NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1974 Stringer Repair

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Okie Boarder Okie Boarder wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Cslaten33 Cslaten33 wrote:

I got the medium. Yes I got several pumps from us composite. I will go by weight I'm sure.

Clark,
How have you been getting the mix ratio? By measuring volume or pump strokes? The reason I asked if you did get the pumps is they really are the easy way to get the ratio. Assuming you got the correct ones, one full pump stroke of each gives you the proper ratio. No goofing around with a scale.

Pete,

It doesn't appear that US Composites sells the "metered" pumps like I got last year for the FLAG Resin. Their pumps are 1 pump equals one ounce. I've just been careful about what I'm doing and making sure I do 3 pumps of resin to one pump of hardener with the medium hardener set up. If Clark got the same pumps he'll need to do the same and/ or weigh it, right?

Yes, if the pumps don't meter the ratio then it's by number of pump strokes. Weight should be checked occasionally.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Cslaten33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cslaten33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2010 at 11:21pm
Yes I got the same pumps andy had when I was at his house a few months ago. I have only used the auto store brand epoxy so far. Im going to break into the us composites epoxy sunday. thanks for the great advise.
Thanks Clark Slaten
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 567
  Share Topic