NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman Get Together 9/25

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 11:16am
Sorry Billy, but in additional to travel arrangements, Marty also handled the invites. And I'm sure u were on the list.

Swatkins, good talkin to u as well, and YES, Barefoot Eddie will be there with his Python! And for all u Deliverence guys, that's his boat. I sense a 6 man BF run.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 11:49am
BF stands for Bare Foot.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 1:06pm
Glad you clarified that, Hollywood. Reid scared the heck out me for a second.

This is going to be a great weekend. I wish we could make. You all have a great time. Marty don't forget to pick up your cushions.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Getting pretty excited here... this will be my only CCFan event of 2010 (informal get togethers in CT and MA aside). It will be great to see everyone. Unfortunately, we hit a few snags with the BFN so it wont be coming with us... instead we'll be dragging along our latest addition, Tique. We're picking up on Wed!

Alright this barefoot project is getting rediculous, you need me to finish it up or what... there is a 92 BFN currently getting a little work done to it in the back of my shop but hopefuly it will be out of there by the weekend...

And what is with this Tique.. you bought Joel's old boat are you buying his dog now too?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 4:20pm
I am curious about this Tique as well. It must be either a cream puff or a deal that couldn't be passed up.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 4:25pm
"Tique" is the new yellow lab puppy's name!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2010 at 5:07pm
A Lab puppy? I hope he becomes as good of a boat dog as Boaty & Skippa!
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 9:49am
Reid
Gail and I would like to make it our first Southern get together if you have room for one more tent that would be great. If not we will get a
motel room. We are planing on being there early Sat. See you then.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 2:32pm
That's awesome news Mike! We've still got plenty of waterfront tent room, so come on out. We've only got a total of one dock slip, so it's gonna look funny with boats rafted off 20 deep. Just kidding, as I counted and we've got dockage for single every out-of-town boat coming as we added another floating dock recently. So we'll probably raft up several local boats and I've set several morings as well. We're set.

As for other main essentials, water and weather; the warm dry weather is dropping our lake levels but we're still good, and according to the continuously updating water temp link
http://www.bestoflakenorman.com/about_lake_norman/weather/WaterTemp/day.php
it's still above 80 degrees. As seems to be the case with almost every CCFan outing, we've got several days (Fri-Sat) of splendid and warm 90 degree weather (bring your sunscreen)and then a chance of showers on Sunday.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/weekend/28117
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Towermac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towermac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 2:33pm
I may have a bed and a couch available. I will see y'all there on Friday and we can discuss it then. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Marshall
Marshall
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 3:21pm
I wonder if Reid is really checking those sights. He's probably just sending Boaty and Skipper for a swim, then asking them.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 5:38pm
Sorry to say, other people are rearranging my schedule, so I'm not going to make it. Hope to be able to send a care package however!
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 6:17pm
I'm probably only going to be able to stop by Saturday afternoon for a little while. I would at least like to put some faces to names and see some nice CCs.

I haven't had a chance to mess with my boat so she'll be trailered on her way to her resting spot for the winter. Hows the street parking at your place?
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 6:32pm
Ryan, are you kidding!   He owns the whole point

No, plenty of parking. So you gonna get to see the Infamous 'Purple Rain' this time, huh?
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2010 at 7:07pm
Definitely looking forward to it!
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 1:02am

Hate to miss this one, it sounds like a big turn-out.
Or a big sales meeting....hehehehehe

And have live music too. "The great Eddie picking" and "Martymabe on the spoons".   But who gonna be the singer ??? Reid   

Have fun this weekend and post some good pics.
Maybe next year, I can come with some southern backup..

Dave
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 9:13am
Headed thataway at about 1:00pm from the ATL airport and hooking up with clarkebar for the red n white contingent to Reids. We should be there in time for dinner.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Headed thataway at about 1:00pm from the ATL airport and hooking up with clarkebar for the red n white contingent to Reids. We should be there in time for dinner.

On what day? Do I need to be prepared and throw some extra beans on?
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 11:00am
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

On what day? Do I need to be prepared and throw some extra beans on?

Whoops!      Sorry about that.. we'll be making port TODAY.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 11:52am
Come on to High Point

The Embers are playing tonite!

Good 'ole southern BEACH MUSIC
66 Skylark
93 SN
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 10:12pm
6:10 central and the terrestrial midwest crew hits the freeway in the Bounder with Reid's new boat in tow.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 10:47pm
I wish I could make this event, but with the kids in school and dealing with a bad case of bronchitis it's not going to happen. Anyone who is heading down I-77 through Ohio and wants to stop by and have lunch I'm less than 5 minutes away off of exit 111. Have a great time and take lots of pics!
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 10:54pm
ummm.....pictures can be used as evidence can't they?
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 10:55pm
Randy, looks that way for me too. I have not received my plane tickets from Reidp yet. Maybe tomm.He said something about pigs flying, so I assume it is a new airline.........
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 11:09pm
Would that be Oinker Air?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2010 at 11:44pm
The Atlanta contingent made it to Reid's with no problem. Looking forward to tomorrow as more fans show up but Reid,Eric, and I will make great use of the boats on hand and the glass to drive them on. No worries guys the camera is like the boat as I don't leave home without it.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

The Atlanta contingent made it to Reid's with no problem. Looking forward to tomorrow as more fans show up but Reid,Eric, and I will make great use of the boats on hand and the glass to drive them on. No worries guys the camera is like the boat as I don't leave home without it.

Only the warm up crew. The real Atl crew doesn't come in till tomorrow!
Greg

86 BFN
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 12:44am
The Southern Bloods will be in full force Saturday afternoon. A few Friday AM
66 Skylark
93 SN
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 12:53am
Don't know if we are with the Midwest or Southern but we will be there Friday morning.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2010 at 12:58am
Well if you live in Winder GA, you are definately in the South now!!! Do you have your rebel flag for the boat yet? Welcome to the hood!
Greg

86 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 9>
  Share Topic