a bit crazy. BKH
Livin' the Dream

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2008 at 10:30pm
haha yeah BKH there's a fine line between better man/dumber man... Since hollywood & i are a bit younger than the rest, we tread quite carefully along that line...haha

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 1:35am
Got the Air out and ready for the summer today. But no one to goto the lake with. next week end is manditory both days. I can't win.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 7:12am
Well... just take a look at my reply in this "Off Topic"-thread

I'm already gitty since a few weeks!!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 7:15am
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I'd like to say you're a better man than I, but I think you're probably just a bit crazy. BKH

BKH, aren't we all here? I thought is was required to become a member here...??
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

RIPnSIX View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RIPnSIX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 11:29am
I have be known to trip over that line. I was in the river last year on April 9th...That was a tick on the chilly side. I have also been in the water on the 16th of November. I would really like to get once in all the months but, it's kinda hard to ski through the ice.
If you don't fall, you're not trying hard enough.

If it doesn't hurt.. Go Bigger.

Tubing Sucks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 11:32am
I made it to the Sunday before thanksgiving this past fall. But have not made it out yet this spring.

Kristof
I agree I though being a tad crzy was a prerequisite for the site.
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2008 at 3:37pm
80's in middle tennesse this week. WE are doing minor maintenance on the 86 and 83 on friday and hope to have them in the water on saturday.

Bring it on summer!!!!
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 2:48am
Do any of you have dry suits? Here in Oregon most of the members of the local ski club have them. I don't but they are skiing and I'm not. It gets up to about 45-50 during the day right now, but still snows at night.

A suit would get me in the water a couple weeks earlier each season, but $500 for a couple a weeks a year it though for me to swallow.
Work to live, not live to work.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 10:19am
The ice finally went out last night on my lake. Going to take the Mustang out for her maiden voyage tonight!! We are installing my dock and lifts on Saturday. Let the season begin!! Re: drysuits. Umm.. we would not be in the water for another 3-4 weeks without them. Guessing water temp to be 38-40 at the moment. Seasons here are too short the way it is, it is worth $375 to extend it 6+ weeks counting both ends, Spring and Autumn,
Mike N

1968 Mustang

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 11:04am
Skied April 18 in central MA, used a long wetsuit. At this rate a shorty suit in a week from now. I was just snow skiing here three weeks earlier. This global warming thang aint so bad.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Brktracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brktracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 11:13am
I'm about to burst at the seams!

I was ready to ski a few weeks ago. Water temp here in SC is in the low 60's now and I have a shorty suit (not that I really need it now). It's supposed to be in the high 70's for the next 10 days!

Being a perfectionist over my boat has slowed me down but I'm getting close now. I guess I'm so picky because of how much I like Nautiques!

Matt
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Skied April 18 in central MA, used a long wetsuit. At this rate a shorty suit in a week from now. I was just snow skiing here three weeks earlier. This global warming thang aint so bad.

Tom, I didnt realize you were from MA. Where do you call home?
79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 1:30pm
Woke up this morning to 2" of new snow and still coming down. Our ski club is having it's first Wednesday evening meet at the course tomorrow. Air temps will probably be around 40 and water in the low 50s. With out a dry suit I'll be playing catch up for the beginning of this season. Last year at this time it had been in the 60-70 degree range for a month.

Wake Slayer, do you recommend any particular suit?

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 1:50pm
79Tique

Deff get a dry suit. I'm not sure what brand mine is but if you have a good one, you could barefoot in a tux like James Bond, and the dry suit would keep it dry.
Some guys I know foot in Angola Indiana when the ice is still on parts of their lake. They were footing on the 13th of Jan this year. Dry suits a must.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Yep, roots and work are in MA.
but i'm in Thompson, CT
Been skiing more at S Charlton Res lately, less at Webster.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Yep, roots and work are in MA.
but i'm in Thompson, CT
Been skiing more at S Charlton Res lately, less at Webster.

Thompson is on the opposite side of the state from where I grew up- the closest Ive skied was on Hamilton Res, but that was years ago.

We ski less than an hour away from you here in MA during the week- you should join us sometime! Shoot me an email if youre interested: TRBenj@gmail.com
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 6:01pm
TR, Very kind of you, thanks

River Rat to Mole
joes83sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joes83sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 8:39pm
well I hate to brag but its been in the 80s for the last few weeks here in south georgia. ski'd the last two weeks, {still sore} wtr temp 72. but i hate to brag.
MarineTech View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2008 at 8:45pm
Well, it got up in to the seventies last Friday and we pulled skiers on Friday evening and all day Saturday. Of course New Jersey is a bit warmer than the more Northern states right now. We have a group meeting us at the marina Wed. afternoon and expect everyone to ski. I'm stuck driving the boat due to an injury....it's tough getting old. Our regular season is now officially open though....skiing every weekend now when it doesn't rain. Water temp hit 55 last week. I wish all of you warmer weather really quick, it's great to be back on the water.
Ken
Projects

Luchog wrote:   "Anyway, you're full of s79t"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2008 at 3:28pm
79Tique

I really like the Oniell Hybrid Assualt kind of a combination of a bag suit and a neo suit. I have had one of each previously. This is my favorite. $359 from Overtons.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

79Tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2008 at 7:40pm
Thanks I'll check it out. I'm over waiting for the weather to warm up. Time to get proactive.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic