Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

river pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
tnplicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tnplicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2007 at 11:13pm
Hollywood / quinner :

Unfortunately that is not me in the picture with the Sears Tower in the background, nor was I in the boat at the time. However it was a couple of friends of mine who were participating in a charity event that involved skiing from Chicago to Peoria (day 1) and Peoria to St. Louis (day 2). Picture was probably taken the 1st year of the event, back in '97. The event is now in it's 10th year (last weekend) but the format has changed and we no longer do the Chicago to Peoria portion for logistics reasons. I never got to do the Chicago leg of the trip. No special permits were required.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2007 at 10:36am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

I think Robleinen skis on the river I grew up on too--St. Joseph in N. Indiana.

Wow dude, great memory. Seems like people don't like to ski on the rivers. When we invite friends out, someone always says "you swim in the river?" The St Joe river where we ski tests cleaner than Lake Michigan year after year, plus you can always find clear water in the 17 miles between the damns. We had 81Nautique out a few weeks back, and he loved it.

Rob

I missed this thread but yes I loved that river Rob, water quality was the same if not better than my home river. Much narrower too so I think you could find water just about any time. Granted it was cold that morning but I think we may have seen 5 boats on the entire river. Let em all go to the lakes, that place is a gold mine. I do miss boating in nice clear water though but we have no choice if we want to stay local.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic